Coles shoppers raise eyebrows over “X-RATED” Mother’s Day Gift — “Prices ain’t the only thing going down at Coles”

It seems like every year, retailers try to outdo each other with wacky Mother's Day gifts and deals that will surely delight every shopper who is on the lookout for great finds.

This year, Coles seems to have taken the cake for having the most bizarre offering after one of the items from its Best Buys catalogue has caused a number of shoppers to raise their eyebrows.

The grocery giant's Mother's Day range — which is available from April 22 to April 28 — is full of great gift ideas, and there's something for everyone.

However, one item has managed to catch the attention of shoppers after it was deemed inappropriate by some.

The item in question is the $49.99 SABA Wand Massager — a little rechargeable massager that comes in two colours and boasts a range of features, including strong and quiet vibration, waterproofing, and a soft skin-friendly waterproof head.

IZ8WB3ZyosiEdcbonxiNEmSvZaWCW9fKxqdQTgYgleP_TsaA7s5FlFkOdeqjp9w5JMXt0MDK0tgZmNcB4Pqj1Bk6nOhgMUG5SXJ-omTBcnh1TQ2m_k0lEKvbNCPV2d6kl-SUum0

Coles shoppers raised their eyebrows over an alleged “x-rated” item found in the retailer’s Mother’s Day range. Credit: Coles.

According to the product description found at page three of the Coles' Mother's Day brochure, the gadget "can help relieve pain and fatigue in joints and muscles”.

While the description appeared to be wholesome, a number of shoppers seem to be ‘reading between the lines’ when it comes to the product’s details.

One shopper asked: "Which muscles?"

Wand massagers function to relieve muscle tension, so it is not surprising that the manufacturer included that "narrative" in the product description.

However, it was pointed out that the design of the machine seems to resemble a vibrator.

In fact, a post in an ALDI fans Facebook group even prompted a barrage of innuendo-laced comments from shoppers who were chuckling over the supposed "x-rated" item.

One comment read: “Prices ain’t the only thing going down at Coles.”

“Uhhh, I’ve brought literally the same thing but mine cost $200+ and has a different name,” another quipped.

A third chimed: “People buying this device can do G-rated type massage AND..OMG-rated!”

“Ok but exactly how quiet? Asking for my neighbours!” another joked.

Another said: “Personally, the on switch should be on the other side.”

One user even questioned why the product is waterproof, suggesting that mums don't necessarily need massages in the shower.

Regardless, wand massagers are a great gift to anyone who is looking to release tension from their muscles and joints (and no, this is not a pun, folks!).

Are you looking forward to nabbing one of these wand massagers? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below, if you dare!

Sponsored
Coles shoppers raise eyebrows over “X-RATED” Mother’s Day Gift — “Prices ain’t the only thing going down at Coles”

It seems like every year, retailers try to outdo each other with wacky Mother's Day gifts and deals that will surely delight every shopper who is on the lookout for great finds.

This year, Coles seems to have taken the cake for having the most bizarre offering after one of the items from its Best Buys catalogue has caused a number of shoppers to raise their eyebrows.

The grocery giant's Mother's Day range — which is available from April 22 to April 28 — is full of great gift ideas, and there's something for everyone.

However, one item has managed to catch the attention of shoppers after it was deemed inappropriate by some.

The item in question is the $49.99 SABA Wand Massager — a little rechargeable massager that comes in two colours and boasts a range of features, including strong and quiet vibration, waterproofing, and a soft skin-friendly waterproof head.

IZ8WB3ZyosiEdcbonxiNEmSvZaWCW9fKxqdQTgYgleP_TsaA7s5FlFkOdeqjp9w5JMXt0MDK0tgZmNcB4Pqj1Bk6nOhgMUG5SXJ-omTBcnh1TQ2m_k0lEKvbNCPV2d6kl-SUum0

Coles shoppers raised their eyebrows over an alleged “x-rated” item found in the retailer’s Mother’s Day range. Credit: Coles.

According to the product description found at page three of the Coles' Mother's Day brochure, the gadget "can help relieve pain and fatigue in joints and muscles”.

While the description appeared to be wholesome, a number of shoppers seem to be ‘reading between the lines’ when it comes to the product’s details.

Wand massagers function to relieve muscle tension, so it is not surprising that the manufacturer included that "narrative" in the product description.

However, it was pointed out that the design of the machine seems to resemble a vibrator.

In fact, a post in an ALDI fans Facebook group even prompted a barrage of innuendo-laced comments from shoppers who were chuckling over the supposed "x-rated" item.

“Uhhh, I’ve brought literally the same thing but mine cost $200+ and has a different name,” another quipped.

A third chimed: “People buying this device can do G-rated type massage AND..OMG-rated!”

One user even questioned why the product is waterproof, suggesting that mums don't necessarily need massages in the shower.

Regardless, wand massagers are a great gift to anyone who is looking to release tension from their muscles and joints (and no, this is not a pun, folks!).

Are you looking forward to nabbing one of these wand massagers? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below, if you dare!
All l can say is some people must have dirty minds

Get a life complainers. None of your business what someone uses it for.

Says a lot about their sex life if that is what they thought, Even if they were given one by the kids it could still be just for a massage. Some people just like to make a fuss, Good neck massage while in the bath covered by the waterproof.

Some narrow minded people should ‘grow up and get a life’! Beautiful mature people should just enjoy your life with all it’s opportunities❣️

Reactions: zevon1956
Well hubby's quip depends on which end you want to use for a short or long massage.

OMG Coles Shoppers have dirty minds and when I stop laughing I may say something else but as it is I have tears and cant see the screen hahahahahahahaha

I never thought of what outraged shoppers think it is. Each to his own I say. My mother would have said "Dirty minds, dirty ideas"

I go to the gym twice a week and my personal trainer uses something similar but much more powerful to massage my back in the cool down...........

REALLY!!! get a life...this product is disgusting!!! Shame on Coles and all companies that import cheap products from overseas...to unjustly promote products for every celebration season that can potentially further the demise of our planet.
this person is realy sick

We all know the world has been going to the dogs for some time so not surprising that businesses just want to make money out of everything whether moral or not.