Coles shoppers delighted by 'surprise' gift cards from the supermarket

Saving money at the supermarket can be tough these days. Even essential items that every household needs are becoming expensive. But hold on because here's some good news that will brighten your day!

Recently, shoppers all over the country have been pleasantly surprised after shopping at Coles. A few lucky Coles customers have received unexpected gift cards in the mail, and they can't contain their excitement.

'Has anyone else received a $100 voucher from Coles thanking you for using Flybuys?' one customer posted on Facebook, alongside an image of the card in question.

Imagine planning your budget and shopping list, only to discover that you have a gift card waiting for you.

Screen Shot 2023-07-10 at 12.30.40 PM.png
Several Coles customers have enjoyed an unexpected boost to their grocery budgets with surprise gift cards in the mail. Credit: Facebook.

And she wasn’t the only one! Several other Flybuys members claimed they had gotten something similar, with a handful of shoppers sharing that they each received a card worth $50, adding up to 10,000 bonus points.

The shopper later thanked the supermarket giant for their generous gift, confirming that it was indeed a legitimate offer.

'I have contacted Coles, and it is legit. Just seemed very random turning up in the post!' she exclaimed.

The sentiments were shared by a spokesperson for the retailer, who, during an interview with a news outlet, confirmed that Coles had been sending out unexpected gift cards to quite a few of their loyal customers.

'Our most engaged Flybuys members have been gifted with a $100 Coles supermarket gift card sent in the post to spend in-store,' the spokesperson said.

'The gifts are a token of Coles' appreciation to its most loyal shoppers.'

According to the spokesperson, Coles delighted 5,000 Flybuys members last month by showering them with exciting freebies like Coles gift cards or bonus points. And the best part? There are even more delightful surprises planned for customers throughout the year!

This isn't the first time the supermarket giant has pulled off a generous promotion. Last year, they amazed thousands of Flybuys members with generous gifts like gift cards and even up to a whopping 1,000,000 bonus points.

Key Takeaways

• Several Coles customers have enjoyed an unexpected boost to their grocery budgets with surprise gift cards in the mail.
  • An initial Facebook post expressing disbelief at the 'random' $100 voucher prompted other customers to share their similar experiences.
  • After verifying the authenticity of the offer with Coles directly, the original recipient confirmed that it was, indeed, a legitimate gesture, not a scam.
  • A Coles spokesperson verified the gesture, stating it was a token of appreciation for the most engaged Flybuys members, with plans for further 'surprise and delight' moments throughout the year.

What a wonderful way to show your customers some appreciation! It’s moments like this that remind us that although the world is not without its flaws, it’s definitely a beautiful and generous place.

So, the next time you open your mailbox, be sure to keep a keen lookout. You might just find a delightful surprise card fluttering out, bestowing upon you the power to indulge in shopping without the lingering worry about the final cost at the checkout counter.

What are your thoughts, folks? Have any of you received one of these delightful gift cards in your mail? Let us know in the comments below!

Reactions: Liag
Sponsored
Nothing in the mail, but every day I get emails from Coles and Woolies telling me I can claim $100 just fill out your name address etc. 99.9% of all emails I get are scams I just delete them all it’s just not worth risking everything for $100.

Nothing in the mail, but every day I get emails from Coles and Woolies telling me I can claim $100 just fill out your name address etc. 99.9% of all emails I get are scams I just delete them all it’s just not worth risking everything for $100.
those emails are a scam as wen you read down it shows an American address and the link is to another site entirely. bit of a bummer but I did read about the chance to win for flybuys users in one of their newsletters, good to hear that one was true.

Reactions: Gsr
Great. reward people who have money to spend. what about the rest of us. I'm not going to spend more, just get a reward, of which I don't haves the money to spend more. It's not fair, they should be helping those who can't afford to buy their groceries etc.

Reactions: SandyM and Gsr
Saving money at the supermarket can be tough these days. Even essential items that every household needs are becoming expensive. But hold on because here's some good news that will brighten your day!

Recently, shoppers all over the country have been pleasantly surprised after shopping at Coles. A few lucky Coles customers have received unexpected gift cards in the mail, and they can't contain their excitement.

'Has anyone else received a $100 voucher from Coles thanking you for using Flybuys?' one customer posted on Facebook, alongside an image of the card in question.

Imagine planning your budget and shopping list, only to discover that you have a gift card waiting for you.

View attachment 24738
Several Coles customers have enjoyed an unexpected boost to their grocery budgets with surprise gift cards in the mail. Credit: Facebook.

And she wasn’t the only one! Several other Flybuys members claimed they had gotten something similar, with a handful of shoppers sharing that they each received a card worth $50, adding up to 10,000 bonus points.

The shopper later thanked the supermarket giant for their generous gift, confirming that it was indeed a legitimate offer.

'I have contacted Coles, and it is legit. Just seemed very random turning up in the post!' she exclaimed.

The sentiments were shared by a spokesperson for the retailer, who, during an interview with a news outlet, confirmed that Coles had been sending out unexpected gift cards to quite a few of their loyal customers.

'Our most engaged Flybuys members have been gifted with a $100 Coles supermarket gift card sent in the post to spend in-store,' the spokesperson said.

'The gifts are a token of Coles' appreciation to its most loyal shoppers.'

According to the spokesperson, Coles delighted 5,000 Flybuys members last month by showering them with exciting freebies like Coles gift cards or bonus points. And the best part? There are even more delightful surprises planned for customers throughout the year!

This isn't the first time the supermarket giant has pulled off a generous promotion. Last year, they amazed thousands of Flybuys members with generous gifts like gift cards and even up to a whopping 1,000,000 bonus points.

Key Takeaways

• Several Coles customers have enjoyed an unexpected boost to their grocery budgets with surprise gift cards in the mail.
  • An initial Facebook post expressing disbelief at the 'random' $100 voucher prompted other customers to share their similar experiences.
  • After verifying the authenticity of the offer with Coles directly, the original recipient confirmed that it was, indeed, a legitimate gesture, not a scam.
  • A Coles spokesperson verified the gesture, stating it was a token of appreciation for the most engaged Flybuys members, with plans for further 'surprise and delight' moments throughout the year.

What a wonderful way to show your customers some appreciation! It’s moments like this that remind us that although the world is not without its flaws, it’s definitely a beautiful and generous place.

So, the next time you open your mailbox, be sure to keep a keen lookout. You might just find a delightful surprise card fluttering out, bestowing upon you the power to indulge in shopping without the lingering worry about the final cost at the checkout counter.

What are your thoughts, folks? Have any of you received one of these delightful gift cards in your mail? Let us know in the comments below!
Have been a Coles shopper for over 40 years and used Flybuys for just as long and have not even received a simple thank you in all that time!

Reactions: Gsr and Jennie
I haven't received a free gift card from Coles, but I quite often get a free product.
It''s usually something that I don't buy so that gives me a chance to try something new.

Reactions: Gsr
I haven’t received a gift card but I did receive some extra points not so long ago. They just appeared in my account, 20,000 I think it was. I was very grateful to receive them.

I have been a Coles shopper for 60 years and have never had a thing not even a thank you. I have been a Fly Buys member ever since they started.

I got an email today from coles as I am a flybuys member.
It asked me to choose 10000 points or $50 gift card.
When I chose $50 the next page said I had to spend $40 instore over the next 4 weeks.
But the offer expires on 23 July...in 10 days.
My Aunt recieved the same!!!!!

Coles surprising their loyal customers with gift cards sounds like a total win! It's awesome to see companies showing appreciation to their shoppers.I love surprises like this. Speaking of delightful surprises, I once got a custom necklace with name as a gift, and it was so cute and special. It really brought out all the feels!So, if there's a chance to get a Coles gift card in my mailbox, count me in! It's those little moments that make life sweeter. Let's keep our eyes peeled for these fabulous surprises! Have any of you received one of those awesome gift cards? Share your stories in the comments below!

Last edited: