Coles shoppers are furious as products disappear from store shelves

Members, have you been to your local Coles lately and noticed that a lot of the freezer aisle is looking a bit... empty? Well, if so, you're not alone.

Other shoppers have taken to social media to share their frustration over frozen food shortages at their local Coles.

Customers in some parts of Victoria, New South Wales, and Western Australia have reported seeing empty freezers in ‘for weeks’ – some say it’s been months since they were last stocked.

People have complained over the lack of frozen chips and ice cream, while others said they knew there were loads of shortages in stores across the country. However, Coles has yet to release a statement on this issue.

‘Why is there never anything at Coles Pinjarra?’ asked one customer.

coles1.jpg
One NSW shopper shared this image of an empty freezer in a Facebook post. Credit: Facebook

‘For months, low stock, fridge sections have next to nothing. And is there a shortage of ice cream? There hasn’t been any for weeks unless it comes in and there is some sort of ice cream hoarder of Pinjarra.’

They added: ‘I don’t want to have to travel into Mandurah. When I feel like ice cream, I want it. And not the $10 plus tub either.’

Someone replied to their post saying they also noticed that Coles Pinjarra had minimal stocks in their frozen food section.

Another shopper shared: ‘At my Coles, the Warwick store, they’re always out of frozen chips and Pepsi Max. They haven’t had frozen chips in weeks.’

One customer even shared this image of the freezers at Coles Aintree on Facebook:

coles2.jpg
The freezers are completely empty. Credit: Facebook

Shoppers in Victoria and New South Wales also vented their frustrations online. Some were perplexed because they couldn’t find frozen chips at Coles South West Rocks, and yet there were ‘heaps of frozen veggies’.

‘It has been like this for weeks, what’s going on?’ They asked.

A customer from Melbourne wrote that they were having the same issues in all of their stores as well. ‘There are heaps of shortages,’ they said.

Other Facebook users suggested that the widespread flooding in the country must have been the cause of the food shortages.

‘Norco supplies Coles ice cream and their factory was inundated with flood water,’ someone explained.

One commented: ‘The floods in our main produce areas, NSW and VIC have meant that these areas have been cut off.’ They added that since farmers are either unable to pick crops or if there’s anything worth picking at all, they can’t process them.
Key Takeaways

• Coles customers have taken to social media to share their frustration over frozen food shortages at their local stores.
  • Shoppers in some parts of Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia have reported seeing empty freezers that haven’t been restocked in weeks or even months.
  • Most customers have complained of having no frozen chips and ice cream available, while others have spoken of widespread freezer food shortages across the country.
  • Some Facebook users suggested that widespread flooding in Australia could be the cause of the shortages.
  • Coles has yet to comment on this issue.
Well, there you have it, folks! What do you think about this story? Have you been to your local store lately? We’ll keep you posted once we have an update.

Sponsored
I haven't been able to get frozen chips in ages. My kids like making chips as a snack while watching movies.

There are alot if items not available atm. My online shop had 15 items not available this gave me a refund of $85 and with no substitutes

Noticed the same thing earlier this week(empty freezers) at my local Coles in Plympton, South Australia. When asked, an employee just shrugged her shoulders and kept walking. Sigh

• Sad
Reactions: Zoya and Ricci
Luckily I haven't found that shopping online with Woolies, sure they have the occasional out of stock and I get a refund for an item but never more than two in one shop. Mind you, I haven't been in store for ages so I probably don't get the true picture. :(

Reactions: Zoya
Members, have you been to your local Coles lately and noticed that a lot of the freezer aisle is looking a bit... empty? Well, if so, you're not alone.

Other shoppers have taken to social media to share their frustration over frozen food shortages at their local Coles.

Customers in some parts of Victoria, New South Wales, and Western Australia have reported seeing empty freezers in ‘for weeks’ – some say it’s been months since they were last stocked.

People have complained over the lack of frozen chips and ice cream, while others said they knew there were loads of shortages in stores across the country. However, Coles has yet to release a statement on this issue.

View attachment 9497
One NSW shopper shared this image of an empty freezer in a Facebook post. Credit: Facebook

‘For months, low stock, fridge sections have next to nothing. And is there a shortage of ice cream? There hasn’t been any for weeks unless it comes in and there is some sort of ice cream hoarder of Pinjarra.’

They added: ‘I don’t want to have to travel into Mandurah. When I feel like ice cream, I want it. And not the $10 plus tub either.’

Someone replied to their post saying they also noticed that Coles Pinjarra had minimal stocks in their frozen food section.

Another shopper shared: ‘At my Coles, the Warwick store, they’re always out of frozen chips and Pepsi Max. They haven’t had frozen chips in weeks.’

One customer even shared this image of the freezers at Coles Aintree on Facebook:

View attachment 9498

Shoppers in Victoria and New South Wales also vented their frustrations online. Some were perplexed because they couldn’t find frozen chips at Coles South West Rocks, and yet there were ‘heaps of frozen veggies’.

A customer from Melbourne wrote that they were having the same issues in all of their stores as well. ‘There are heaps of shortages,’ they said.

Other Facebook users suggested that the widespread flooding in the country must have been the cause of the food shortages.

‘Norco supplies Coles ice cream and their factory was inundated with flood water,’ someone explained.

One commented: ‘The floods in our main produce areas, NSW and VIC have meant that these areas have been cut off.’ They added that since farmers are either unable to pick crops or if there’s anything worth picking at all, they can’t process them.
Key Takeaways

• Coles customers have taken to social media to share their frustration over frozen food shortages at their local stores.
  • Shoppers in some parts of Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia have reported seeing empty freezers that haven’t been restocked in weeks or even months.
  • Most customers have complained of having no frozen chips and ice cream available, while others have spoken of widespread freezer food shortages across the country.
  • Some Facebook users suggested that widespread flooding in Australia could be the cause of the shortages.
Well, there you have it, folks! What do you think about this story? Have you been to your local store lately? We’ll keep you posted once we have an update.
Hi I have been reading these articles over the last couple of months and today decided it was time to speak. If the empty freezers etc are a result of the floods etc then you people have little to complain about. Those people in the flood regions have lost so much over the past year and all you can do is complain about shop freezers being empty. Shame on you - think yourself lucky that you haven't lost your personal belongings or even worse your home.

There was an article a short time ago about potatoes being in short supply. so I guess that is why there is a short supply of frozen chips.
I do agree that people who have lost everything in the floods really do have something to complain about.

I have noticed recently the shelves (not just freezer shelves) are becoming pretty bare in Coles.
Seems a bit strange when you can go into Woolworths and find the items you are looking for.
Surely Woolworths has the same transport problems as Coles, but seems to be handling it far better.
We are lucky though we can at least access food when you see the dire straits in other parts of the country.

View attachment 9497

View attachment 9498

Key Takeaways

Not just Coles. Ever noticed that when these products are back in stock it is usually with a good price increase ?

Hi I have been reading these articles over the last couple of months and today decided it was time to speak. If the empty freezers etc are a result of the floods etc then you people have little to complain about. Those people in the flood regions have lost so much over the past year and all you can do is complain about shop freezers being empty. Shame on you - think yourself lucky that you haven't lost your personal belongings or even worse your home.
Absolutely...Totally...Unequivocally ....Agree.

I have noticed recently the shelves (not just freezer shelves) are becoming pretty bare in Coles.
Seems a bit strange when you can go into Woolworths and find the items you are looking for.
Surely Woolworths has the same transport problems as Coles, but seems to be handling it far better.
We are lucky though we can at least access food when you see the dire straits in other parts of the country.
I wondered that during Covid. I used to pick up my click and collect at coles and they gave me a print out of unavailable items which I then used as a shopping list in Woolies on my way past. Again I find I go between the two shops. Mind you if there is something I can’t get, it’s no good complaining about it is it! It’s not anyones fault, just circumstances beyond our control and I’m grateful we’re not actually starving to death.

View attachment 9497

View attachment 9498

Key Takeaways

This week the Noosaville Coles had no 24 or larger cartons of Pepsi Max, Diet, Lite or Sugar free at all . I just cannot drink the 'ordinary" Pepsi or Coke. Also I check for the 'specials before I travel 50 klm round trip once a fortnight for my shopping . However very few appear on the shelves at this Coles. Is it just a shortage of shelf stackers as an under manager there told me? Don't tell me to shop at Aldi (too many dodgy products) or Woolworths (rude staff at checkout).

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci
They blame freight, thats a lie, if you can drive from Cairns to Tasmania then I am sorry it is not a freight problem. Then they blame the floods, then they blame the fuel price, then they blame under staffing. Why can't the Supermarkets tell us the truth for once.
I find it amusing they blame the floods for price increases, how the hell are the flood in NSW causing the price of avocado's and Mango's in North QLD where they are grown to go up....please Explain??

Reactions: Ricci
This week the Noosaville Coles had no 24 or larger cartons of Pepsi Max, Diet, Lite or Sugar free at all . I just cannot drink the 'ordinary" Pepsi or Coke. Also I check for the 'specials before I travel 50 klm round trip once a fortnight for my shopping . However very few appear on the shelves at this Coles. Is it just a shortage of shelf stackers as an under manager there told me? Don't tell me to shop at Aldi (too many dodgy products) or Woolworths (rude staff at checkout).
Soda Stream has Diet and Normal pepsi now, and what I call Fanta I am not a Soda Stream sales person (wish I was) but I suggest you look into one. I have had mine for over twelve years now, fantastic. They are Online!

Reactions: EILEEN W and Ricci
Absolutely...Totally...Unequivocally ....Agree.
I do think myself a bit lucky but you have to think they 'chose' to live there! Plus councils have to hold some responsibilty as well, as they know what is needed but do not do anything, been there done that, councils get money to stop a lot of this flooding but choose not to do anything. The people living there need to kick up a heap more stink about the useless councils.