Coles 'raincheck' policy: What is it and how can it help you save?

Have you ever been on the hunt for the ultimate bargain and found yourself heartbroken when all the sale items you wanted were nowhere to be found?

Don't worry, you're not alone! We've all been there, maybe even more times than we'd like to admit…

But did you know that as a Coles shopper, you have a secret weapon in your arsenal to snag massive discounts on those sold-out sale items?

Australian investing expert Queenie Tan just spilled the beans on this little-known money-saving trick in a recent interview. It's called a 'raincheck', and it's your ticket to unbeatable deals!

The next time you're at Coles and find that the sale items you want is sold out, don't give up hope just yet. Ask for a raincheck and watch your savings soar.

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 6.59.21 AM.png
The raincheck policy guarantees customers a discounted item for a whole month after the date of issue if the item is temporarily unavailable. Credit: Facebook.

Here's how it works:

If you're a Coles shopper and you stumbled upon a bargain, only to find out that the item you had your eye on is completely sold out, don't worry! All you have to do is ask the friendly staff for a raincheck.

With a raincheck, the store will write down the item you wanted to buy and the sale price on a little slip of paper. Then, when the item is back in stock, you can return to the store and purchase it at the discounted price.

The best part? A Coles raincheck guarantees the sale price for 30 days after the date of issue, so you have plenty of time to snag your bargain!

However, there's a catch.

Depending on the item, there may be a maximum amount you can claim with a raincheck. Some items have a cap of three, while others may be capped at six.

But don't let that discourage you from taking advantage of this shopping hack - it's still a great way to score a discount on those sold-out sale items.

The news of this hack has shocked many people, some of whom had heard of the term 'raincheck' before but never knew what it meant.

'This is the first time I've actually been taught what a raincheck is,' one person wrote in a comment, with another chiming in and saying, 'Now I know what I have to do next time. Thanks for the tip!'
Key Takeaways

• Coles' raincheck program allows shoppers access to sale items long after they have returned to full price.
  • If you're a Coles shopper who found a great deal but the item you wanted is sold out, just ask for a raincheck.
  • When you ask for a raincheck, the staff will write you a paper coupon that you can use to buy the item at a reduced price on your next visit.
It's worth noting that both Woolworths and Coles suspended their raincheck policy during the pandemic.

Woolies stopped issuing 'rainchecks' during the height of COVID-19 in 2020 because of supply chain issues. There were also rumours that people were misusing the raincheck feature to buy loads of discounted items only to be resold at a higher price.

No one expected Woolies to stop issuing them for good. Needless to say, plenty of shoppers were shocked and disappointed.

Well, thank goodness Coles brought back the raincheck feature, giving shoppers the chance to score some sweet deals on sold-out sale items once again. Let's hope this handy hack spreads to even more supermarkets and retailers nationwide!

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 6.59.10 AM.png
Use Coles' loyalty program, Flybuys, to earn points on purchases, which can then be redeemed for discounts and special offers. Credit: Facebook/Flybuys.

Aside from the store's raincheck policy, here are more ways to maximise your savings at Coles:

Take advantage of Coles' loyalty program, Flybuys.

Joining Coles' loyalty program, Flybuys, is a great way to save money when shopping at the supermarket. With Flybuys, you'll earn points for every purchase you make, whether it's groceries, liquor, or petrol. These points can then be redeemed for a variety of rewards, such as discounts on your shopping, free products, and exclusive offers.

Flybuys also offers regular bonus point promotions where customers can earn extra points on specific items or categories of products. So, it's always a good idea to check the Flybuys website or app before you shop to see what promotions are currently available.

Consider checking out Coles' online store for delivery options.

Shopping at Coles' online store allows you to easily compare prices and take advantage of online-exclusive deals and promotions. By opting for delivery, you can also save time and avoid the hassle of navigating busy supermarket aisles and long checkout lines.

By conveniently shopping from the comfort of your own home, you can save not only money on delivery fees but also gas and parking costs.

This way, you can also avoid impulse purchases, as you'll have more time to consider each item in your cart before checkout.

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 6.59.01 AM.png
Keep an eye out for special promotions and sales, as Coles regularly offers discounts on selected items. Credit: Twitter/Coles.

Buy in bulk to save on the unit price.

Buying in bulk can be a great way to save money, but it's important to only buy what you will actually use.

Buying large quantities of items at a discount can seem like a good deal, but if the food ends up going bad before you can use it, you'll end up wasting both money and resources. Make sure to consider your own usage patterns, and plan accordingly, to make the most of bulk purchases.

To avoid food waste, keep track of what you have on hand, use leftovers creatively, and only buy what you need for the week or month. By doing so, you'll save money and reduce waste at the same time!

What do you think, members? Have you been taking advantage of the raincheck feature at Coles? Or is it a feature you've never tried before? We want to hear from you in the comments!

Let's spread the word and help our friends and family save big on their groceries too. Share this article and let's get the conversation started. Happy bargain hunting, everyone!

Sponsored
I used the rain check several times before Christmas to buy my mixed dried fruit for the 90 puddings I made. I could get 12 packets on each rain check. I ended up getting all the fruit at a saving of around $3 per packet doing this. Saved $135 on the 45 1kg packets I needed. Was great.

Have you ever been on the hunt for the ultimate bargain and found yourself heartbroken when all the sale items you wanted were nowhere to be found?

Don't worry, you're not alone! We've all been there, maybe even more times than we'd like to admit…

But did you know that as a Coles shopper, you have a secret weapon in your arsenal to snag massive discounts on those sold-out sale items?

Australian investing expert Queenie Tan just spilled the beans on this little-known money-saving trick in a recent interview. It's called a 'raincheck', and it's your ticket to unbeatable deals!

The next time you're at Coles and find that the sale items you want is sold out, don't give up hope just yet. Ask for a raincheck and watch your savings soar.

View attachment 12946
The raincheck policy guarantees customers a discounted item for a whole month after the date of issue if the item is temporarily unavailable. Credit: Facebook.

Here's how it works:

If you're a Coles shopper and you stumbled upon a bargain, only to find out that the item you had your eye on is completely sold out, don't worry! All you have to do is ask the friendly staff for a raincheck.

With a raincheck, the store will write down the item you wanted to buy and the sale price on a little slip of paper. Then, when the item is back in stock, you can return to the store and purchase it at the discounted price.

The best part? A Coles raincheck guarantees the sale price for 30 days after the date of issue, so you have plenty of time to snag your bargain!

However, there's a catch.

Depending on the item, there may be a maximum amount you can claim with a raincheck. Some items have a cap of three, while others may be capped at six.

But don't let that discourage you from taking advantage of this shopping hack - it's still a great way to score a discount on those sold-out sale items.

The news of this hack has shocked many people, some of whom had heard of the term 'raincheck' before but never knew what it meant.

'This is the first time I've actually been taught what a raincheck is,' one person wrote in a comment, with another chiming in and saying, 'Now I know what I have to do next time. Thanks for the tip!'
Key Takeaways

• Coles' raincheck program allows shoppers access to sale items long after they have returned to full price.
  • If you're a Coles shopper who found a great deal but the item you wanted is sold out, just ask for a raincheck.
  • When you ask for a raincheck, the staff will write you a paper coupon that you can use to buy the item at a reduced price on your next visit.
It's worth noting that both Woolworths and Coles suspended their raincheck policy during the pandemic.

Woolies stopped issuing 'rainchecks' during the height of COVID-19 in 2020 because of supply chain issues. There were also rumours that people were misusing the raincheck feature to buy loads of discounted items only to be resold at a higher price.

No one expected Woolies to stop issuing them for good. Needless to say, plenty of shoppers were shocked and disappointed.

Well, thank goodness Coles brought back the raincheck feature, giving shoppers the chance to score some sweet deals on sold-out sale items once again. Let's hope this handy hack spreads to even more supermarkets and retailers nationwide!

View attachment 12947
Use Coles' loyalty program, Flybuys, to earn points on purchases, which can then be redeemed for discounts and special offers. Credit: Facebook/Flybuys.

Aside from the store's raincheck policy, here are more ways to maximise your savings at Coles:

Take advantage of Coles' loyalty program, Flybuys.

Joining Coles' loyalty program, Flybuys, is a great way to save money when shopping at the supermarket. With Flybuys, you'll earn points for every purchase you make, whether it's groceries, liquor, or petrol. These points can then be redeemed for a variety of rewards, such as discounts on your shopping, free products, and exclusive offers.

Flybuys also offers regular bonus point promotions where customers can earn extra points on specific items or categories of products. So, it's always a good idea to check the Flybuys website or app before you shop to see what promotions are currently available.

Consider checking out Coles' online store for delivery options.

Shopping at Coles' online store allows you to easily compare prices and take advantage of online-exclusive deals and promotions. By opting for delivery, you can also save time and avoid the hassle of navigating busy supermarket aisles and long checkout lines.

By conveniently shopping from the comfort of your own home, you can save not only money on delivery fees but also gas and parking costs.

This way, you can also avoid impulse purchases, as you'll have more time to consider each item in your cart before checkout.

View attachment 12948
Keep an eye out for special promotions and sales, as Coles regularly offers discounts on selected items. Credit: Twitter/Coles.

Buy in bulk to save on the unit price.

Buying in bulk can be a great way to save money, but it's important to only buy what you will actually use.

Buying large quantities of items at a discount can seem like a good deal, but if the food ends up going bad before you can use it, you'll end up wasting both money and resources. Make sure to consider your own usage patterns, and plan accordingly, to make the most of bulk purchases.

To avoid food waste, keep track of what you have on hand, use leftovers creatively, and only buy what you need for the week or month. By doing so, you'll save money and reduce waste at the same time!

What do you think, members? Have you been taking advantage of the raincheck feature at Coles? Or is it a feature you've never tried before? We want to hear from you in the comments!

Let's spread the word and help our friends and family save big on their groceries too. Share this article and let's get the conversation started. Happy bargain hunting, everyone!

My rain check expired as the GF item I wanted has not come back into stock 😡

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci
My husband was the biggest fan of rainchecks. If we went in for a certain special and it was out of stock, straight to the service desk he went .
There were never limits on the ammount you asked for.
The best one we got years ago were leg of lambs half price 🤩 the best you get now is $2 off

Reactions: RTS
Do people really think most of us live under a rock? For goodness sake this has been around forever. And Woolies do it too. Their system is generated at the register and you get a printed raincheck. Coles is a handwritten one and is often "changed" by the person requesting it. There is a quantity restriction as it is not ok for a raincheck to clear out the shelves. It was paused during the covid climax as there were restrictions on most items, but I think it is back now. It is up to each store to decide.

Have Coles started letting us use rainchecks again? Every time I have asked for a raincheck I was told they no longer gave them, first due to covid and then, due to supply chain problems.

A while ago our local Coles and Woolies stopped issuing rainchecks. I will have to check with our local ones if they have started it again. It was a very useful way of saving money for us. Primarily we bought non-perishable items, as it defeats the purpose if one has to throw out a few items bought on raincheck.

Well I have found out today that Woolworths no longer do RAINCHECKS which is so wrong, Coles do still do it so I might have to shop more often at Coles, Woolies very rarely have the things that are on sale anyway.

Rainchecks can only be used on items in the current catalogue.
If the store has something on special, you cannot get a rain check for it, if it is only at that store .