Coles just launched a HUGE gift card promotion – here's how you can save up to $93.50!

Everyone knows how expensive nearly everything is nowadays but our expenses only double as the holiday season creeps closer. There are tons of Christmas gifts to be bought, food to be prepared, and decorations to be hung – so it's no wonder we're always on the lookout for ways to save a few extra bucks here and there.

Luckily, Coles is at it again with another one of its popular gift card promotions sure to help ease the financial stress that comes with this time of year.

The retail giant is taking 10 per cent off selected Coles Mastercard Gift Cards for a limited time only. The gift cards can be used to pay for groceries, household bills, petrol, entertainment, and more!

Starting today (October 19) until October 25, shoppers can get their hands on a $100 or $250 gift card and receive 10 per cent off the total transaction, which includes an applicable purchase fee.

39358cf566d502189816004188a0ec4fddb2b9bb-161x229-x95y0w2835h4032.jpeg
‘Tis the season to be jolly! Source: 7News

This means that if you pick up a $250 Coles Mastercard Gift Card, which carries a $7 purchase fee, it’ll only set you back $231.30, leaving an extra $18.70 in your pocket.

On the other hand, a $100 Coles Mastercard Gift Card, with a purchase fee of $5 per card, will only cost $94.50 with the 10 per cent discount, which saves you $5.50.

There’s a limit of five gift cards per customer, so shoppers can save up to $93.50 by purchasing five $250 gift cards.

Coles claims that this is one of its most popular and biggest promotions to date.

‘We know this time of the year can be a challenging one for many Australians with heightened spending and ongoing cost of living pressures, so we’re always looking at ways we can help to make a difference to their weekly budget.’ Coles Executive General Manager for Packaged Groceries, Jonathan Torr, said.
Key Takeaways

• Coles has taken 10 per cent off their Coles Mastercard Gift cards
  • The promotion starts today (October 19) until October 25
  • There’s a limit of five gift cards per customer, which if purchased all together, can save shoppers a total of $93.50 (If you purchase the $250 gift card)
‘The best part about this promotion is that customers can use the Coles Mastercard gift card on a range of purchases, plus combine savings from other retailers and put more money back in their pockets.’

‘This is a great time to take advantage of the offer as we start to prepare for Christmas.’

What are your thoughts about Coles’ exciting promotion on gift cards? Will you be racing to your local store to get your hands on them? Let us know in the comments below.

Learn more about the promotion by watching the video below:

Source: 9 News Australia

Sponsored
Everyone knows how expensive nearly everything is nowadays but our expenses only double as the holiday season creeps closer. There are tons of Christmas gifts to be bought, food to be prepared, and decorations to be hung – so it's no wonder we're always on the lookout for ways to save a few extra bucks here and there.

Luckily, Coles is at it again with another one of its popular gift card promotions sure to help ease the financial stress that comes with this time of year.

The retail giant is taking 10 per cent off selected Coles Mastercard Gift Cards for a limited time only. The gift cards can be used to pay for groceries, household bills, petrol, entertainment, and more!

Starting today (October 19) until October 25, shoppers can get their hands on a $100 or $250 gift card and receive 10 per cent off the total transaction, which includes an applicable purchase fee.

View attachment 7435
‘Tis the season to be jolly! Source: 7News

This means that if you pick up a $250 Coles Mastercard Gift Card, which carries a $7 purchase fee, it’ll only set you back $231.30, leaving an extra $18.70 in your pocket.

On the other hand, a $100 Coles Mastercard Gift Card, with a purchase fee of $5 per card, will only cost $94.50 with the 10 per cent discount, which saves you $5.50.

There’s a limit of five gift cards per customer, so shoppers can save up to $93.50 by purchasing five $250 gift cards.

Coles claims that this is one of its most popular and biggest promotions to date.

‘We know this time of the year can be a challenging one for many Australians with heightened spending and ongoing cost of living pressures, so we’re always looking at ways we can help to make a difference to their weekly budget.’ Coles Executive General Manager for Packaged Groceries, Jonathan Torr, said.
Key Takeaways

• Coles has taken 10 per cent off their Coles Mastercard Gift cards
  • The promotion starts today (October 19) until October 25
  • There’s a limit of five gift cards per customer, which if purchased all together, can save shoppers a total of $93.50 (If you purchase the $250 gift card)
‘The best part about this promotion is that customers can use the Coles Mastercard gift card on a range of purchases, plus combine savings from other retailers and put more money back in their pockets.’

‘This is a great time to take advantage of the offer as we start to prepare for Christmas.’

What are your thoughts about Coles’ exciting promotion on gift cards? Will you be racing to your local store to get your hands on them? Let us know in the comments below.

Learn more about the promotion by watching the video below:

Source: 9 News Australia

Hi fellow SeniorClub members,
I have written my feedback via this newsletter about my traumatized experience with these discounted Giftcards. In short: It's COLES' SCAM trap time again. Coles launched the same promotion back in June 2022. I bought 4 of these gift cards wanting to save $70 something grocery. One of these card had been hacked somehow, the hacker spent $228 twelve days before the sealed card was actually opened at one of the supermarkets (back in Aug 2022). I reported immediately and the card was deactivated (no more access to the $22 balance). Customer services, Mastercard....pushed me from sections to sections and no one actually offered help. The last message I got from COLES was that there is a fine print that no one is responsible for any 'unauthorised transactions'. With ACCC's advice I wrote COLES a complaint letter - No response. Then I have to escalate the action to report to Fair Trading, now waiting for investigation.

your sum of savings doesn't quite add up

according to Coles brochures,

a $250 card, which carries a $7 purchase fee, (Total RRP $257) -10% $25.70 = $231.30 - a saving of $25.70 off RRP

A $100 card, which carries a $5 purchase fee, (Total RRP $105) -10% $10.50 = $94.50 - a saving of $10.50 off RRP

Coles also promote the 10% off from the Activation Fee. Is this Correct??

check out consumer feedback on this Card
Coles Gift Mastercard | ProductReview.com.au

Last edited:
Be very careful. Some of these Giftcards have been hacked before you open the sealed envelops....these cards have no PIN nor required activation. After reported and being pushed from different teams no one actually helped, just pointed me to the fine print that no one is responsible for any "unauthorised transactions '. I lost $250 to COLES via this trap.