Coles is making a big change to its Mastercard gift cards - and shoppers are going to love it!

Coles is offering a helping hand to Australians struggling with the cost of living crisis - and we're all for it!

The supermarket giant is giving customers 10 per cent off select Coles Mastercard gift cards, which can be used to help offset the cost of essentials like petrol and fresh produce.

From Wednesday, the supermarket is offering 10 per cent off the total transaction price for $100 and $250 gift cards. Just note that there is a purchase fee added on.

For example, a $250 Coles Mastercard gift card, with a $7 purchase fee, will cost you $231.30 – meaning a saving of $18.70 after accounting for fees. Not too shabby! Or, if you go for the $100 option, you'll get an extra $5.50 added to the card. So basically, you're saving no matter what!

It should be noted, however, that there is a limit of five gift cards per customer, meaning shoppers would save $93.50 if they were to purchase five $250 gift cards.

IMmLnaCCbjR2GX6pQXtxYdDvvpc7BQvXPG-w8yv3HGBbI3pm7DfvvJV9q2H1gjyiFmaw2GPKwUbT5hIIjDAdyqtNPKI20hxsmzdD8HkLPLwRcIxtvBN239bpOLQl4bXOlGPs2tXy5rFYRfIx

Coles is offering 10 per cent off select Mastercard gift cards, which can be used to help offset the cost of essentials like petrol and fresh produce. Credit: news.com.au.

It's a much-needed move at a time when many Australians are feeling the pinch, and we're sure Coles will be lauded for its efforts.

It was said that the majority of Coles customers — about 58 per cent — take advantage of the benefits of the gift cards on their weekly grocery shop, followed by utilities and service bills.

Coles non-food general manager Jonathan Torr noted that the retailer's initiative aims to provide aid to struggling Australians who are feeling the pressures of the rising cost of living.

“We understand many Australians are feeling the pinch with the rising cost of living pressures and we’re always looking at ways we can provide the very best value at Coles to help make a difference,” he quipped.

“The 10 per cent off selected Coles Mastercards will provide some temporary relief on everyday expenses, as the gift cards can be used on anything from the weekly shop to paying the household bills – it can even be used to maximise savings at other retailers during end-of-financial-year sales.”

6iwEPvjuIE6fTXYIZl4V1kfWLoq2uhdgG29P9ZBIpy64-Lfn_wlUTAQc75LPIM6C5Tk2ObGxgzj4mXtSy2iepfRA_ODanR_VyhyMwFp5kB_aKm3EUms20qMWPHpzSQihvgvumRLq50WwYAbS
kYbVSD2hbYS2r7uZHmSv8Z17ARR8VyAOAlxkL2aROe6DZDYcsHo9IupcStk36lkqgkwFeBflxE2ICay0e-uBWNPxYTB7TT6p0jCfBR58_B2DdZbDT_aBIIftclT4CACvHkhJZw-aoQJ73SAb

The offer runs from 15 June (Wednesday) to 21 June (Tuesday). Credit: news.com.au.

So if you're looking to ease the financial pressure this week, make sure you head to Coles and take advantage of this great offer!

We would like to reiterate that the offer will only be available until next Tuesday (June 21st) while stocks last at Coles supermarkets.

Additionally, we would like to share with you that Woolworths is also offering a similar scheme.

For a limited time, you can nab a Woolworths Supermarket Promotional eGift Card online and receive an additional 5 per cent face value on top of your base purchase amount.

That's right, an extra 5 per cent off your total purchase!

To take advantage of this offer, simply head over to Woolworths Giftcards page and purchase your eGift Card.

So, what are the benefits of the eGift Card if you may ask?

If you purchase a $200 Woolworths Supermarket Promotional eGift Card, you will receive a card with a total value of $210, with the $200 being the base purchase amount and the $10 being the additional 5% face value.

What a steal, right?

Woolworths’ promo will run from 14 June to 17 June or while stocks last.

Some shoppers are already poised to nab the Woolies giftcards using its competitors’ (Coles) Mastercard promo.

One customer wrote: “So I just need to see if the website accepts the $250 Coles Mastercard as a valid payment to get a better discount after it activates on Wednesday. The current plan is to get the 4 per cent discount with RACV.”

“I wonder what would be the total amount saved if using the Coles Mastercard when purchasing $100?” another asked.

However, some consumers who have previously tried the trick shared their insights, confirming that the process will cause a hassle to many of us.

One person shared: “I tried using my Coles Mastercard Gift Card not long ago; I was able to place an order and the money has been deducted from the card. However, my order status is stuck in In Progress and I have not received a tax invoice, which makes me think my order will be manually reviewed (and it is likely in that case that my order will be manually cancelled, because you're not supposed to use prepaid gift cards on this gift card portal).”

“Last time I tried with the old Coles mastercard, they don't work as a valid payment because they can't send a one-time pin to your mobile,” another confirmed.
So, there you have it, folks! While it may not be possible for you to snap up the discounts from one retailer to another, taking advantage of these programs will definitely allow you save a couple of bucks from your next grocery shop.

Are you looking forward to getting your hands on these gift cards? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
One person shared: “I tried using my Coles Mastercard Gift Card not long ago; I was able to place an order and the money has been deducted from the card. However, my order status is stuck in In Progress and I have not received a tax invoice, which makes me think my order will be manually reviewed (and it is likely in that case that my order will be manually cancelled, because you're not supposed to use prepaid gift cards on this gift card portal).”

This is one not so smart person.
If you are not supposed to use prepaid gift cards on this gift card portal, then WHY would you even try.....?, and being aware of the probability of your order being cancelled makes it worse.
I would be too embarrassed to show how stupid I was by posting that sort of crap.
Makes me wonder what keeps this persons ears apart......certainly not a brain..
Stupidity is not part of this persons makeup..... :confused:

This discount on Coles Mastercard gift cards is a great opportunity to save on everyday expenses. With the cost of living rising, every bit of savings counts. Whether you're stocking up on groceries, paying bills, or even using it for other retailers' sales, these gift cards offer versatility. It's commendable that Coles is providing relief to customers facing financial pressures. If you're planning to make multiple purchases, getting up to five cards per customer could really maximize your savings. By the way, did you know that you can buy visa gift card with Bitcoin? It's a convenient option if you're unsure about what to get.

Last edited: