Coles expands their allergen-free product range

During the recent months, Coles has seen a huge increase in demand for supermarket essentials such as meat products, toilet paper, and medicinal items like ibuprofen and paracetamol.

And now, the supermarket giant is reported to be announcing a six-figure investment in another food item that has been increasingly becoming more in-demand at the local groceries: allergen-free products.

MvLvebbpinZJ-MgVfqOcy7A7UB41-QoQ3zUgbvvnxEIMynmYTb_drHKEIloob27d-XNTWbfXx6yrT10nzPkYVUnAwiCkiaBBsmfZTOWRzFpiqtcsYohciaEQledSVUPxHppC8pLS

The I'm Free From brand is all about giving allergen sufferers the ability to choose delicious foods without compromise. Credit: Coles.

The Coles Nurture Fund has reportedly awarded $400,000 to Not A Trace, a Melbourne-based family business, to produce the store’s “I’m Free From” range.

Coles’ “I’m Free From” brand allows shoppers to choose from a wide variety of food items without worrying about compromising their health based on dietary and nutritional requirements.

The whole line includes snacks like chocolate mint crème biscuits, scotch fingers and choc chip cookies, that are not only delicious but are also: gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free, and wheat-free.

It was reported that in the last two years, the demand for Coles’ allergen-free range has grown by an astounding 75 per cent.

“We’ve seen an increasing demand for gluten-free crackers, bread and biscuits in the past few years, coupled with customers adopting gluten-free products as a source of healthy food and a rise in consumption by growing awareness of food allergies and intolerance,” Leanne White, Coles general manager for grocery, confirmed.

The “I’m Free From” range also received a tick of approval from celebrity chef Curtis Stone, who highlighted the importance of having allergen-free food options in every local supermarket.

Of course, he complimented the taste as well, saying: “The taste and quality of their range of Coles I’m Free From sweet snacks are second to none – the mint crème tastes just like a mint slice!”

xKjuBuX_pfV8X9yA6blStl5obxt7rcMmz0L6ytP07AGHW7int0Y1ErI0iPCergt-KClnFxFM-Mg0c7t3Q_CUaMrEAMpxgBce_6kf66zFjvo91H9zH6dj9rGF_qwnYFcx-BgSCz2I

There has been an increase in demand for allergen-free products. Credit: news.com.au.

It seems that more and more Aussies all over the country have been adopting a gluten-free diet, but what is it exactly?

A gluten-free diet is a food program that avoids foods that contain the protein gluten; some examples are wheat, rye and barley.

And even though most people can eat gluten without any adverse side effects, there are some who must avoid the ingredient, such as people with celiac disease (or gluten intolerance) and those who are suffering from wheat allergy and non-celiac gluten sensitivity.

In fact, one in 70 Australians is reported to be diagnosed with Celiac disease, that’s why it’s really important to have access to allergen-free and gluten-free food options at local supermarkets nationwide.

It is still the best course of action to check with your doctor if a diet is good for you, but if you’re unaware of whether you are gluten intolerant or not, here are some signs and symptoms that may help you identify. This is not to be considered as health advice, but more of a guideline. It is always worth visiting your doctor.

Credit: Healthline.

Sponsored
Oh no!!! I am Coeliac (UK spelling) and have been so happy that relatively few GF snacks are available as this means that I eat less! So how will I resist temptation now?

Also, the danger with everything-free goods is that they're usually loaded with sugar to make them palatable ... and this is BAD for you.

Sigh ...

Oh no!!! I am Coeliac (UK spelling) and have been so happy that relatively few GF snacks are available as this means that I eat less! So how will I resist temptation now?

Also, the danger with everything-free goods is that they're usually loaded with sugar to make them palatable ... and this is BAD for you.

Sigh ...
Yep I checked this out, LOADED with sugar. Put back on shelf.

Sigh ...

Reactions: KatKop