Coles bakery blunder leaves shopper furious: Find out what made her 'so angry'!

While many find the experience of grocery shopping therapeutic (nothing compares to the satisfaction of getting the exact brand of tea you love at a discounted price, right?), we do have to acknowledge that there are times when this weekly activity turns into a bit of an ordeal.

Take the recent case of a customer who had a bewildering encounter at a Coles bakery that soured an otherwise enjoyable day of shopping.

Dreaming of the sumptuous combination of beetroot hummus on toasted olive sourdough bread, Cat went about her weekly shop. She’d spotted a loaf of olive bread that she decided was just what she needed to satiate her pregnancy cravings.

But her expectations came crashing down when she discovered a surprising error. Upon closer examination, her carefully selected olive sourdough turned out to be—wait for it—raisin toast!

'Are you f***ing kidding me, Coles,' she vented online. 'You just p***ed off a pregnant person.'

photo (13) (1).jpg
Cat's video gained a lot of attention online. Image Credit: TikTok/catedmo

Can you imagine her disappointment? There was Cat, anticipating the wholesome goodness of olive bread, only to find sweet raisins lurking amongst her loaf. She cursed the mislabelled loaf for ruining her humble lunch plans.

In her viral video (which has over 400,000 views), Cat explained the infuriating error, showing off the bag from Coles Bakery with 'olive' written on the sticker.

Cat also shared that her craving for toast and hummus was one of the few healthy food cravings she’s had during her pregnancy (with her cravings mostly steering her towards chips and Vegemite shapes).

'Do you want to know what this is? It is raisin toast, Coles.' she fumed, holding up a slice of the bread.

Her unfortunate situation attracted an immediate chorus of sympathy and commiseration from the internet community, especially from other mums who can relate to cravings during pregnancy.

'This happened to me! Made a savoury pesto sandwich, took a bite straight into sultanas,' one woman recalled.

'I’m not even pregnant and I would have a meltdown over this,' said another.

In response to Cat’s video, one vigilant commenter clarified the mix-up: 'It's a fruit pana de casa just labelled wrong,' while another reasoned that 'Someone in Coles is packing them manually—it is human error, not a mass production problem.'

Coles has yet to comment on the incident.

You can watch the full video here. But be warned, there is a fair amount of swearing.

Key Takeaways
  • Cat Edmo, a pregnant woman, bought a loaf of olive bread from Coles, which turned out to be raisin toast.
  • The mislabeling caused her a significant amount of distress.
  • The video of her describing the incident has been viewed over 400,000 times.
  • A number of social media users were quick to empathise with Cat, with some attributing the error to a human mistake during packing.

Thankfully, mislabeled products like this one are rare occurrences. Members, if you ever buy something in-store and it looks or tastes a little off, contact customer service to ask for a refund or replacement product.

Have you ever experienced a mislabeled item at Coles Bakery or other stores? Let us know in the comments below—we would love to hear your story!

Sponsored
Does this woman suffer from common sense? Manually packed products occasionally get a misprinted label all she had to do was contact customer service and they would have refunded/replaced it...why do they do make a huge "look at moi!" Video or rant on social media?? Seriously..what would you have done 20 yrs ago when there was no social media? I guess she's never made a mistake???

I have always thought Cats were idiots (I'm a dog person.)
Has she nothing better to do.
Please SDC, stop giving idiots the exposure they thrive on.
I've certainly got better things to do with my time than read about idiots.
And also, a woman paid $336 for a chook? They live among us.

Last edited:

While many find the experience of grocery shopping therapeutic (nothing compares to the satisfaction of getting the exact brand of tea you love at a discounted price, right?), we do have to acknowledge that there are times when this weekly activity turns into a bit of an ordeal.

Take the recent case of a customer who had a bewildering encounter at a Coles bakery that soured an otherwise enjoyable day of shopping.

Dreaming of the sumptuous combination of beetroot hummus on toasted olive sourdough bread, Cat went about her weekly shop. She’d spotted a loaf of olive bread that she decided was just what she needed to satiate her pregnancy cravings.

But her expectations came crashing down when she discovered a surprising error. Upon closer examination, her carefully selected olive sourdough turned out to be—wait for it—raisin toast!

'Are you f***ing kidding me, Coles,' she vented online. 'You just p***ed off a pregnant person.'

View attachment 26497

Can you imagine her disappointment? There was Cat, anticipating the wholesome goodness of olive bread, only to find sweet raisins lurking amongst her loaf. She cursed the mislabelled loaf for ruining her humble lunch plans.

In her viral video (which has over 400,000 views), Cat explained the infuriating error, showing off the bag from Coles Bakery with 'olive' written on the sticker.

Cat also shared that her craving for toast and hummus was one of the few healthy food cravings she’s had during her pregnancy (with her cravings mostly steering her towards chips and Vegemite shapes).

'Do you want to know what this is? It is raisin toast, Coles.' she fumed, holding up a slice of the bread.

Her unfortunate situation attracted an immediate chorus of sympathy and commiseration from the internet community, especially from other mums who can relate to cravings during pregnancy.

'This happened to me! Made a savoury pesto sandwich, took a bite straight into sultanas,' one woman recalled.

In response to Cat’s video, one vigilant commenter clarified the mix-up: 'It's a fruit pana de casa just labelled wrong,' while another reasoned that 'Someone in Coles is packing them manually—it is human error, not a mass production problem.'

You can watch the full video here. But be warned, there is a fair amount of swearing.

Key Takeaways

• Cat Edmo, a pregnant woman, bought a loaf of olive bread from Coles, which turned out to be raisin toast.
  • A number of social media users were quick to empathise with Cat, with some attributing the error to a human mistake during packing.

Thankfully, mislabeled products like this one are rare occurrences. Members, if you ever buy something in-store and it looks or tastes a little off, contact customer service to ask for a refund or replacement product.

Have you ever experienced a mislabeled item at Coles Bakery or other stores? Let us know in the comments below—we would love to hear your story!
Although it was disappointing it is not a life threatening or life changing event. Have to wonder how a minor human error can become such a huge event. Pregnant or not get over it lol 😂

View attachment 26497

Key Takeaways

View attachment 26497

Key Takeaways

My God , if that is the worst thing that happened to you . and the language!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 26497

Key Takeaways

Baby brain🙀

i swear people like this making mountains out of molehills, then sites such as SDC giving this crap issue oxygen by making people with common sense having to discover what this "alarming issue" is. she needs to get over hserself. contact the store and they would be more than willing to resolve the issue. Goodwill means a lot to people who dont whinge on the trivial parts of life.

Does this woman suffer from common sense? Manually packed products occasionally get a misprinted label all she had to do was contact customer service and they would have refunded/replaced it...why do they do make a huge "look at moi!" Video or rant on social media?? Seriously..what would you have done 20 yrs ago when there was no social media? I guess she's never made a mistake???
Raisin toast is much nicer than Olive bread! ☺