Coca-Cola Australia ends production of popular iced coffee brand Barista Bros

For many of us, a day just doesn't have its wings without a cuppa. Be it a mug of tea to slowly get us going or a jolt of caffeine from our preferred bean, it's not morning until we've had it.

However, there's a shock for iced coffee enthusiasts.

You may have already noticed during your trips to the local supermarkets for your weekly grocery shopping that a beloved favourite has mysteriously disappeared from the cold drinks section.

If you take a closer look, you'll discover that it's none other than the trusty Barista Bros Iced Coffee that's gone missing. So, what's the story behind this sudden disappearance?

Screen Shot 2023-07-06 at 11.19.30 AM.png
The popular iced coffee brand has been quietly pulled from supermarket shelves nationwide. Credit: Facebook/Barista Bros.

A core product of Coca-Cola Australia, Barista Bros Iced Coffee has been silently pulled off supermarket and vending machine shelves across the country. The beverage giant stated that after 'careful consideration', they made the 'difficult decision' to halt production.

They said, 'We continuously review our product portfolio to ensure we're offering more of what people love.'

'The decision will allow us to continue to focus on our core portfolio of products and provide even more of what consumers enjoy.'

The products were offered in four delicious flavours—Espresso, Double Espresso, Mocha, and Iced Chocolate—and they could be found at popular retailers such as Woolworths, Coles, and IGA, as well as independent retail stores and vending machines, all across the country.

The farewell of Barista Bros does seem to tie in with another event. Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) issued a recall of the products earlier this year.

Mystery 'packaging failures' were cited, raising a potential contamination risk flag. FSANZ cautioned, 'Food products that have been spoiled may cause illness if consumed.'

Sharing the spotlight with the infamous recall, it's likely this hiccup played a role in the unfortunate farewell to Barista Bros from the company's beverage line-up.

While we're all feeling a little lost without our Barista Bros, there are plenty of other drinks to try. Have you ever taken a swig of Dare's Iced Coffee or Farmers Union's beloved brew? Both pack quite a punch and might just be your next go-to cold caffeine fix!

While we're at it, why not explore some healthier alternatives? The good news is that this situation might actually nudge us towards less sugary options that are better for our well-being.

As we say goodbye to the delightful range of Barista Bros flavours, remember that when one fridge door closes, another opens!

So, how about giving chai a try? While it contains less caffeine than a regular cup of black coffee, it still provides a nice pick-me-up. The flavour is a delightful mix of robust spices that will tantalise your taste buds, and adding milk gives it a creamy texture.

Key Takeaways

• Coca-Cola Australia has discontinued production of the popular iced coffee brand Barista Bros.
  • The brand, which had four flavours, was available at major supermarkets such as Woolworths, Coles, IGA, ALDI and in vending machines nationwide.
  • The decision to discontinue the brand was made after 'careful consideration', with the aim of focusing on Coca-Cola Australia's core product portfolio.
  • The production halt came in the same month the products were recalled by Food Standards Australia and New Zealand due to a 'packaging failure' that could potentially lead to a contamination risk.

Now then, members, we have to ask: are there any coffee brands that you just can't live without? Or perhaps you're itching to give some new ones a try? And for all you non-coffee enthusiasts out there, what are your morning must-haves? Drop us a line in the comments below, and let's get the conversation brewing!

Sponsored
For many of us, a day just doesn't have its wings without a cuppa. Be it a mug of tea to slowly get us going or a jolt of caffeine from our preferred bean, it's not morning until we've had it.

You may have already noticed during your trips to the local supermarkets for your weekly grocery shopping that a beloved favourite has mysteriously disappeared from the cold drinks section.

If you take a closer look, you'll discover that it's none other than the trusty Barista Bros Iced Coffee that's gone missing. So, what's the story behind this sudden disappearance?

View attachment 24444
The popular iced coffee brand has been quietly pulled from supermarket shelves nationwide. Credit: Facebook/Barista Bros.

A core product of Coca-Cola Australia, Barista Bros Iced Coffee has been silently pulled off supermarket and vending machine shelves across the country. The beverage giant stated that after 'careful consideration', they made the 'difficult decision' to halt production.

They said, 'We continuously review our product portfolio to ensure we're offering more of what people love.'

'The decision will allow us to continue to focus on our core portfolio of products and provide even more of what consumers enjoy.'

The products were offered in four delicious flavours—Espresso, Double Espresso, Mocha, and Iced Chocolate—and they could be found at popular retailers such as Woolworths, Coles, and IGA, as well as independent retail stores and vending machines, all across the country.

The farewell of Barista Bros does seem to tie in with another event. Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) issued a recall of the products earlier this year.

Mystery 'packaging failures' were cited, raising a potential contamination risk flag. FSANZ cautioned, 'Food products that have been spoiled may cause illness if consumed.'

Sharing the spotlight with the infamous recall, it's likely this hiccup played a role in the unfortunate farewell to Barista Bros from the company's beverage line-up.

While we're all feeling a little lost without our Barista Bros, there are plenty of other drinks to try. Have you ever taken a swig of Dare's Iced Coffee or Farmers Union's beloved brew? Both pack quite a punch and might just be your next go-to cold caffeine fix!

While we're at it, why not explore some healthier alternatives? The good news is that this situation might actually nudge us towards less sugary options that are better for our well-being.

As we say goodbye to the delightful range of Barista Bros flavours, remember that when one fridge door closes, another opens!

So, how about giving chai a try? While it contains less caffeine than a regular cup of black coffee, it still provides a nice pick-me-up. The flavour is a delightful mix of robust spices that will tantalise your taste buds, and adding milk gives it a creamy texture.

Key Takeaways

• Coca-Cola Australia has discontinued production of the popular iced coffee brand Barista Bros.
  • The brand, which had four flavours, was available at major supermarkets such as Woolworths, Coles, IGA, ALDI and in vending machines nationwide.
  • The decision to discontinue the brand was made after 'careful consideration', with the aim of focusing on Coca-Cola Australia's core product portfolio.
  • The production halt came in the same month the products were recalled by Food Standards Australia and New Zealand due to a 'packaging failure' that could potentially lead to a contamination risk.

Now then, members, we have to ask: are there any coffee brands that you just can't live without? Or perhaps you're itching to give some new ones a try? And for all you non-coffee enthusiasts out there, what are your morning must-haves? Drop us a line in the comments below, and let's get the conversation brewing!
Although I didn't dislike Barista, I much prefer Dare Double Espresso and they now have Triple Espresso.
As I live in the country, most of my trips are long ones. Always have some Dare on hand to keep me alert.
If I start feeling tired, I just pull over, walk around in the fresh air a bit, have a bottle of Dare and then head off again.
Works every time.

View attachment 24444

Key Takeaways

Yeah. One less manipulated food off the market 😋

My reward for the long drive to do the weekly shop, loved Barista Bros, better flavour iced coffee than most and all of the different types were sugar free, I did not realise they were a Coca Cola product. Have not been able to get it for a while now Dare Iced Coffee also have a no added sugar version so am now drinking that one.

good riddance another highly overpriced glass of milk off the market...equates to milk at $10 ltr

Although I didn't dislike Barista, I much prefer Dare Double Espresso and they now have Triple Espresso.
As I live in the country, most of my trips are long ones. Always have some Dare on hand to keep me alert.
If I start feeling tired, I just pull over, walk around in the fresh air a bit, have a bottle of Dare and then head off again.
Works every time.
Have you tried the Dare Intense Espresso? It has a red label. 4 "drops" on the bottle whereas Triple Espresso has 3. Very nice, quite strong. Wouldn't dare drink it in the evening, lol. Hard to find though. My fish and chip shop has it. Woolies advertises it but it's never on the shelf where I live.

Beloved??? Coffee??? Beloved?? are we talking about coffee or your family member or beloved pet - coffee??? please!

I don't drink Iced coffee, however, can sympathise with the fans.
My one indulgence every day is a Nespresso coffee. Don't need a chilled one when I can do a quick fresh version of the hot one on my own.

Fluerieu Milk in SA have a lactose free no added sugar iced coffee that is divine
Have never seen a lactose free iced coffee here in WA, if I had I would be drinking it, I have recently stopped drinking the brand of UHT milk I have been buying for a few years, it was lactose free skim milk, which I had thought was better for me, however the price for a one litre carton is now outrageous, more than 3 times the price for a standard 2 litre carton of ordinary milk. My purchase of Iced coffee was and still is a treat for when I am driving to and from the closest town to do the weekly shopping, it is not something that I buy to drink everyday.

View attachment 24444

Key Takeaways

I liked the Iced chocolate! Such a shame as it was very nice.

When my husband was in hospital last year I bought myself a present a super duper all singing and dancing coffee machine, you put the whole beans in the top, press the button and out comes freshly brewed coffee. He drank tea before he went into hospital, now I can't keep him away from it.

Reactions: Gaena