Cleaners are amazed by this Coles cleaning buy that can make scratched-up kitchen plates look as good as new - here's what you need to know!

At some point, we've experienced taking a look at our dinner plates and all we can see are the scratches that come with regular cutlery use.

This can be discouraging when you’ve just bought a new dinner set and it already seems to be suffering wear and tear. Or maybe you have some dinnerware that’s been in your family for generations — let's say, the fine china that only comes out on special occasions — and the scratches just don’t seem to be going away no matter how much you clean them.

When it comes to taking care of our dinnerware, we all want our plates, cups and cutlery to look their best. However, over time, it’s normal for our dishes to become scratched and marked from everyday use.

But the question is: Are those scratches going to stay there forever?

pexels-photo-1543443.jpeg

The scratches on our fine china could be discouraging to get rid of as they seem to be permanent marks. Credit: Pexels/Jean van der Meulen.

Well, worry not, folks! Fortunately, there’s a solution for this common household problem that doesn't break the bank.

Luckily, thanks to a new cleaning trick that has gone viral on social media, you can revive your tired, old ceramic plates in just minutes and make them look brand new again!

The popular item that many savvy cleaners claimed to work wonders on scratched-up kitchenware is The Pink Stuff — a budget-friendly cleaning product that is available at many popular retailers, including Coles, Bunnings and the Chemist Warehouse.

The $6.50 cleaning item has gained a cult following after many savvy cleaners swear by the product for their various cleaning needs, such as cleaning dirty stovetops and shower screens.

Now, a new video featuring the product has captured the attention of thousands of Aussies on social media, claiming to have the 'secret' hack to removing scratches on kitchen plates.

Sharing on TikTok, user TinkTokTink demonstrated how she managed to transform her ordinary ceramic plates with deep scratches and marks caused by knives and forks into looking brand-new again in just a few minutes.

In the video, the homeowner picks up the product with a scourer, and then gently rubs it over one of the plates. After a brief rinse under a running tap, the plate appears to be ‘brand new’ again and completely scratch-free!

The clip gained traction, leaving many users stunned by the simple method.

Several people even questioned whether the 'scratches' on the plate were even there to begin with as the transformation left them in awe.

'Wait, what? Those aren't scratches?' asked one person.

Others raved over the product, with many saying that they are excited to try the product themselves.

One user wrote: 'Doing this tonight, these scratches have always driven me mad!'

'Never seen something work so fast!' another added.

A third chimed in: 'Oh, I guess I didn’t need to just replace my dishes last week then!'

And another said: 'Damn. Just got rid of five plates with these "scratches".'

Key Takeaways
  • A new cleaning hack using The Pink Stuff is quickly gaining a reputation in Australia for making easy work of tough cleaning jobs.
  • A video shows how you can give scratched-up and tired old plates a new lease of life in just minutes using The Pink Stuff.
  • Many TikTok users were blown away by the simple technique, commenting that they were not even sure if the marks on the plates were scratches.
  • One person commented that they can now save money on replacing their dishes now that they know this cleaning hack.

So, before buying a whole new set of dinnerware, why not take a look around your house for some old plates that you thought were beyond saving? You may actually be surprised by what a little elbow grease and The Pink Stuff can do!

Members, have you tried this cleaning hack with your dishes or have any other tips to share about caring for your dinnerware? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
You can't clean scratches away, all you can do is hide them in one of two ways. You can fill them in with a suitable filler or you can buff them out. Buffing takes the surrounding material down to the level of the deepest scratch, so you are not cleaning the scratches away but taking the rest of the glaze off to match. :)

I've actually never seen scratches on my dinner plates they are white .

What I see in the video is more of a dirty plate not a scratched plate.

I follow the organised housewife on insta and she swears by this .

I haven't used it but I have been meaning to try it
She lives on the GC so I can pay and collect it. I have a few things from her, but I haven't bought the pink stuff from her.