Clean your oven with just ONE ingredient, no chemicals needed!

A pristine home doesn't mean compromising our well-being or harming the environment.

Here at the SDC, we understand that many of us worry about the harsh chemicals in conventional oven-cleaning products. That's why we were thrilled to come across a simple, chemical-free solution that works! It's hassle-free and, best of all, highly effective.

This amazing cleaning method has been making waves on social media, creating quite a buzz amongst those who prefer natural solutions. The best part is that you won't need to stock up on expensive and potentially dangerous chemical-laden products with strong smells.

All that's required is a single, simple ingredient that you probably already have in your home!

The genius behind this brilliant oven-cleaning technique is a content creator named Yagmur. In a viral video that now boasts over 1.5 million views, she demonstrates how to clean your oven to a sparkling finish with just one lemon.

'Viral quick oven cleaning trick with just one lemon,' Yagmur captioned the video, generating immense interest from online users seeking an eco-friendly and effective alternative to traditional cleaning methods.

Here's an easy-peasy guide to getting your oven squeaky clean with Yagmur's lemon trick. Follow these simple steps and enjoy a spotless oven in no time:

1. Start by grabbing a lemon and giving it a good ol' slice. Pop the lemon slices into a large ovenproof bowl filled with water.

2. Now, this is where the magic happens. Place the bowl inside your not-so-pristine oven, and fire it at 200 degrees Celsius.

3. Sit back and relax for about 20 minutes. Let the oven work its magic, melting away the grime.

4. After the time's up, switch off the oven and give the bowl a cool-down period of 10 minutes. This creates steam, which will loosen up that stubborn grime.

5. Time to get your hands a little dirty, but only for a short time! Grab a microfibre cloth and dip it into the lemony water. Gently wipe down the insides of your oven with this citrusy goodness.

Ta-da! Watch in awe as the grime and grease effortlessly lift away, revealing a shiny, like-new oven. So, go ahead and give Yagmur's lemon trick a whirl. Cleaning your oven has never been this easy or refreshing!

Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 5.43.35 PM.png
Cleaning your oven can be a breeze, and you only need one simple ingredient: a sliced lemon! Credit: Pexels/cottonbro studio.

Yagmur also mentioned that she plans to use this technique to clean her air fryer and microwave. However, one commenter warned against using this method for the air fryer, stating, 'Don't make water fly around your air fryer. It might get into some circuit and damage it or light it on fire.'

Many who have tried Yagmur's lemon-based oven-cleaning method expressed their amazement and gratitude in the comments of her video.

'Whaaattt? No way!' wrote one impressed viewer, while another exclaimed, 'Thank you! Trying it this week.'

Other commenters shared their own personalised twists and tips, such as adding cinnamon for an inviting aroma or allowing the lemon water to steam for 20 minutes to soften stubborn dirt.

Key Takeaways

• A viral oven cleaning method uses just one household, fume-free ingredient–a lemon.
  • The cleaning method involves placing a sliced lemon in a bowl of water, putting it in the oven, and then wiping it down the oven with the lemon water.
  • Yagmur, the content creator who shared the method, has received 1.5 million views on her video and many positive comments from users who have tried the trick.
  • Some commenters advised leaving the lemon water in the oven for 20 minutes to soften the dirt and adding cinnamon for a pleasant smell, while others warned against trying this method in an air fryer due to potential dangers.

Members, how about giving this oven-cleaning trick a whirl? Grab a lemon from your friendly neighbourhood supermarket, and you're good to go! And while we're at it, why not share your own nifty cleaning tips and tricks in the comments below? We can't wait to hear your brilliant ideas!

Sponsored
I came up with an even better idea 7 years ago.
We bought a self cleaning pyro oven. It's wonderful. The only thing I ever clean are the racks, and that's just a wipe over. I never use any form of cleaner of any kind. However, if you cook cleanly, sometimes there is no need to clean the oven at all.
My daughter in law cooks everything, except cakes and biscuits in oven bags. Works really well. I don't use them because I don't need to...why...because I have a self cleaning oven.
I use the lemon method to descale the kettle and clean the microwave. Whatever rows your boat.

A pristine home doesn't mean compromising our well-being or harming the environment.

Here at the SDC, we understand that many of us worry about the harsh chemicals in conventional oven-cleaning products. That's why we were thrilled to come across a simple, chemical-free solution that works! It's hassle-free and, best of all, highly effective.

This amazing cleaning method has been making waves on social media, creating quite a buzz amongst those who prefer natural solutions. The best part is that you won't need to stock up on expensive and potentially dangerous chemical-laden products with strong smells.

All that's required is a single, simple ingredient that you probably already have in your home!

The genius behind this brilliant oven-cleaning technique is a content creator named Yagmur. In a viral video that now boasts over 1.5 million views, she demonstrates how to clean your oven to a sparkling finish with just one lemon.

'Viral quick oven cleaning trick with just one lemon,' Yagmur captioned the video, generating immense interest from online users seeking an eco-friendly and effective alternative to traditional cleaning methods.

Here's an easy-peasy guide to getting your oven squeaky clean with Yagmur's lemon trick. Follow these simple steps and enjoy a spotless oven in no time:

1. Start by grabbing a lemon and giving it a good ol' slice. Pop the lemon slices into a large ovenproof bowl filled with water.

2. Now, this is where the magic happens. Place the bowl inside your not-so-pristine oven, and fire it at 200 degrees Celsius.

3. Sit back and relax for about 20 minutes. Let the oven work its magic, melting away the grime.

4. After the time's up, switch off the oven and give the bowl a cool-down period of 10 minutes. This creates steam, which will loosen up that stubborn grime.

5. Time to get your hands a little dirty, but only for a short time! Grab a microfibre cloth and dip it into the lemony water. Gently wipe down the insides of your oven with this citrusy goodness.

Ta-da! Watch in awe as the grime and grease effortlessly lift away, revealing a shiny, like-new oven. So, go ahead and give Yagmur's lemon trick a whirl. Cleaning your oven has never been this easy or refreshing!

View attachment 23608
Cleaning your oven can be a breeze, and you only need one simple ingredient: a sliced lemon! Credit: Pexels/cottonbro studio.

Yagmur also mentioned that she plans to use this technique to clean her air fryer and microwave. However, one commenter warned against using this method for the air fryer, stating, 'Don't make water fly around your air fryer. It might get into some circuit and damage it or light it on fire.'

Many who have tried Yagmur's lemon-based oven-cleaning method expressed their amazement and gratitude in the comments of her video.

'Whaaattt? No way!' wrote one impressed viewer, while another exclaimed, 'Thank you! Trying it this week.'

Other commenters shared their own personalised twists and tips, such as adding cinnamon for an inviting aroma or allowing the lemon water to steam for 20 minutes to soften stubborn dirt.

Key Takeaways

• A viral oven cleaning method uses just one household, fume-free ingredient–a lemon.
  • The cleaning method involves placing a sliced lemon in a bowl of water, putting it in the oven, and then wiping it down the oven with the lemon water.
  • Yagmur, the content creator who shared the method, has received 1.5 million views on her video and many positive comments from users who have tried the trick.
  • Some commenters advised leaving the lemon water in the oven for 20 minutes to soften the dirt and adding cinnamon for a pleasant smell, while others warned against trying this method in an air fryer due to potential dangers.

Members, how about giving this oven-cleaning trick a whirl? Grab a lemon from your friendly neighbourhood supermarket, and you're good to go! And while we're at it, why not share your own nifty cleaning tips and tricks in the comments below? We can't wait to hear your brilliant ideas!

Please share the oven cleaning video as its not working here

Another easy way, especially in rented properties, don't use the oven.
I have not used the stove or the oven in 7 years, or the dishwasher for that matter.

Reactions: MariaG
I have not used the stove or the oven in 7 years, or the dishwasher for that matter.
Actually, there is a trend coming through. A lot of people are getting into those air fryers. Too big for my bench, however, my niece does a lot of good cooking for her family and uses the air fryer 80% of the time.

Had air fryer for four years came very smelly and greasy, so tossed it. Gone back to oven enjoy it more.

Well I must admit I do use my oven a lot, but I never use the dishwasher.I have had a dishwasher in every home and always put one in every house we have flipped, I prefer to wash my dishes straight away.
People say you use less water in a dish washer, but my water usage on my bill is always somewhere between $50 and $70, seems hardly worth worrying about. There are 3 of us for showers and I have very big front and back gardens on my 1/4 acre property, so can't see that l would save much by using the dishwasher and then there's the power cost

Reactions: IAN3005