Clean your kitchen like a pro! Here’s how a professional cleaner transforms a kitchen in minutes

When it comes to household cleaning, kitchen cleaning requires a lot of effort and elbow grease. This is why a lot of homeowners hire professional cleaners to help them out. However, not everyone has the means to hire a professional.

Luckily, an expert has revealed the process – including some tips and tricks – she uses to clean her kitchen from start to finish.

If there’s one thing that everyone can agree on, it’s that achieving a spotless kitchen takes effort. After all, it’s one of the most-used spaces in any household because this is where we handle, prepare and cook all of our meals. So, exposure to dozens of spills, stains, and greasy residue is inevitable.

Not to mention the time it takes to fully organise and clean the space. Most of us are busy with other important matters, so we barely have enough time to give our kitchen the attention it needs.

To help everyone out, Kacie Stephens, the owner of the cleaning company The Big Clean Co, has detailed the steps she takes when completing a regular clean for a client.

kitchen1.jpg
Kacie Stephens revealed her secrets when cleaning her client’s kitchens. Credit: Pixabay/Pexels

Previously, Kacie declared that when cleaning your whole house, the kitchen should be the area people should start with because this leads to more efficient cleaning. Read Kacie’s reasons here.

Now, Kacie has shared her cleaning routine in a video she posted to popular social media platforms, Instagram and TikTok.

‘Regular kitchen clean – no deep cleaning, no internal appliances or cupboard. Just the kind of clean I could now do in my sleep. I am so accustomed to that routine,’ she captioned.

In the video, she demonstrated how to keep the space clean, thus making it look and feel good to use, and making it easier to deep clean later on.

First, she starts by putting away all the dishes, utensils, and anything that’s on top of the counters to ensure she’s cleaning even the small corners of the kitchen. She also encouraged her viewers not to do a lazy wipe in front of appliances, such as the toaster or microwave, because dirt, crumbs and dust will accumulate where you won’t be able to see it.

‘You’ve always got to get behind and under stuff,’ she reminded her viewers.

kitchen2.jpg
Kacie said that she knows this cleaning routine by heart. Credit: Rene Asmussen/Pexels

And then she gets everything off the stovetop and soaks it in the water while she cleans the rest of the space. Kacie shared that she starts with stove tops because they’re usually the dirtiest part of the kitchen.

Next, she used a soft, microfibre cloth that’s been soaked in soap and water to wipe the front of the kitchen cabinets, and splashbacks, removing oil, sauce, or other residues that stick to the surfaces.

‘Go from up high and then just move your way down,’ the cleaner said. In the clip, she showed how she’s wiping surfaces in a circular motion from top to bottom.

Kacie also wipes the window sills and the other side of the counter, going from top to bottom. This is important to remember because starting from the middle or the bottom means that any dirt, dust, and grime from higher up will cascade down again once you’ve finished cleaning.

Then, she turns her attention to the stovetop and gives it a ‘really good wipe down’ before polishing it. ‘If your stovetop is an induction plate, don’t be afraid to give it a good scrub too.

kitchen3.jpg
The professional cleaner always starts from the top to bottom when cleaning. Credit: thebigcleanco/TikTok

Finally, Kacie turns her attention to the sink.

‘Always leave that sink lucky last,’ she said before adding that to avoid the ‘brown staining’ we sometimes see in our sinks, she scrubs the sinks every two weeks. To scrub your sink, you can mix dishwashing detergent and some bicarb soda, and use a microfibre cloth before rinsing the sink.

‘And then, when I’m in a client’s house and want to leave that “wow” factor, I polish the sink with some baby oil,’ she stated.

You can watch Kacie’s video below:

Kacie’s cleaning tips come after her top five places people forget to clean in the kitchen. According to Kacie, the bin cupboard, light fittings, the spaces in between the oven glasses, kickboards, and the area around the dishwasher need more attention when you’re tidying up the kitchen. More details about how to clean these places can be read here.

There are a multitude of cleaning products available on the market today. It can be difficult to decipher which types of products you need for your particular job and which will give you the best results. With the cost-of-living crisis looming over everyone’s heads, no one wants to buy expensive products just to test which ones are the most effective.

But we have compiled a list of homemade cleaning solutions for you to try. Don’t worry, they’re cheap, all-natural, and no harsh chemicals guaranteed. You can read more about these cleaning recipes in this article.
Key Takeaways
  • Professional cleaner Kacie Stephens revealed her routine for regularly cleaning a client’s kitchen.
  • It is important to clean from the top to bottom always to avoid any dust or grime from higher up falling over the areas you’ve just cleaned.
  • For a 'wow factor', Stephens uses baby oil to polish the sink.
Members, what’s your favourite tidying routine for the kitchen? Will you be trying this routine? Let us know in the comments below and share your tips and tricks!

Sponsored
When it comes to household cleaning, kitchen cleaning requires a lot of effort and elbow grease. This is why a lot of homeowners hire professional cleaners to help them out. However, not everyone has the means to hire a professional.

Luckily, an expert has revealed the process – including some tips and tricks – she uses to clean her kitchen from start to finish.

If there’s one thing that everyone can agree on, it’s that achieving a spotless kitchen takes effort. After all, it’s one of the most-used spaces in any household because this is where we handle, prepare and cook all of our meals. So, exposure to dozens of spills, stains, and greasy residue is inevitable.

Not to mention the time it takes to fully organise and clean the space. Most of us are busy with other important matters, so we barely have enough time to give our kitchen the attention it needs.

To help everyone out, Kacie Stephens, the owner of the cleaning company The Big Clean Co, has detailed the steps she takes when completing a regular clean for a client.

View attachment 13725
Kacie Stephens revealed her secrets when cleaning her client’s kitchens. Credit: Pixabay/Pexels

Previously, Kacie declared that when cleaning your whole house, the kitchen should be the area people should start with because this leads to more efficient cleaning. Read Kacie’s reasons here.

Now, Kacie has shared her cleaning routine in a video she posted to popular social media platforms, Instagram and TikTok.

‘Regular kitchen clean – no deep cleaning, no internal appliances or cupboard. Just the kind of clean I could now do in my sleep. I am so accustomed to that routine,’ she captioned.

In the video, she demonstrated how to keep the space clean, thus making it look and feel good to use, and making it easier to deep clean later on.

First, she starts by putting away all the dishes, utensils, and anything that’s on top of the counters to ensure she’s cleaning even the small corners of the kitchen. She also encouraged her viewers not to do a lazy wipe in front of appliances, such as the toaster or microwave, because dirt, crumbs and dust will accumulate where you won’t be able to see it.

View attachment 13726
Kacie said that she knows this cleaning routine by heart. Credit: Rene Asmussen/Pexels

And then she gets everything off the stovetop and soaks it in the water while she cleans the rest of the space. Kacie shared that she starts with stove tops because they’re usually the dirtiest part of the kitchen.

Next, she used a soft, microfibre cloth that’s been soaked in soap and water to wipe the front of the kitchen cabinets, and splashbacks, removing oil, sauce, or other residues that stick to the surfaces.

‘Go from up high and then just move your way down,’ the cleaner said. In the clip, she showed how she’s wiping surfaces in a circular motion from top to bottom.

Kacie also wipes the window sills and the other side of the counter, going from top to bottom. This is important to remember because starting from the middle or the bottom means that any dirt, dust, and grime from higher up will cascade down again once you’ve finished cleaning.

Then, she turns her attention to the stovetop and gives it a ‘really good wipe down’ before polishing it. ‘If your stovetop is an induction plate, don’t be afraid to give it a good scrub too.

View attachment 13727
The professional cleaner always starts from the top to bottom when cleaning. Credit: thebigcleanco/TikTok

‘Always leave that sink lucky last,’ she said before adding that to avoid the ‘brown staining’ we sometimes see in our sinks, she scrubs the sinks every two weeks. To scrub your sink, you can mix dishwashing detergent and some bicarb soda, and use a microfibre cloth before rinsing the sink.

‘And then, when I’m in a client’s house and want to leave that “wow” factor, I polish the sink with some baby oil,’ she stated.

Kacie’s cleaning tips come after her top five places people forget to clean in the kitchen. According to Kacie, the bin cupboard, light fittings, the spaces in between the oven glasses, kickboards, and the area around the dishwasher need more attention when you’re tidying up the kitchen. More details about how to clean these places can be read here.

There are a multitude of cleaning products available on the market today. It can be difficult to decipher which types of products you need for your particular job and which will give you the best results. With the cost-of-living crisis looming over everyone’s heads, no one wants to buy expensive products just to test which ones are the most effective.

But we have compiled a list of homemade cleaning solutions for you to try. Don’t worry, they’re cheap, all-natural, and no harsh chemicals guaranteed. You can read more about these cleaning recipes in this article.
Key Takeaways

• Professional cleaner Kacie Stephens revealed her routine for regularly cleaning a client’s kitchen.
  • It is important to clean from the top to bottom always to avoid any dust or grime from higher up falling over the areas you’ve just cleaned.
Members, what’s your favourite tidying routine for the kitchen? Will you be trying this routine? Let us know in the comments below and share your tips and tricks!

My routine is exactly the same … always leave my clients home/ kitchen sparkling …

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci

View attachment 13725

View attachment 13726

View attachment 13727

Key Takeaways

Where is the list of home made cleaning solutions please?

I dont have a routine at home as I'm busy cleaning everyone else's work place, etc & rarely get more than 10 mins to do anything at my place! Legit!

With severe arthritis in both hands & shoulders, I find the cleaning is beyond me. And as a pensioner who has had assisted cleaning in the past, I must say that no one wants to do the necessary cleaning, especially in the kitchen. I, unfortunately, can't afford to have a professional come in to do it for me as an aged pensioner it is hard to keep things nice around the house.

• Sad
Reactions: Marj53 and TheBear
With severe arthritis in both hands & shoulders, I find the cleaning is beyond me. And as a pensioner who has had assisted cleaning in the past, I must say that no one wants to do the necessary cleaning, especially in the kitchen. I, unfortunately, can't afford to have a professional come in to do it for me as an aged pensioner it is hard to keep things nice around the house.
Have you applied for I think it ndsi my mother gets a cleaner in for 2 hours every week, and they clean whatever my mother wants done eg last week I told them to clean her kitchen top to bottom .

As you are a pensioner and also has arthritis you will be entitled to this. Mum also gets her lawn cut every 2 weeks and both of these cost her 0.

I'm happy to call around and get info for you

• Love
Reactions: Marj53 and TheBear
Suzanne- rose thank you for your reply. As I live in Brisbane it might be hard for you to pop around as I presume you live in Sydney? I don't seem to be disabled enough to get more assistance than I now do as I don't have a health care package for some reason. only assistance with incontinence.

Reactions: Marj53
Suzanne- rose thank you for your reply. As I live in Brisbane it might be hard for you to pop around as I presume you live in Sydney? I don't seem to be disabled enough to get more assistance than I now do as I don't have a health care package for some reason. only assistance with incontinence.
Keep asking them. You will end up getting it