Clean your house like a pro with this Aussie dad's BUDGET-FRIENDLY, 4-ingredient DIY cleaning spray!

Maintaining a clean and tidy home is a challenging task that requires a lot of effort and elbow grease.

Many housekeepers can attest to the frustration of spending a significant amount of time scrubbing and mopping, only to find dust and grime forming in another room.

Living in a dirty environment can also have a significant impact on one's perception of cleanliness. Over time, visible dirt and grime can make a home feel unsanitary and unhealthy.

Thankfully, an innovative dad has come up with a DIY cleaning solution that has made housekeeping a lot easier and quicker. This ingenious concoction has been a game-changer for many housekeepers who are looking to save time and effort.

pexels-photo-3867615.jpeg

The dad received praise for coming up with a budget-friendly DIY cleaning spray that can be used for multiple cleaning purposes. Credit: Facebook/Mums Who Clean.

Not only is this cleaning solution effective, but it is also budget-friendly and easy to make with ingredients that are likely already in your home!

Are you ready to find out how you can make this DIY cleaning solution yourself? Read on!

Sharing her husband’s unbelievable trick on the Mums Who Clean Facebook group, the proud wife wrote: 'I wanted to share my husband’s cleaning tips with all of you! He makes his own cleaning solution (see recipe below) and it delivers amazing results!’

‘Cleaning the bathroom mirrors, stone benches, bathroom sinks and taps - basically anything with this mixture in a spray bottle.'

The woman went on to praise her husband, saying: ‘Seriously, this man is amazing!’

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to create the dad’s DIY cleaning solution using an empty spray bottle and home essentials:

Step 1: Gather the Ingredients

To make the cleaning solution, you'll need the following ingredients:
Make sure you have all these ingredients handy before you begin.

The ingredients used for the DIY cleaning spray.jpg
The simple concoction is made by mixing white vinegar, dishwashing liquid, Finish Rinse Aid, and water. Credit: Seniors Discount Club.

Step 2: Combine the Ingredients in the Spray Bottle

Once you have all the ingredients, you can start mixing them in an empty spray bottle. Begin by adding white vinegar into the bottle, filling it halfway.

Next, add a good dash of Finish Rinse Aid to the vinegar in the bottle. Finish Rinse Aid is a product that helps remove stains and water spots, making it an excellent addition to any cleaning solution.

After adding the rinse aid, add five drops of dishwashing liquid to the mix. The dishwashing liquid helps break down dirt and grime, making it easier to clean surfaces.

Finally, fill the rest of the spray bottle with water, leaving some space at the top to allow for shaking the bottle before each use.

Step 3: Shake and Use
Once you've combined all the ingredients in the spray bottle, give it a good shake to mix everything together. Your cleaning solution is now ready to use.

The post has made the rounds on social media, capturing the attention of thousands of users raving about the cleaning tips and the amazing husband.

One user claimed: ‘I used it on the mirror and OMG no streaks, so easy to clean.’

‘Wow! Can’t wait to try this,’ another added.

A third chimed in: ‘What an awesome hubby you have.’

After receiving positive feedback from other members in her cleaning group, a mum generously shared some of her husband's cleaning tips, which include using citric acid to breathe new life into a dirty kettle.

Kettles are one of those household items that can easily accumulate grime and mineral buildup from daily use.

These stubborn stains not only look unsightly but can also affect the taste of your tea or coffee. That's where citric acid comes in handy.

‘Also, using citric acid inside the kettle - boil with water like normal then just rinse out a few times, comes out like new!’ the mum wrote.

What’s more, the tip can also be used to clean milk bottles.

The woman continued: ‘So my husband decided to use this method on our baby’s bottle steriliser machine - but again, sprinkle some citric acid and add some water and turn on like normal.’

Some users vouched for the trick, with one person writing: ‘Oh wow, thanks for sharing. I only did it once with my kettle and straight away it looks brand new! Should have taken a before photo.’

Key Takeaways

• An Aussie husband has gone viral for his four-ingredient DIY cleaning spray.
  • The mixture is made with water, vinegar, Finish Rinse Aid, and dishwashing liquid.
  • He has additional cleaning tricks which include using citric acid to clean dirty kettles and baby bottles.
  • Hundreds of Facebook users were blown away by the tips and praised the dad for his inventive tips.

So, there you have it, folks! As with all cleaning products, we recommend testing it first on a hidden section of the surface if possible to make sure it won’t cause any damage or discolouration.

Do you have other DIY cleaning solutions that you recommend? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can also use them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ricci and Liag
Sponsored
You tell us nearly every day about how to clean etc!!! Do you think we never do it!?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci
I'm liking all these DIY cleaners. They work out so much more economical than the stuff you buy plus you know what's in them. Win, win. :) 🙃 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Groovy
Maintaining a clean and tidy home is a challenging task that requires a lot of effort and elbow grease.

Many housekeepers can attest to the frustration of spending a significant amount of time scrubbing and mopping, only to find dust and grime forming in another room.

Living in a dirty environment can also have a significant impact on one's perception of cleanliness. Over time, visible dirt and grime can make a home feel unsanitary and unhealthy.

Thankfully, an innovative dad has come up with a DIY cleaning solution that has made housekeeping a lot easier and quicker. This ingenious concoction has been a game-changer for many housekeepers who are looking to save time and effort.

The dad received praise for coming up with a budget-friendly DIY cleaning spray that can be used for multiple cleaning purposes. Credit: Facebook/Mums Who Clean.

Not only is this cleaning solution effective, but it is also budget-friendly and easy to make with ingredients that are likely already in your home!

Are you ready to find out how you can make this DIY cleaning solution yourself? Read on!

Sharing her husband’s unbelievable trick on the Mums Who Clean Facebook group, the proud wife wrote: 'I wanted to share my husband’s cleaning tips with all of you! He makes his own cleaning solution (see recipe below) and it delivers amazing results!’

‘Cleaning the bathroom mirrors, stone benches, bathroom sinks and taps - basically anything with this mixture in a spray bottle.'

The woman went on to praise her husband, saying: ‘Seriously, this man is amazing!’

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to create the dad’s DIY cleaning solution using an empty spray bottle and home essentials:

View attachment 14405
The simple concoction is made by mixing white vinegar, dishwashing liquid, Finish Rinse Aid, and water. Credit: Seniors Discount Club.

Once you have all the ingredients, you can start mixing them in an empty spray bottle. Begin by adding white vinegar into the bottle, filling it halfway.

Next, add a good dash of Finish Rinse Aid to the vinegar in the bottle. Finish Rinse Aid is a product that helps remove stains and water spots, making it an excellent addition to any cleaning solution.

After adding the rinse aid, add five drops of dishwashing liquid to the mix. The dishwashing liquid helps break down dirt and grime, making it easier to clean surfaces.

Finally, fill the rest of the spray bottle with water, leaving some space at the top to allow for shaking the bottle before each use.

Once you've combined all the ingredients in the spray bottle, give it a good shake to mix everything together. Your cleaning solution is now ready to use.

The post has made the rounds on social media, capturing the attention of thousands of users raving about the cleaning tips and the amazing husband.

One user claimed: ‘I used it on the mirror and OMG no streaks, so easy to clean.’

After receiving positive feedback from other members in her cleaning group, a mum generously shared some of her husband's cleaning tips, which include using citric acid to breathe new life into a dirty kettle.

Kettles are one of those household items that can easily accumulate grime and mineral buildup from daily use.

These stubborn stains not only look unsightly but can also affect the taste of your tea or coffee. That's where citric acid comes in handy.

‘Also, using citric acid inside the kettle - boil with water like normal then just rinse out a few times, comes out like new!’ the mum wrote.

The woman continued: ‘So my husband decided to use this method on our baby’s bottle steriliser machine - but again, sprinkle some citric acid and add some water and turn on like normal.’

Some users vouched for the trick, with one person writing: ‘Oh wow, thanks for sharing. I only did it once with my kettle and straight away it looks brand new! Should have taken a before photo.’

Key Takeaways

• The mixture is made with water, vinegar, Finish Rinse Aid, and dishwashing liquid.
  • He has additional cleaning tricks which include using citric acid to clean dirty kettles and baby bottles.
  • Hundreds of Facebook users were blown away by the tips and praised the dad for his inventive tips.

So, there you have it, folks! As with all cleaning products, we recommend testing it first on a hidden section of the surface if possible to make sure it won’t cause any damage or discolouration.

Do you have other DIY cleaning solutions that you recommend? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can also use them!

Interesting. I’ll give it a try before I comment. We have “hard” water here, which is very frustrating!!

View attachment 14405

Key Takeaways

My mother always used vinegar in some water and then boiled it for several minutes to remove any stains that appeared in her electric jug.
I have "continued the tradition" and use it as well. Just need to rinse
it out when cleaning is finished.