Chobani Australia pulls the plug on popular dairy alternative

In a surprising move that has left many health-conscious and vegan consumers disappointed, Chobani Australia, a leading yogurt brand, has decided to discontinue one of its products.

The product was a popular dairy-free alternative to traditional yogurts.

The discontinuation was first noticed by eagle-eyed shoppers who found Chobani’s Oat Yogurt missing from their local supermarket shelves.

The company confirmed the discontinuation, stating, 'Like all of our Chobani products, our Oat Yogurt was delicious and nutritious, but unfortunately not one of our most popular.'

SDC Images (3).png
Chobani Australia has discontinued its Oat Yogurt product. Image source: Coles.

'We’re constantly challenging ourselves to innovate and create products that our fans love, so we have decided to delist oat yogurt from our range, paving the way for exciting new Chobani products.'

The product was available in a variety of flavours, including vanilla, mango, strawberry, and blueberry, and was sold at major supermarkets, including Woolworths and Coles.

The decision to discontinue the oat yogurt line has been met with disappointment from many consumers, particularly those who follow a vegan diet or are lactose intolerant.

Social media platforms have been flooded with messages from upset customers expressing their dismay.

'This is so sad. It's the only vegan yogurt I like,' one shopper lamented.

'I'm so disappointed,' another replied.

'I regularly bought them, and now there's nothing that really compares.'

The demand for dairy-free alternatives continues to grow in Australia, driven by increasing health consciousness, dietary restrictions, and ethical considerations.

Oat yogurt has been a go-to alternative for many health-conscious individuals, especially those who are often more mindful of their dietary choices.

This plant-based yogurt is not only dairy-free but also boasts a range of health benefits.

Oat yogurt is typically high in fibre and probiotics, which is essential for maintaining good digestive health. It also contains beta-glucans, a type of soluble fibre that can help lower cholesterol levels.

Moreover, oat yogurt is often fortified with additional nutrients such as calcium and vitamin D, which are crucial for bone health, particularly in older adults who are at a higher risk of osteoporosis.

The absence of lactose also makes it a suitable option for those with lactose intolerance, allowing them to enjoy the creamy texture of yogurt without the discomfort that dairy can cause.

While Chobani's Oat Yogurt may no longer be available, the health benefits of oat yogurt can still be found in other brands, such as Vitasoy and Yog’N Oats.
Key Takeaways
  • Chobani Australia has discontinued their Oat Yogurt product line.
  • The decision was made due to the product not being as popular as others in their range.
  • Disappointed consumers have expressed their dismay on social media, with some saying it was their preferred vegan yogurt option.
What are your thoughts on the discontinuation of Chobani's Oat Yogurt? Do you have a favourite dairy-free yogurt alternative? Share your thoughts and recommendations in the comments below.

Sponsored
That's the trouble with all these vegan types and vegan things, they whinge and carry on until they get what they want then nobody buys it anyway, so it all becomes wasted food and wasted time and wasted money. What does that do, push prices up.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
That's the trouble with all these vegan types and vegan things, they whinge and carry on until they get what they want then nobody buys it anyway, so it all becomes wasted food and wasted time and wasted money. What does that do, push prices up.
What's a vegan type or a vegan thing? My granddaughter is anaphylactic to dairy therefore these products allow her to be included in the eg Yoghurt food area. Not sure how it pushes other prices up as buying dairy free, vegan etc is super expensive as it is

Reactions: Jo Piper3
What's a vegan type or a vegan thing? My granddaughter is anaphylactic to dairy therefore these products allow her to be included in the eg Yoghurt food area. Not sure how it pushes other prices up as buying dairy free, vegan etc is super expensive as it is
Yes, I agree, I purchased 3 tubs yesterday as I am dairy intolerant, and my daughter is allergic to all dairy.
It is vegan suitable because it's made from Oat milk.

Reactions: Jena60
Many people use these products from necessity, like dairy intolerance and allergen to dairy. I purchased many of these products for aged care facilities during my career in aged care hospitality.
Dairy products make many people very sick, it's not all about complaining. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jena60
Sorry to see this go, being intolerant to dairy this was a product I could eat without discomfort and had lots of benefit. Hard to believe it didn’t sell enough.

Three if my grandkids are anaphylactic to dairy and my daughters tried thus ine which is quite new and they actually didn't like it.
I love all the normal chobani yoghurt

Reactions: Ezzy