Chicken Marsala Recipe

Chicken Marsala Recipe

shutterstock_1637758375_720.jpg

Credits: Shutterstock
Chicken Marsala is a classic dish that is rich, creamy, meaty, and irresistible. It's an Italian-style recipe with golden pan-fried chicken cutlets and mushrooms in a rich Marsala wine sauce! The wine from which it is named gives a deep, nutty, and slightly sweet flavour to the dish. Though it is a classic restaurant dish, it is very easy to make at home and can be completed in less than an hour! If you haven't tried this yet, you're in for a real treat.

So, without further ado, let's get cooking!

Ingredients

500g chicken breast, cut into large chunks
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Marsala sauce:

1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup light cream
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced

Instructions

1. In a large resealable bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, thyme, basil, and garlic powder. Add chicken slices, a few at a time, and shake to coat.

2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate, tent with foil to keep warm.

3. In the same pan, melt the butter and add the mushrooms, cook for two to three minutes. Finely chop the garlic cloves and add to the pan, cook until fragrant.

4. Add Marsala wine and chicken broth and simmer until reduced and starting to thicken.

5. Add the chicken back to the pan, stir in light cream and cook for two more minutes. The sauce will continue to thicken off the heat.

6. Serve over cooked pasta, rice, or with a side salad.

And there you have it! You now have a dish perfect for a weeknight dinner. I'm telling you, this recipe transforms common pantry ingredients into a show-stopping meal.

Let us know if you give this recipe a go!

Sponsored
I would like to try this recipe, is there some way I can print it? I tried to copy and paste it into a Word document, but it didn't work. Maybe I will just have to copy it by hand?

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: KatKop and Ricci
I would like to try this recipe, is there some way I can print it? I tried to copy and paste it into a Word document, but it didn't work. Maybe I will just have to copy it by hand?
I just hit "control P" on y laptop and it worked. Maybe you have to be logged in??

Reactions: Ricci