Chemist Warehouse employee reveals a $60 dupe for a $200 luxury product!

Ever wanted to own a luxury scent but can't justify the hefty price tag?

Here’s good news for you! According to a Chemist Warehouse insider, there's an inexpensive alternative that smells almost identical to a designer fragrance.

Jess, a retail manager at Chemist Warehouse, shared an insider tip that Chemist Warehouse’s $60 Armaf Club De Nuit Iconic is a great dupe for Chanel’s $200 Bleu De Chanel.

'You are going to want to get this dupe,' Jess said in a video she posted online.

'I’m coming in hot with a recommendation... The Club De Nuit Iconic smells almost identical to Bleu de Chanel.'

x1LaqwA4nAWcnij4uxnqfp8x-HZJv05Wd6d8GCOnjrxFLNbhXKFcItZUIYBHjayaY0ahmCZ82u2nUNA4qztcdGex2HVdLRByopP0HnHN-ecotjpU3tJRTTAhHRGdJCFj3arfOJJh4elBwY3-vryMk60

Club De Nuit Iconic, available at Chemist Warehouse, is said to be an identical dupe of Chanel’s Bleu de Chanel. Image source: Chemist Warehouse (left), ULTRA Beauty (right).

'You can see in the notes the only two that are missing are bergamot and aldehydes. Otherwise, it would be exactly the same as Bleu de Chanel.'

'We a love luxe for less.'

The worker noticed the dupe had 'fresh, citrus, woody notes', which is similar to Chanel’s version described as having an 'intensely masculine' scent.

'The notes are grapefruit, mint, lemon, pink pepper, coriander, ginger, melon, jasmine, nutmeg, sandalwood, amber, incense, woody, cedar, patchouli and labdanum,' she said.

'Run to Chemist Warehouse to get yours before these disappear too,' she added.

Many shoppers shared their love for the fragrance, with one saying: 'This smells amazing, I’m obsessed.'

'This men’s fragrance is great, smells very close to the original Bleu de Chanel, lasts quite long on my skin, and at a much more affordable price. Very happy with the purchase,' another replied.

And a third said: 'I bought two bottles. It’s better than Bleu de Chanel in terms of pricing and quality. Highly recommend!'

Her video has received 36,000 views, and the scent was reportedly selling out in stores.

'I have looked everywhere - there is no stock,' one shared.

While another added: 'Your post sold out the entire country.'

To which Jess replied: ‘Unfortunately, it went crazy and sold out everywhere—but stock is on its way and should be back in-store and online soon.'

You can watch Jess’s full video below:

Source: TikTok/@jessfromchemistwarehouse.

In similar news, Jess also revealed that Armaf Club De Nuit Untold fragrance is being touted as the 'closest dupe' of Maison Francis Kurkdjian’s Baccarat Rouge 540—a high-end fragrance that can cost between $214 to $729, depending on the size.

Jess believed the budget buy could be just as good as the Paris label. This is because both scents contain the same notes—including saffron, jasmine, amberwood, ambergris (musky scent), fir resin (green spicy wood) and cedar.

Jess’s video has been viewed more than 530,000 times, with many expressing their love for the dupe.

'I have both, and they smell pretty much identical,' one person affirmed.

You can watch Jess’s video below:

You can also read more about this story here.
Key Takeaways
  • A Chemist Warehouse employee has revealed a $59.99 fragrance is nearly identical to a luxury Chanel fragrance, which costs more than $200.
  • The employee, Jess, has been sharing 'dupes' of popular luxury fragrances on social media. Last month, she recommended an Armaf fragrance as a dupe for Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540.
  • Jess's recommendations have led to the fragrances selling out at Chemist Warehouse, though she assures customers that more stock is on the way.
  • Customers have praised the cheaper alternatives, stating the quality and scent is very similar to the more expensive originals.
Members, do you like perfumes? What’s your favourite scent? Share them with us in the comments below!

Attachments

• SDC Images (3).png
    SDC Images (3).png
    614 KB · Views: 0
Sponsored
I haven't used perfume for 11 years as I prefer to use 100% Essential Oils as there are ingredients in perfume's that cause problems with your hormones and can cause other problems. If/when I come into contact with people with perfume or men's cologne etc I can taste it and usually get a headache. Can't even go down the laundry aisle in a supermarket without holding my breath and rushing down to pick up the 1 item I need.

Reactions: cheza1603

Here’s good news for you! According to a Chemist Warehouse insider, there's an inexpensive alternative that smells almost identical to a designer fragrance.

Jess, a retail manager at Chemist Warehouse, shared an insider tip that Chemist Warehouse’s $60 Armaf Club De Nuit Iconic is a great dupe for Chanel’s $200 Bleu De Chanel.

'You are going to want to get this dupe,' Jess said in a video she posted online.

'I’m coming in hot with a recommendation... The Club De Nuit Iconic smells almost identical to Bleu de Chanel.'

x1LaqwA4nAWcnij4uxnqfp8x-HZJv05Wd6d8GCOnjrxFLNbhXKFcItZUIYBHjayaY0ahmCZ82u2nUNA4qztcdGex2HVdLRByopP0HnHN-ecotjpU3tJRTTAhHRGdJCFj3arfOJJh4elBwY3-vryMk60

Club De Nuit Iconic, available at Chemist Warehouse, is said to be an identical dupe of Chanel’s Bleu de Chanel. Image source: Chemist Warehouse (left), ULTRA Beauty (right).

'You can see in the notes the only two that are missing are bergamot and aldehydes. Otherwise, it would be exactly the same as Bleu de Chanel.'

The worker noticed the dupe had 'fresh, citrus, woody notes', which is similar to Chanel’s version described as having an 'intensely masculine' scent.

'The notes are grapefruit, mint, lemon, pink pepper, coriander, ginger, melon, jasmine, nutmeg, sandalwood, amber, incense, woody, cedar, patchouli and labdanum,' she said.

Many shoppers shared their love for the fragrance, with one saying: 'This smells amazing, I’m obsessed.'

'This men’s fragrance is great, smells very close to the original Bleu de Chanel, lasts quite long on my skin, and at a much more affordable price. Very happy with the purchase,' another replied.

And a third said: 'I bought two bottles. It’s better than Bleu de Chanel in terms of pricing and quality. Highly recommend!'

Her video has received 36,000 views, and the scent was reportedly selling out in stores.

To which Jess replied: ‘Unfortunately, it went crazy and sold out everywhere—but stock is on its way and should be back in-store and online soon.'

In similar news, Jess also revealed that Armaf Club De Nuit Untold fragrance is being touted as the 'closest dupe' of Maison Francis Kurkdjian’s Baccarat Rouge 540—a high-end fragrance that can cost between $214 to $729, depending on the size.

Jess believed the budget buy could be just as good as the Paris label. This is because both scents contain the same notes—including saffron, jasmine, amberwood, ambergris (musky scent), fir resin (green spicy wood) and cedar.

Jess’s video has been viewed more than 530,000 times, with many expressing their love for the dupe.

Key Takeaways

• A Chemist Warehouse employee has revealed a $59.99 fragrance is nearly identical to a luxury Chanel fragrance, which costs more than $200.
  • The employee, Jess, has been sharing 'dupes' of popular luxury fragrances on social media. Last month, she recommended an Armaf fragrance as a dupe for Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540.
  • Jess's recommendations have led to the fragrances selling out at Chemist Warehouse, though she assures customers that more stock is on the way.
  • Customers have praised the cheaper alternatives, stating the quality and scent is very similar to the more expensive originals.
Members, do you like perfumes? What’s your favourite scent? Share them with us in the comments belo

II wouldn't even pay that for perfume

Key Takeaways

Members, do you like perfumes? What’s your favourite scent? Share them with us in the comments below!

I loved and still love Arpege by Lanvin.
My mother and all my sister's loved it.Please don't buy it at chemist warehouse.I have done so on three occasions and it was rancid,really horrible everytime,and smelt different everytime.I even got a rash.Thus never happened when you could by it at David Jones for $130 ,back in the 80s and 90s.I don't think the perfumes are the same.Mayve they by bulk and get older perfumes from the suppliers overseas.Try buying in France from Lanvin directly.....heaven on earth.
You get what you pay for.

It's a bit like fakon, if you want something that 'tastes' or smell like the real thing, then buy the real thing.