Cheesy Chicken Pasta

Okay, the long Easter weekend’s over, and there’s a slight chance you might have some leftovers and you’re wondering what you can do with them.

Well, if it’s chook you have, here’s a classic comfort dish: Cheesy Chicken Pasta! This dish is a favourite amongst all age groups and is something everyone can enjoy.

Combining all of your favourite flavours — tender pieces of chicken, gooey cheese, a generous helping of pasta and a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan cheese — this creamy and delicious dish takes less than 45 minutes to put together. It will leave even the pickiest of eaters licking their plates for more!

Ready to get started? Here’s what’s needed to make this delicious dish:

Ingredients

150g elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons olive oil
300g chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cut into small pieces or leftovers
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
315 mL/1.3 cups of milk
¾ teaspoon dried mustard
75g mozzarella cheese, shredded
150g cheddar cheese, shredded
20g Parmesan cheese, grated

chicken-mac-and-cheese-1-15.jpg
Image Credit: Jo Cooks

Do you have everything needed? Okay, let’s go!

Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside. Optionally, you may rinse the pasta with cold water to keep it from sticking together but take care not to run it through too much water as it will take away the starch essential for sauces to cling to the pasta.

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until cooked through. If using leftovers, reheat them appropriately. Transfer to a plate after. If you’re uncomfortable even with the olive oil, feel free to drain the excess oil by laying some paper towels on the plate before transferring the chicken to drain the oil.

After setting the chicken aside, add the onions and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until cooked thoroughly. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic — season with salt and pepper to taste.

Next, sprinkle the flour over the onion mixture and stir. Cook for another minute. Add the milk and dried mustard. Add the mozzarella, and cheddar cheese and stir it in for a few minutes until it has melted. Watch the heat at this part!

Add the chicken and pasta to the skillet and stir everything together once the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve garnished with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and voila! You now have a nice cheesy pasta meal with some good ol’ chook.

Who said eating healthier had to be boring? This quick, easy cheesy chicken pasta dish will excite your taste buds and solve your leftover chook woes.

Members, how do you make your mac and cheese extra special? Do you have any tips on making the cheese creamier or additions to ramp up the meal? Let us know in the comments!

In the meantime, here’s a video of a similar recipe you can watch for added inspiration:

Source: YouTube/Cafe Delites

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiyon
Sponsored
Okay, the long Easter weekend’s over, and there’s a slight chance you might have some leftovers and you’re wondering what you can do with them.

Well, if it’s chook you have, here’s a classic comfort dish: Cheesy Chicken Pasta! This dish is a favourite amongst all age groups and is something everyone can enjoy.

Combining all of your favourite flavours — tender pieces of chicken, gooey cheese, a generous helping of pasta and a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan cheese — this creamy and delicious dish takes less than 45 minutes to put together. It will leave even the pickiest of eaters licking their plates for more!

Ready to get started? Here’s what’s needed to make this delicious dish:

Ingredients

150g elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons olive oil
300g chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cut into small pieces or leftovers
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
315 mL/1.3 cups of milk
¾ teaspoon dried mustard
75g mozzarella cheese, shredded
150g cheddar cheese, shredded
20g Parmesan cheese, grated

View attachment 17251
Image Credit: Jo Cooks

Do you have everything needed? Okay, let’s go!

Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside. Optionally, you may rinse the pasta with cold water to keep it from sticking together but take care not to run it through too much water as it will take away the starch essential for sauces to cling to the pasta.

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until cooked through. If using leftovers, reheat them appropriately. Transfer to a plate after. If you’re uncomfortable even with the olive oil, feel free to drain the excess oil by laying some paper towels on the plate before transferring the chicken to drain the oil.

After setting the chicken aside, add the onions and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until cooked thoroughly. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic — season with salt and pepper to taste.

Next, sprinkle the flour over the onion mixture and stir. Cook for another minute. Add the milk and dried mustard. Add the mozzarella, and cheddar cheese and stir it in for a few minutes until it has melted. Watch the heat at this part!

Add the chicken and pasta to the skillet and stir everything together once the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve garnished with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and voila! You now have a nice cheesy pasta meal with some good ol’ chook.

Who said eating healthier had to be boring? This quick, easy cheesy chicken pasta dish will excite your taste buds and solve your leftover chook woes.

Members, how do you make your mac and cheese extra special? Do you have any tips on making the cheese creamier or additions to ramp up the meal? Let us know in the comments!

In the meantime, here’s a video of a similar recipe you can watch for added inspiration:

Source: YouTube/Cafe Delites

We love Mac n cheese I cook my pasta in boiling water in a pan In a fry pan I cook onions,green and red pepper chopped bacon and mushrooms In a separate pan I make my cheese sauce with butter flour milk mustard and cheese Drain the pasta add the cheese sauce and the all the contents of the fry pan Stir transfer to a dish on top put cut up tomatoes Italian herbs more cheese and put under the grill Oh Yummy 😋

• Love
Reactions: Jarred Santos
We love Mac n cheese I cook my pasta in boiling water in a pan In a fry pan I cook onions,green and red pepper chopped bacon and mushrooms In a separate pan I make my cheese sauce with butter flour milk mustard and cheese Drain the pasta add the cheese sauce and the all the contents of the fry pan Stir transfer to a dish on top put cut up tomatoes Italian herbs more cheese and put under the grill Oh Yummy 😋
How can I save the recipes on my phone I have no idea how to do it Please help

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I never thought I'd come across a 'delicious' comment, but here you are coming up with one --- yum!!! Thank you, @Caravan2022!
How can I save the recipes on my phone I have no idea how to do it Please help
I'll message you shortly about this :D