I got scammed out of $900 a year ago with a text saying my daughter lost her phone and needed to pay an invoice urgently and asked if I would pay it for her. Said she was using this other phone and change her number from her original number. Sent me a copy of invoice and I paid. Next day she texted me and I replied with " see you found your phone" she replied mum I never lost it.got onto my bank and said I'd been scammed and said the money went into "this account". Bank checked and said money was gone. Didn't get it back as I was the one who transferred the money. Get a text or email saying daughter or son lost their phone IGNORE IT and check with the person in person

I got scammed out of $20,000 - I got an email offering good interest rate. I replied to Investorcentre.com.au for their Investor Centre product. NOw I can’t contact them. They don’t answer phone calls or Emails. All calls go to voicemail. I feel stupid and ripped off.
Investor Centre is an ASX listed company with some glaringly serious issues.

1. The share price has dropped from 33 cents in April 2024 to 4 cents in August 2024.
2. It has a productreview.com.au of 1.1 out of 5 stars.
3 Investor Centre does not have a physical address.

To be avoided at all costs!

People need to realise that Scamming and scammers is a major industry, they send out hundreds sometimes thousands of emails or text messagess in the hope of just getting one idiot to respond to them, emails from any address that you do not know or phone number not in your contacts need to be blocked and deleted straight away, do not answer just out of curiosity if you do the scammer will know that your email address or phone number is a valid one and will continue to try and get a response from you. Most of the time the emails or text messages are just sent randomly, they do not know who you are and do not care they just want to draw you into their carefully constructed scam. please be aware of the old addage that Ïf it sounds to good to be true" then it definitely is. These toe rags do not know about your personal circumstances and have no human feelings of decency, they will prey on anyone to achieve their aims, The other addage of "a fool being parted from their money" also comes to mind. The world that we live in is a sad and dangerous one, being naiive and trusting is no excuse for losing your hard earned, protect your self in every way that you can, stop and think before replying to anyone that you do not know, why would a stranger offer you money, would you do that?

I have received these messages and similair also. I keep on deleting them but they still keep coming from another source.
Same here Optius MyGov, various banks Tax office etc - as soon as I receive them they go straight into the banned numbers files. Never opened. They cannot even spell. Yesterday I got one from a convicted child rapist- something to do with banking - they must think I don't read or watch the news

This site has some scams to watch out for as well. Every day I get this Telstra offer and every day I send it to scamwatch. So hard to get rid of as well

Attachments

• IMG_7913.png
    IMG_7913.png
    235 KB · Views: 0