CHEAP and EASY recipe for homemade Sizzler's cheese toast!

In one of our recent articles, we discussed how some Coles and Woolworths shoppers raved about the 'perfect dupe' for the famous Sizzler cheese toast.

The La Famiglia Cheesy Pan Bread, which costs $6 for a packet, has a flavour and appearance that are also identical to the classic cheesy toast that we all know and love.

During their glory years in the 1990s, Sizzler family restaurants were a weekend tradition in the lives of many Aussie families – up to this day, many still fondly remember the cheese toast that was always a staple on the menu!

While some have given in to the temptation and bought the cheesy pan bread that almost every shopper seems to be raving about, others have pointed out a simple recipe that allows people to whip up their own version of Sizzler's cheese toast at home – without breaking the bank.

-J6VHVf0Gdu040vxF14Z-Y5mzIjwLr7B4dohTk-h_fY80dbj2t2x7kmBrM_Vv-9oopLrDnusDi1t9-_57QyE3uRoLakjZld81SD7zPGpL7QqJdY_vt_pP9p9iWcl28BPYFS77xYhht66Pktveo-TxuUxjYh93I85i8wIceNu87pZgJaiB3asBFFAnw

Sizzler's cheese toast was an instant hit, and people couldn't get enough of it. Credit: Facebook.

Sherrie, an avid home cook, recently posted her version of the classic Sizzler cheese toast dish on a Facebook page, where it quickly caught the attention of several group members who claimed that her recipe is much better (and cost-effective) than the 'perfect dupe' everyone was raving about.

Considering that a package of La Famiglia Cheesy Pan Bread costs $6 for six slices, Sherrie's homemade version, made with butter and parmesan, is a much better deal.

Here's the recipe for Sherrie's homemade version of Sizzler's famous cheese toast:

Ingredients:
  • Loaf of thick-sliced toast bread
  • 125g of butter (at room temperature) or margarine
  • 125g can of Kraft Parmesan Cheese
Method:
  1. Make a paste by mixing softened butter/margarine and grated parmesan cheese.
  2. On one side of the bread, generously spread the paste mixture with a knife.
  3. Place the bread in a pan, paste side down, and cook it over medium heat, covered with a lid or flat plate.
  4. Make sure you cook it until it's golden brown before serving. The warmer, the better!
Nd6yOdkMC5CaqYElorMSfAFpjeJfQkI-T-PXuiavnkUS3NYMvr8F9f8W6JO8mheg-BD6mFDl6tLodwcfagcd9SfvIjpJbLMG1v07rTZpkoOz5uvxgaAIGJXboGUAPrMLeZUi6y5_d2ctEk2sKhlUDg8RVZjDUViWCyrthM6Z2GQHMWNe3-8TigYNsA

You can make the popular Sizzler snack at home for a fraction of the price if you follow Sherrie's simple recipe. Credit: Concrete Playground.

For just $7, shoppers can get all three ingredients, including a full loaf of bread, at Woolworths or Coles, and these will be more than enough to make Sherrie's version of the Sizzler favourite for up to four people.

Compare this to the store-bought option, which costs $1 per slice, and you'll see that each serving will only set you back 29 cents. That's a pretty good deal!

Of course, everyone knows that nothing really compares to Sizzler's original recipe, which remained secret until 2020, when the restaurant chain, at last, made public its prized cheese toast formula.

And to everyone's surprise, it turns out that it's not quite as complicated as they had thought it would be!

l9SWQM0LBFOfKzUmeSJQX9RZ1YAR8r8VPkxxSeecIkexeARC7ESu55bGxu76vU-kuG38z6YmhwRjoBW_5CQDQO7qO9-MHJy7b6RGn8vsuEOA_-179WjQWa1PuCXV0ds_u3Xb5oTyTsabqtxioeVIvUuJF37rpm11pFTcK9yIEAX7-UWsbXk743JzQA

Nothing beats Sizzler's original cheese toast recipe. Credit: RegionalQueenslander via Wikimedia Commons.

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Thick-sliced white bread
  • Pecorino cheese
  • Margarine
Method:
  1. Make a paste by mixing equal parts of margarine and grated pecorino cheese.
  2. Coat one side of the bread with the mixture.
  3. Cook it in your frying pan for about a minute on low to medium heat.
  4. It's done cooking when it reaches a golden brown colour. Dish it up, then dig in!

While the original recipe sounds like an amazing arvo snack, pecorino cheese can be pretty pricey in supermarkets, so we might have to resort to Sherrie's homemade version if we're making a big batch.

But if it's just us at home, why not splurge from time to time, right? See you in supermarkets, folks!

Sponsored
There used to be Sumo Salad in our local supermarket food courts, they have gone by the way for awfully unhealthy food. I agree bring back Sizzler or the equivalent for some decent food.

Reactions: Ezzy, RTS and Ricci
In one of our recent articles, we discussed how some Coles and Woolworths shoppers raved about the 'perfect dupe' for the famous Sizzler cheese toast.

The La Famiglia Cheesy Pan Bread, which costs $6 for a packet, has a flavour and appearance that are also identical to the classic cheesy toast that we all know and love.

During their glory years in the 1990s, Sizzler family restaurants were a weekend tradition in the lives of many Aussie families – up to this day, many still fondly remember the cheese toast that was always a staple on the menu!

While some have given in to the temptation and bought the cheesy pan bread that almost every shopper seems to be raving about, others have pointed out a simple recipe that allows people to whip up their own version of Sizzler's cheese toast at home – without breaking the bank.

-J6VHVf0Gdu040vxF14Z-Y5mzIjwLr7B4dohTk-h_fY80dbj2t2x7kmBrM_Vv-9oopLrDnusDi1t9-_57QyE3uRoLakjZld81SD7zPGpL7QqJdY_vt_pP9p9iWcl28BPYFS77xYhht66Pktveo-TxuUxjYh93I85i8wIceNu87pZgJaiB3asBFFAnw

Sizzler's cheese toast was an instant hit, and people couldn't get enough of it. Credit: Facebook.

Sherrie, an avid home cook, recently posted her version of the classic Sizzler cheese toast dish on a Facebook page, where it quickly caught the attention of several group members who claimed that her recipe is much better (and cost-effective) than the 'perfect dupe' everyone was raving about.

Considering that a package of La Famiglia Cheesy Pan Bread costs $6 for six slices, Sherrie's homemade version, made with butter and parmesan, is a much better deal.

Here's the recipe for Sherrie's homemade version of Sizzler's famous cheese toast:

Ingredients:
Method:
  3. Place the bread in a pan, paste side down, and cook it over medium heat, covered with a lid or flat plate.
  4. Make sure you cook it until it's golden brown before serving. The warmer, the better!
Nd6yOdkMC5CaqYElorMSfAFpjeJfQkI-T-PXuiavnkUS3NYMvr8F9f8W6JO8mheg-BD6mFDl6tLodwcfagcd9SfvIjpJbLMG1v07rTZpkoOz5uvxgaAIGJXboGUAPrMLeZUi6y5_d2ctEk2sKhlUDg8RVZjDUViWCyrthM6Z2GQHMWNe3-8TigYNsA

You can make the popular Sizzler snack at home for a fraction of the price if you follow Sherrie's simple recipe. Credit: Concrete Playground.

For just $7, shoppers can get all three ingredients, including a full loaf of bread, at Woolworths or Coles, and these will be more than enough to make Sherrie's version of the Sizzler favourite for up to four people.

Compare this to the store-bought option, which costs $1 per slice, and you'll see that each serving will only set you back 29 cents. That's a pretty good deal!

Of course, everyone knows that nothing really compares to Sizzler's original recipe, which remained secret until 2020, when the restaurant chain, at last, made public its prized cheese toast formula.

And to everyone's surprise, it turns out that it's not quite as complicated as they had thought it would be!

l9SWQM0LBFOfKzUmeSJQX9RZ1YAR8r8VPkxxSeecIkexeARC7ESu55bGxu76vU-kuG38z6YmhwRjoBW_5CQDQO7qO9-MHJy7b6RGn8vsuEOA_-179WjQWa1PuCXV0ds_u3Xb5oTyTsabqtxioeVIvUuJF37rpm11pFTcK9yIEAX7-UWsbXk743JzQA

Nothing beats Sizzler's original cheese toast recipe. Credit: RegionalQueenslander via Wikimedia Commons.

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Pecorino cheese
  • Margarine
Method:
  4. It's done cooking when it reaches a golden brown colour. Dish it up, then dig in!

While the original recipe sounds like an amazing arvo snack, pecorino cheese can be pretty pricey in supermarkets, so we might have to resort to Sherrie's homemade version if we're making a big batch.

But if it's just us at home, why not splurge from time to time, right? See you in supermarkets, folks!
Sound bloody nice But I for one will not now or ever put poison on or in anything ever again... I am referring to the use of Margarine, Hell even the ants wont touch it... DO any of you realise that it was originally made to feed Turkeys but even they were smart enough not to eat it..... in some US states it is even coloured RED to simulate danger... change ONE molecule and you get paint or tarseal and people eat it ???? Butter is the healthier option unless you are allergic to Diary then you might use Lard

Ingredients:
Method:

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Pecorino cheese
  • Margarine
Method:

Yum! I can’t wait to give this a go! It fills my little taste buds with joy that Sizzler’s finally divulged their recipe for this tasty delight. 😋🤤😁👍👍👍

Ingredients:
Method:

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Pecorino cheese
  • Margarine
Method:

Oh no! I have been buying the La Famiglia cheesy toast for ages and it will probably sell out on me now :(

Bring back Sizzler, or a 2020's version of it I say. It was a reasonably priced family restaurant with healthier options and I can't think of anything even remotely similar available these days.:(
Unfortunately, since Covid, I don't think we will see many Buffet/All You Can Eat restaurants opening up.
I for one wouldn't trust people not to cough or sneeze over the food. I know that at Sizzler, they did have plastic food guards above the serving areas, but people, children, did put their heads under them to reach the back. My Son's first job was at Sizzler. Oh, my Husband just loved picking him up in the middle of the night after working a late shift. Lucky me, I don't drive.

Sound bloody nice But I for one will not now or ever put poison on or in anything ever again... I am referring to the use of Margarine, Hell even the ants wont touch it... DO any of you realise that it was originally made to feed Turkeys but even they were smart enough not to eat it..... in some US states it is even coloured RED to simulate danger... change ONE molecule and you get paint or tarseal and people eat it ???? Butter is the healthier option unless you are allergic to Diary then you might use Lard
Great choice, marg is not allowed in my house and my son will not either, butter all the way.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci

Ingredients:
Method:

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Pecorino cheese
  • Margarine
Method:

I have been looking for The La Famiglia Cheesy Pan Bread for a few days now in Coles and Woolworths, but in vain. Can somebody tell me where it’s available? Thanks.

Reactions: Ricci
I'm always on the lookout for easy and cheap recipes. I recently came across this forum post about homemade Sizzler's cheese toast, and I have to say, I'm intrigued! I've never been to a Sizzler's restaurant before, but from what I've heard, their cheese toast is a fan favorite. I appreciate the suggestion of using La Famiglia Cheesy Pan Bread, but I'm also interested in trying the homemade version. It's always satisfying to be able to recreate your favorite restaurant dishes at home. And speaking of restaurants, have you heard of America's Restaurant and their website about ingredient substitutes? I recently discovered it, and it's been a game-changer for me when I'm missing a certain ingredient in a recipe. Here's the link: https://americasrestaurant.com/substitutes/

Last edited:
If all this propaganda were true, then an enormous number of the human population would now all be dead including me & my family..People need to get over themselves & eat what you prefer...Besides who cares if Turkeys wouldnt eat it ?? My Goat wouldnt eat my Mac Cheese either, but it hasn't killed us...

If all this propaganda were true, then an enormous number of the human population would now all be dead including me & my family..People need to get over themselves & eat what you prefer...Besides who cares if Turkeys wouldnt eat it ?? My Goat wouldnt eat my Mac Cheese either, but it hasn't killed us...
🤣🤣🤣

did not say it would kill you, But I for one will not eat it as it is not natural... We each make our own choices wherever possible