Channel Nine star gives controversial Father's Day advice to Robert De Niro

The world of television and film is always filled with drama and shocking news, and today is no different.

Australian TV host Shelly Horton has made headlines online after she urged Hollywood icon Robert De Niro to get a vasectomy as a Father’s Day present.

This comes after the 79-year-old movie star announced that he had just welcomed his seventh child with his current partner in an interview for ET Canada. The reporter asked him what it was like to be a father of six children, and that was when the actor shared that he had recently welcomed a new child into his life.

He also did not share the name of his child or the gender.

You can read more details about this here.

baby1.jpg
The 79-year-old star made waves online after announcing the birth of his seventh child. Credit: Lisa Fotios/Pexels

And while the general public and his fans celebrated his joy with him, some weren’t as supportive.

In a column for 9Honey, Channel Nine presenter Shelly Horton criticised Mr De Niro’s decision to become a father again at his age.

Ms Horton said it was ‘irresponsible’ for older men to father children because they ‘pass away before the child has grown up’, leaving their younger partners as single mothers.

‘It's irresponsible to have children at that age, especially when you consider the child will undoubtedly grow up without a father for most of their life,’ Ms Horton explained.

baby2.jpg
Ms Horton said it was ‘irresponsible’ for men to father a child well into retirement age. Credit: Lisa Fotios/Pexels

Mr De Niro’s girlfriend, Tiffany Chen, is believed to be 45 years old.

‘While some may argue that women shouldn’t have to sacrifice their desire to have children because their partner is older, they need to think about the long-term consequences of that decision,’ she continued.

According to Ms Horton, it is ‘incredibly difficult for single mothers to raise children alone’. She added that while the Hollywood heavyweight can provide for their needs through financial support and other assistance, he will not be able to carry the ‘emotional and physical load of parenthood’ once he is gone or ill.

‘As parents age, they may also struggle with health issues that make it difficult for them to provide the care and attention young children require,’ she claimed.

The 50-year-old TV presenter also expressed concern that Mr De Niro’s child could be at risk of emotional trauma by losing their father at a young age if the film star were to die before the child had grown up.

‘A child is not a playtoy or shiny Christmas present. The child needs to be considered for life,’ she said.

She also brought up an interview that Mr De Niro gave in 2016, in which he, himself, said it was irresponsible for him to have more children at his age.

‘I don't think it's responsible, at my age, to have more children. I'm going to be 70 years old, and they'll be dealing with the things that people deal with at that age,’ he told reporters at the time.

Despite Ms Horton’s claims, Mr De Niro said in a new interview that the pregnancy with Tiffany Chen was ‘planned’.

‘How could you not plan that kind of thing?’ He said in the report. He also shared his feelings about becoming a father again.

‘I’m good with it,’ he stated before adding that being a parent ‘never gets easier’.
Key Takeaways
  • Aussie TV presenter Shelly Horton has urged actor Robert De Niro to get a vasectomy as he prepares to welcome his seventh child at age 79.
  • Ms Horton criticised Mr De Niro's decision to become a father again well into retirement age, calling it 'irresponsible’.
  • She expressed concern about the emotional trauma Mr De Niro's child could face by losing their father at a young age.
  • Ms Horton highlighted a 2016 interview in which De Niro himself said it was irresponsible for him to have more children.
It’s an issue that raises a lot of questions and something that many couples need to carefully consider when deciding to have a family.

But what are your opinions on this, members? Do you think people should be more conscious about the decision to become a parent at an older age? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section!

Reactions: NotNats
Sponsored
The world of television and film is always filled with drama and shocking news, and today is no different.

Australian TV host Shelly Horton has made headlines online after she urged Hollywood icon Robert De Niro to get a vasectomy as a Father’s Day present.

This comes after the 79-year-old movie star announced that he had just welcomed his seventh child with his current partner in an interview for ET Canada. The reporter asked him what it was like to be a father of six children, and that was when the actor shared that he had recently welcomed a new child into his life.

View attachment 19710
The 79-year-old star made waves online after announcing the birth of his seventh child. Credit: Lisa Fotios/Pexels

And while the general public and his fans celebrated his joy with him, some weren’t as supportive.

In a column for 9Honey, Channel Nine presenter Shelly Horton criticised Mr De Niro’s decision to become a father again at his age.

Ms Horton said it was ‘irresponsible’ for older men to father children because they ‘pass away before the child has grown up’, leaving their younger partners as single mothers.

‘It's irresponsible to have children at that age, especially when you consider the child will undoubtedly grow up without a father for most of their life,’ Ms Horton explained.

View attachment 19711
Ms Horton said it was ‘irresponsible’ for men to father a child well into retirement age. Credit: Lisa Fotios/Pexels

‘While some may argue that women shouldn’t have to sacrifice their desire to have children because their partner is older, they need to think about the long-term consequences of that decision,’ she continued.

According to Ms Horton, it is ‘incredibly difficult for single mothers to raise children alone’. She added that while the Hollywood heavyweight can provide for their needs through financial support and other assistance, he will not be able to carry the ‘emotional and physical load of parenthood’ once he is gone or ill.

‘As parents age, they may also struggle with health issues that make it difficult for them to provide the care and attention young children require,’ she claimed.

The 50-year-old TV presenter also expressed concern that Mr De Niro’s child could be at risk of emotional trauma by losing their father at a young age if the film star were to die before the child had grown up.

‘A child is not a playtoy or shiny Christmas present. The child needs to be considered for life,’ she said.

She also brought up an interview that Mr De Niro gave in 2016, in which he, himself, said it was irresponsible for him to have more children at his age.

‘I don't think it's responsible, at my age, to have more children. I'm going to be 70 years old, and they'll be dealing with the things that people deal with at that age,’ he told reporters at the time.

Despite Ms Horton’s claims, Mr De Niro said in a new interview that the pregnancy with Tiffany Chen was ‘planned’.

‘How could you not plan that kind of thing?’ He said in the report. He also shared his feelings about becoming a father again.

‘I’m good with it,’ he stated before adding that being a parent ‘never gets easier’.
Key Takeaways

• Aussie TV presenter Shelly Horton has urged actor Robert De Niro to get a vasectomy as he prepares to welcome his seventh child at age 79.
  • Ms Horton criticised Mr De Niro's decision to become a father again well into retirement age, calling it 'irresponsible’.
  • She expressed concern about the emotional trauma Mr De Niro's child could face by losing their father at a young age.
  • Ms Horton highlighted a 2016 interview in which De Niro himself said it was irresponsible for him to have more children.
It’s an issue that raises a lot of questions and something that many couples need to carefully consider when deciding to have a family.

But what are your opinions on this, members? Do you think people should be more conscious about the decision to become a parent at an older age? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section!
I made a conscious decision not to have any more children after the age of 30. My last baby was born when i was 30. He wasn't planned. I think she is right but in saying that you can lose a parent even when they are young. Many lose parents to cancer, accidents and suicide as well as other illnesses. My personal opinion is perhaps ensure you have a child who will possibly grow up and have their own life before you pass away if you have a good healthy, safe life. There are many who have children later in life for a mix of reasons. Mostly it is wanting to have a child with a new partner after a divorce or death of a previous partner. My fav actor had a daughter at 24 then got divorced and re married at 36 and for reasons I am not privy to had a second daughter 12 years later. No idea why the wait. He is now 73 and she is 24. He has had several bouts of cancer and his wife has had breast cancer twice. I guess you just don't know. The truth is the younger daughter could have been an orphan at 7 but they both survived and are still alive. I guess in the end it's a personal decision.

View attachment 19710

View attachment 19711

Key Takeaways

Reactions: Jarred Santos

View attachment 19710

View attachment 19711

Key Takeaways

I can only think of one other elderly person fathering a child Charlie Chaplin But I also believe there is an old Roman Caesar who was reported to have been told his young wife was pregnant Not that I was there, but it is said his words were, In Fa Me InFa Me some bastards had it Infer Me

View attachment 19710

View attachment 19711

Key Takeaways

Nobody asked Ms Horton about what she thinks. It is none of her business and it is presumptuous of her to believe that her opinion on this issue matters.

View attachment 19710

View attachment 19711

Key Takeaways

What about Parents that are young even in there 20s and one parent dies, in an accident or of an illness, it is no different then, also the WW1 and WW2 and other conflicts where the man has been killed, leaving a young family. So it just goes to show how intelligent Horton and others who think it is wrong, should get some common sense.

View attachment 19710

View attachment 19711

Key Takeaways

I think miss Horton needs to keep her opinions private. Two consenting adults can choose for themselves what they want to do. Congratulations t the proud parents.

It is their business if they choose to father a child at an old age BUT IT IS A VERY SELFISH CHOICE.
Are they going to be able to kick a ball around or chase after them.

School events they will be looked on as grandparents

Will they be alive for milestones like 21st and weddings.

For those who say , but what about the ones killed in accidents or the war. These were accidents and tragic and unexpected where as having a child at 80 you are already on borrowed time

View attachment 19710

View attachment 19711

Key Takeaways

Its none of her goddamn business but Robert and his partner, or is she just jealous that it wasnt her having the child

Reactions: Jarred Santos