Channel Nine reveals Tracy Grimshaw's return to television in 2024

It's no secret that Tracy Grimshaw has earned immense respect as an esteemed journalist over the past three decades. She's someone who has garnered the trust and admiration of many Australians over the years.

However, in a surprising move last November, the veteran broadcaster decided to step down from her role as the host of A Current Affair.

This departure left many of her fans and long-time viewers feeling melancholic. However, recent news has brought a ray of hope as it was reported that she will be gracing TV screens once again in 2024.

This revelation was made during Channel Nine's Upfronts, where the network unveiled its programming highlights for the upcoming year. Among these announcements was a hint of a 'new project' featuring Grimshaw in 2024.

Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 1.03.19 PM.png
The Aussie broadcast legend has signed on to star in a new TV project after stepping down from A Current Affair last year. Credit: Facebook/TODAY.

The network has remained tight-lipped about the specifics of this endeavour. The network spokesperson said, 'In a new project with details to come, Tracy Grimshaw returns to Channel Nine in 2024.'

This news comes after Grimshaw denied rumours that she's been having 'secret meetings' with executives and is returning to A Current Affair several months after leaving the show.

Woman's Day magazine reported in an article that Grimshaw had been visiting Nine's studios to pitch new ideas to TV executives. According to sources, Grimshaw was telling friends that she 'made a big mistake' and missed the 'thrill of TV'.

However, Grimshaw has since responded to the report, denying that any covert meetings took place, as she hasn't returned to Nine's North Sydney HQ since she left the building.

'I'm not coming back to ACA. I haven't been into the office this year, no sneaky meetings, and I've always said I may do something else next year. That hasn't changed,' she wrote on her social media page.

In the aftermath of her last episode on ACA in November last year, Tracy Grimshaw received enthusiastic applause from Channel Nine employees and fellow presenters as she made her way through the studio.

However, when Allison Langdon, her successor as host, approached for a farewell hug, a seemingly unexpected moment happened. Tracy took a step back, shook her head, and then proceeded to embrace her co-host, Karl Stefanovic.

The discerning eyes of viewers did not miss this apparent awkward encounter between Tracy and Allison. Many took to social media platforms to share their observations and comments.

For more details about this scoop, read the full article here.

Key Takeaways

• Veteran Australian broadcaster, Tracy Grimshaw, is set to return to TV next year with a secret 'new project'.
  • Grimshaw's return was announced during Channel Nine's Upfronts, where the network revealed its programming highlights up to 2024.
  • Grimshaw denied recent tabloid rumours of a return to A Current Affair, where she presented for 17 years.

What are your thoughts on this announcement, members? Are you looking forward to having Tracy Grimshaw on your TV screens once again? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Sponsored
The show has improved since Ally came on , before that it was boring ,now stories are worth watching, Tracey had been on too long and the interest was gone.

It's no secret that Tracy Grimshaw has earned immense respect as an esteemed journalist over the past three decades. She's someone who has garnered the trust and admiration of many Australians over the years.

However, in a surprising move last November, the veteran broadcaster decided to step down from her role as the host of A Current Affair.

This departure left many of her fans and long-time viewers feeling melancholic. However, recent news has brought a ray of hope as it was reported that she will be gracing TV screens once again in 2024.

This revelation was made during Channel Nine's Upfronts, where the network unveiled its programming highlights for the upcoming year. Among these announcements was a hint of a 'new project' featuring Grimshaw in 2024.

View attachment 29340
The Aussie broadcast legend has signed on to star in a new TV project after stepping down from A Current Affair last year. Credit: Facebook/TODAY.

The network has remained tight-lipped about the specifics of this endeavour. The network spokesperson said, 'In a new project with details to come, Tracy Grimshaw returns to Channel Nine in 2024.'

This news comes after Grimshaw denied rumours that she's been having 'secret meetings' with executives and is returning to A Current Affair several months after leaving the show.

Woman's Day magazine reported in an article that Grimshaw had been visiting Nine's studios to pitch new ideas to TV executives. According to sources, Grimshaw was telling friends that she 'made a big mistake' and missed the 'thrill of TV'.

However, Grimshaw has since responded to the report, denying that any covert meetings took place, as she hasn't returned to Nine's North Sydney HQ since she left the building.

'I'm not coming back to ACA. I haven't been into the office this year, no sneaky meetings, and I've always said I may do something else next year. That hasn't changed,' she wrote on her social media page.

In the aftermath of her last episode on ACA in November last year, Tracy Grimshaw received enthusiastic applause from Channel Nine employees and fellow presenters as she made her way through the studio.

However, when Allison Langdon, her successor as host, approached for a farewell hug, a seemingly unexpected moment happened. Tracy took a step back, shook her head, and then proceeded to embrace her co-host, Karl Stefanovic.

The discerning eyes of viewers did not miss this apparent awkward encounter between Tracy and Allison. Many took to social media platforms to share their observations and comments.

Key Takeaways

• Veteran Australian broadcaster, Tracy Grimshaw, is set to return to TV next year with a secret 'new project'.
  • Grimshaw's return was announced during Channel Nine's Upfronts, where the network revealed its programming highlights up to 2024.
  • Grimshaw denied recent tabloid rumours of a return to A Current Affair, where she presented for 17 years.

What are your thoughts on this announcement, members? Are you looking forward to having Tracy Grimshaw on your TV screens once again? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Tracey has been missed on TV, such a professional lady, so pleased she may be returning.

surely not another tabloid 'news'(?) program on commercial TV, it's one of the cheapest forms of shows and other than the already saturated new on TV there can't be any room for another. Already 10 hours of new on commercial TV repeating the same story over and over.

View attachment 29340

Key Takeaways

did not watch her before and no intentions of doing so in the future.

Reactions: melnugro and Leenie
The show has improved since Ally came on , before that it was boring ,now stories are worth watching, Tracey had been on too long and the interest was gone.
i do not see the difference between them. it is a show for people to get their 5 minutes of so called fame.

Reactions: Cool Lynda
I think she has had her moment. We all sometimes make the wrong decision but live with it and move on. There is nothing wrong with the show now and I agree that it has improved.

Reactions: Leenie

View attachment 29340

Key Takeaways

View attachment 29340

Key Takeaways

I prefer Alli on ACA. She is friendly and cheerful but can also get serious and ask the hard questions when she needs to. I found Tracey boring as a reporter and ACA host. Not a great fan of Tracey will depend on the program wether I watch it or not.