SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Cereal box toys

Who remembers finding one of these little toys at the bottom of the Kellogg’s Corn Flakes packet? It was a delightful little bonus that added a touch of excitement to Aussie kids’ mornings. Oh, the joy of assembling those tiny marvels! It’s a reminder of a simpler time when even the smallest surprises could make our day. Do you still have a collection of these toys?

compressed-nostalgia.jpeg
Credits: Facebook/Australia Remember When

Use to love this, and how our mums or dad stopped the fighting with us kids was when they bought the cereal they wrote the name of the child on the box who was to get the toy that week.

loved getting those treasures in the cereal packets. My favourites were the Australian animals. We had quite a collection and my sister and I played a game with them called Captain Kooka, because that kookaburra looked like he was owning it! I still have a little green thylacine from then. Wish I could find wherever I'd put the rest of the team

I remember the walking cow. There was a little bucket which you tied a piece of cotton to, and the other end was tied to the cow. Then once you put the cow on the table and let the bucket dangle down over the edge of the table the cow would walk forward until it came to the edge of the table. Simple pleasures, fun for all.

Reactions: Wandiwa
I remember the toys but none of them survived us kids. I do have 2 of the small coloured glass bowls with little legs on them that came in boxes of washing powder, not sure which brand, but probably Rinso as that’s what mum used. I have a green and an orange one stored somewhere. There were about six different colours in them and we used ours for our weekly dessert on sundays.