Caught in the act! Woolworths shopper violates two parking laws at the same time and leaves onlookers enraged

A local from Newcastle shared a post on Reddit about a Woolworths shopper who parked her Toyota Rav4 over two “Parents with Prams” parking spots.

What’s even more infuriating is that the driver didn’t have any children with her - her car didn’t even have any children’s car seats.

“The audacity,” the user wrote in his post. “She didn’t even have a child seat.”

lmQzaITxy5ZvpMG0chMUtC28GUNVWnjouGeeEbSmNfvyGeXbhQjJAYdLT-puZpuyuMjO8tnqPo-MusoB1-kIYIIbTPG2xfPGLSNJtm7DyBFRhN9xNnfKbk-cfsD7SIA8HGceUG41=s1600

The woman parked her vehicle in between two ‘Parents with Prams’ parking slots. Photo from user Hughriginal on Reddit.
The situation took a turn for the worst when the onlooker approached the driver, and instead of fixing her parking, she ignored the matter and headed straight into the supermarket, leaving her five-seater vehicle in the same position.

“I confronted her and she just said ‘I know, I know’ looking really apologetic and proceeded to go into Woolies without moving the car,” the Reddit user said. “So mad.”

Fellow users were shocked by the driver’s actions and spoke their minds in the comments section.

“This is really douchey,” one user wrote.

“It’s not that she parked in the marketing gimmick car space it’s that she parked over two spots,” said another.

Other people agreed, “Exactly, the lack of children is just the icing on the a***hole cake that is taking up two spots.”

L6PIa85bwf0VkbmSLzkPcwZaYR1PThXRikqR0DqRRJb6JdK-VD3QmBv0Lol9RFWZxEl0JBmourjjraH3ZWCxYC8Z7TRsniOxledC8FzyGJdK01IuEhYUeiosSKp9xiO0wRbjKCQm=s1600

These parking spaces allow parents more room to manage prams and infants, and they are often closer to the entrance, to reduce the distance young children must travel in a high traffic area. Photo from NRMA.
But aside from the parking violation, the Reddit post also opened up a discourse over whether “Parents With Prams” parking spots should be in supermarket car parks.

“Not defending the arseholery of not parking between the designated lines but those "parents with prams" spots are nothing but marketing,” one user commented.

“They're not legally defined as a disabled spot is. They're not there to help people with mobility issues. They're there to get cashed up stay-at-home mothers swanning about town in the door and spending money,” he added.

Another replied, “But pram parking has driven me batty for years, considering the limited number of disabled parking that is provided, and I’ve never met a pro-pram parking person who wasn’t entitled AF.”

A third person commented: “Should be ‘Parents Without Prams’ in my opinion. Why do you need to park closer because your baby is on wheels?”

Parking across two spaces is always an inexcusable offence, but do you agree that ‘Parents with Prams’ parking slots are just a marketing ploy taking up spots for extra Disabled parking? Let us know down below!

Sponsored
Caught in the act! Woolworths shopper violates two parking laws at the same time and leaves onlookers enraged

A local from Newcastle shared a post on Reddit about a Woolworths shopper who parked her Toyota Rav4 over two “Parents with Prams” parking spots.

What’s even more infuriating is that the driver didn’t have any children with her - her car didn’t even have any children’s car seats.

“The audacity,” the user wrote in his post. “She didn’t even have a child seat.”

lmQzaITxy5ZvpMG0chMUtC28GUNVWnjouGeeEbSmNfvyGeXbhQjJAYdLT-puZpuyuMjO8tnqPo-MusoB1-kIYIIbTPG2xfPGLSNJtm7DyBFRhN9xNnfKbk-cfsD7SIA8HGceUG41=s1600

The woman parked her vehicle in between two ‘Parents with Prams’ parking slots. Photo from user Hughriginal on Reddit.
The situation took a turn for the worst when the onlooker approached the driver, and instead of fixing her parking, she ignored the matter and headed straight into the supermarket, leaving her five-seater vehicle in the same position.

“I confronted her and she just said ‘I know, I know’ looking really apologetic and proceeded to go into Woolies without moving the car,” the Reddit user said. “So mad.”

Fellow users were shocked by the driver’s actions and spoke their minds in the comments section.

“This is really douchey,” one user wrote.

“It’s not that she parked in the marketing gimmick car space it’s that she parked over two spots,” said another.

Other people agreed, “Exactly, the lack of children is just the icing on the a***hole cake that is taking up two spots.”

L6PIa85bwf0VkbmSLzkPcwZaYR1PThXRikqR0DqRRJb6JdK-VD3QmBv0Lol9RFWZxEl0JBmourjjraH3ZWCxYC8Z7TRsniOxledC8FzyGJdK01IuEhYUeiosSKp9xiO0wRbjKCQm=s1600

These parking spaces allow parents more room to manage prams and infants, and they are often closer to the entrance, to reduce the distance young children must travel in a high traffic area. Photo from NRMA.
But aside from the parking violation, the Reddit post also opened up a discourse over whether “Parents With Prams” parking spots should be in supermarket car parks.

“Not defending the arseholery of not parking between the designated lines but those "parents with prams" spots are nothing but marketing,” one user commented.

“They're not legally defined as a disabled spot is. They're not there to help people with mobility issues. They're there to get cashed up stay-at-home mothers swanning about town in the door and spending money,” he added.

Another replied, “But pram parking has driven me batty for years, considering the limited number of disabled parking that is provided, and I’ve never met a pro-pram parking person who wasn’t entitled AF.”

A third person commented: “Should be ‘Parents Without Prams’ in my opinion. Why do you need to park closer because your baby is on wheels?”

Parking across two spaces is always an inexcusable offence, but do you agree that ‘Parents with Prams’ parking slots are just a marketing ploy taking up spots for extra Disabled parking? Let us know down below!
At my local shopping center they have Seniors & parents with prams spots, they are one spot for both. Placed next to the Disability parking bays. There are 4 of each. There is ample parking at the complex, more than enough parking in fact, yet time & again you see people parking where they have no right to park! I came across a fellow who had parked same as this young woman in our Seniors & parents with prams bays, exactly the same AND he was sitting right there in the car! I approached him & asked if he realized he was parked in the middle of two bays, he snapped "Yes, I know, I know!" at me, I said he need move into just the ONE bay so someone can have access to other bay. He grumbled but at least moved his car (one of those giant 4 wheel drives intended for 'bush or beach bashing' NOT suburbia & this looked like it had never left the city). After parking within the ONE bay he told me his wife had "...just popped into Coles for one item" - I said that is all well & good but there are people such as myself who need this parking, as I do not have a Disability Sticker for car but cannot walk far. I retrieved my bags from my own car & left him sitting in his car. As I entered Center, a good 20 minutes had passed & still no sign of his wife returning with her one item! I was glad I had approached him & told him to move into the one bay. WHY would anyone park in such a way & think it perfectly fine to do so?

Reactions: Ezzy
At my local shopping center they have Seniors & parents with prams spots, they are one spot for both. Placed next to the Disability parking bays. There are 4 of each. There is ample parking at the complex, more than enough parking in fact, yet time & again you see people parking where they have no right to park! I came across a fellow who had parked same as this young woman in our Seniors & parents with prams bays, exactly the same AND he was sitting right there in the car! I approached him & asked if he realized he was parked in the middle of two bays, he snapped "Yes, I know, I know!" at me, I said he need move into just the ONE bay so someone can have access to other bay. He grumbled but at least moved his car (one of those giant 4 wheel drives intended for 'bush or beach bashing' NOT suburbia & this looked like it had never left the city). After parking within the ONE bay he told me his wife had "...just popped into Coles for one item" - I said that is all well & good but there are people such as myself who need this parking, as I do not have a Disability Sticker for car but cannot walk far. I retrieved my bags from my own car & left him sitting in his car. As I entered Center, a good 20 minutes had passed & still no sign of his wife returning with her one item! I was glad I had approached him & told him to move into the one bay. WHY would anyone park in such a way & think it perfectly fine to do so?
Unfortunately, there is a growing social trend for self-entitlement and making excuses for inexcusable behaviour, and a corresponding decrease in personal shame for deliberately breaking rules. And it's across all age groups.

Reactions: Ezzy and Chris
I suggest you try re-reading your own posts! You said "If you read my post you will see my "idiot" comment refers to disability parks, not acrod parks". However, the only comment you made using the word "idiot" was "yet somehow idiot doctors give them a permit ". I work for doctors and can assure you that ACROD permits are not given out lightly.
You still have not read it properly... I give up..
Here it is again just in-case you might understand...
Being disabled I need a disability park..the amount of faux disabled people I see is amazing...They can jump out of their cars, jog across to the shops and jog back with bundles of shopping and jump in their cars yet somehow idiot doctors give them a permit or they use someone else's..
Please read..."Disability park" and "idiot doctors giving them a permit"... permit, yes, a disability permit...!!!
I cannot believe you don't understand what I wrote...

There is no such thing as an emergency to park in such a manner and without the right to park there in the first place. Hopefully the photo was sent to the police for them to fine this driver big time. Social media already made a full out of her.

Reactions: Ezzy and Chris
Definitely not o.k. to park here. I wonder how long before he was sitting alone in the vehicle before the suggestion was made to move over?

Reactions: Chris
Definitely not o.k. to park here. I wonder how long before he was sitting alone in the vehicle before the suggestion was made to move over?
True enough...no need for such parking to begin with. These bays are outside a Gym & I saw an old fella park in Senior or With Prams bay & walk straight into Gym with a towel over his shoulder. He was a Senior so not much could be said, but really, if you can handle to Gym SURELY you can make the walk from regular parking bays? Just the selfishness of people astounds me.

Reactions: Ezzy