SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Can you help Debbie with weight loss advice?

Hello!

Today I'm posting on behalf of a member who has asked 'for genuine people who have actually had success in ridding their bodies of unwanted fat and weight, including the product or diet they used.'

She continued, 'I’m so sick to death of hearing the same story, seeing the same pics, and losing money for no loss on the scales.'

I think it's something many of us can relate to.

Please comment below if you have a weight loss story or advice to share with member Debbie.

Thank you all in advance!

Reactions: Bindii

Hello!

Today I'm posting on behalf of a member who has asked 'for genuine people who have actually had success in ridding their bodies of unwanted fat and weight, including the product or diet they used.'

She continued, 'I’m so sick to death of hearing the same story, seeing the same pics, and losing money for no loss on the scales.'

Please comment below if you have a weight loss story or advice to share with member Debbie.

Hello Debbie
I lost over 25kg by cutting bread, pasta, rice and potatoes from my diet.
Also upped my activity, my Fitbit ensures that I walk at least 250 steps per hour, although most days I try to aim for 10k steps.
Have kept the weight off for over 4 years now and low carb is just a way of life now.
I am not as rigid with my diet now as I was previously but on the whole, I still watch what goes into my mouth.
I am 71 and not slowing down at all.

Reactions: Joyem and Colleen M
I lost 20kg by intermittent fasting. Finish eating by 6pm and don’t start breakfast until least 8am. I didn’t count calories, but had at least one meal a day that was very light, eg, a small can of tuna for lunch, a boiled egg for breakfast. Other meals I ate as normal.

Reactions: Kathie
Hi Deb, I am on a slow process of reducing my weight , I take a tablespoon of Apple-cider vinegar with a teaspoon of Raw honey every morning in a glass of warm ( or hot as safely as you can drink)water before eating . It is slow but I have lost weight .

Hi Deb, I lost weight just by cutting out bread and potatoes, but for years I haven't eaten fat, butter, taken milk or sugar.

No alcohol, no bread, potatoes. Cut your meat intake by half and fill up on salads. Walk as much as you can, if you can do squats, even just try to mini squat as you walk around the house. Weights are also a great help. I lost 15 kilos in eight weeks. Good luck!

Hi Deb, I don’t call it a diet , it is a change of lifestyle . I never miss breakfast , that is a very important meal of the day . I have my main meal at lunchtime . You should not have a large meal at night as you would not burn it off , as you will retire soon . I eat very little sugar , if I have a little sweetness , I use honey or maple syrup and fruit as they have natural sweetness . Eat low carb meals as well , as dessert I cut up some fresh fruit and top it with a little yoghurt. As a snack I have a handful of nuts , without salt , I roast them myself. I eat healthy snacks with my morning coffee like brownies made with avocado, sweet potato or chickpeas , you would not even know it is in there , also bake healthy muffins with fruit and yoghurt .I do exercise every day , just about half an hour cardio and resistance training . Also love bushwalking . Hope this is helpful! :)(y)

I lost 23 kg by cutting out everything with sugar in it, (no biscuits, cakes, chocolate, sweets, potato chips) and cut out potatoes, bread and pastry goods. I made heathy vegetable and bacon quiches with grated cheese on top, and had a piece of that with a salad for lunch, and a small serving of meat or chicken with vegetables or salad in the evening. I started by listing all the normal foods I ate that I shouldn’t, then on the other side of the page listed all the foods I could have. Make some home made vegetable soup, add some chicken to it and that’s a nice meal. Breakfast is a few spoonfuls of muesli and a few spoonfuls of corn flakes, with fresh fruit and milk. A healthy snack is rice crackers with peanut butter. If hungry between meals nibble on nuts or carrots or an apple. I ate a lot of watermelon too as it’s filling but not fattening. It’s amazing how much money you will save by not buying these goods -don’t keep them in the house. I was on this diet for 9 months, and lost about 1-2 kg a week. I also did some form of exercise daily, aqua-jogging x3 times a week, dancing twice a week, a 6 kg fast walk on Sundays. I stuck to it religiously and after a few months, my taste buds didn’t like sweet things much any more if I had an occasional spoonful of a birthday cake or dessert to be social. I must admit it used to drool looking in the window of the cake shop I used to frequent, but I’d tell myself ‘if I eat that, a moment on the lips is an inch on the hips. I’d have to go for a half an hour walk to compensate for it.’ And it was easy to walk away! So a lot of it is in the will-power, or ‘won’t-power’. Determination is a powerful mind control mechanism. Start tomorrow! Write that list! Get rid of the food you’re not allowed out of the house. Plan your meals and buy the healthy ingredients! You can do this!

Hello!

Hi yes the Way I do it is to simply blend the chance of social, emotional and a physical connection I find that if they can find a way to satisfy also exercising with the actual intent the simple term out n about To much of the tech world is Now in my case. No more The mind won’t let the weight win.

Hello!

Debbie,
Here are a few suggestions which will help your weight loss journey: Cooking oils, use coconut oil if possible. Avoid Canola oil as it causes weight gain and clogged arteries. Read all food ingredients, if canola oil present, do not buy or consume. Look after your liver health. Eat foods that support liver health like beetroot. Eat organic or spray-free produce where possible. Over-exposure to EMFs (electromagnetic frequencies) from electronic devices and wireless routers actually cause weight gain! Turn off your devices and routers at night. Distance is also your friend. Avoid stress which puts your body in a fight or flight mode releasing cortisol. Your metabolism then slows down so you gain weight. When you sit down to a meal, eat your veggies first, then your starches etc. This prevents caloric uptake. Try intermittent fasting. Make your last meal of the day around 2 or 3 pm. Follow up with a nice, well deserved breakfast in the morning, after a sip of warm lemon water and a touch of bicarb soda. Follow up meals with a cup of hot water. Drink green tea with a sliver of raw ginger, good for metabolism. Do periodic parasite cleanses via a Naturopath or a learned friend. Try Tai Chi or walking for exercise. Read the contraindications (side-effects) of any medications you are taking. Or better yet, demand your doctor or chemist provide you with a full list and explanation. If they won't, find a professional who will. Ask them how you can avoid a particular script that causes weight gain. Plenty out there do result in weight gain. Hope this helps! Be kind to yourself, take it one day at a time.