Cadbury's iconic purple wrappers are getting a makeover

We often associate brands with their iconic packaging. These brands have become so memorable that their packages are now part of our cultural landscape. We see them everywhere we go, and they have become a part of our lives.

For example, Cadbury is known for its purple packaging. This colour has become synonymous with the brand, and it is one of the most recognisable colours in the world. When we see this colour, we immediately think of Cadbury.

While some may see this as a form of marketing, it is also a way for these brands to connect with their customers on a deeper level.

Speaking of iconic labels, did you know that Mondelez International, the owner of the chocolate brand Cadbury, has revealed a 'world first' modification to its signature packaging?

Cadbury recently announced a new environmentally friendly, recyclable version of its distinctive purple packaging.

The chocolate manufacturer claimed that it employed 'emerging advanced recycling technology' to produce soft plastic packaging with up to 30% recycled material, preventing about 120 tonnes of packaging waste from ending up in landfills.

jThWJIxML53leY5msQ9DHuW6ttR4VvhxIQjFvhMsBL7jM8yF2gIXAZsc2JI9Z2uR5p52lhBSGoqS_0im8Aw7FUpMie0fc0EXvrCl-f3DX6eN_CQfHlOWezSiUQnG9ctBWuoqbW2JUR4MvULrl76kl-CIQs4mE6tJUxQ0_DTsJEbgc4o-WhZndYxs

Cadbury unveiled new eco-friendly packaging for its chocolate blocks. Credit: news.com.au via Cadbury.

Mondelēz International chief executive Dirk Van de Put said that the move is a nod to Australia's goal of achieving sustainable living.

He explained: 'Until recently, soft plastic packaging has been considered a single-use material.'

'The development of advanced recycling technology and our significant investment in recycled soft plastic means it’s now possible for Cadbury fans to enjoy their favourite treats more sustainably here in Australia.'

While the new sustainable wrappers, which are initially being used on Cadbury Dairy Milk, Caramilk, and Old Gold family blocks, are being tested for the first time in Australia, the company claimed that it is 'committed' to implementing the environmentally friendly packaging across the full Cadbury line in the upcoming years.

Mr Van de Put noted: 'This is just the beginning of our journey to use more recycled plastic in our packaging.'

'We started this process by targeting our larger packaging sizes to maximise our impact, but we’re committed to using more recycled plastic in our packaging in the coming years, as access and availability of advanced recycling technology increases.'

UMKSdb3mANKgZCKVmjnJLMBK2sCO4jQM10eD8sYAYVNDFsiXJ6voAZ0IJrASIEbCtvtAu-iQWm7_EXNJ5wNhBScGzkQ6Oni7PJ2zfvIpXyMevjQMIxMpSb5OndjlUF1NX1okP0xPdnLtezxsEUM0W1LmkXfIOUyiMjNrWMRSOmjeTpRTAEkTD1ch
8n_eQaP5s79_fceFZ9EywsKG_67XIOLzMCTNC7_qs-vw6WLTfV2QRq00Udk7S52ka4m_vdMMtGkdnJOgLY4VmFeJkfDnmXSfsFpbc8lRGhKQQbvAQ32OcWLa7rbZJP7NUDUQSNwohb1zpR5Cb5CM0NcUOZIaxKrgLvlGxsbAUhqCvlEXOG6pyIIh

The new packaging will feature 30% recycled content. Credit: news.com.au via Cadbury.

Cadbury also anticipates that its announcement will show that recycled content is in demand in Australia.

The first batch of Cadbury family blocks in their new packaging will be distributed to major retailers this week.

We're thrilled that so many corporations are beginning to adopt more sustainable practices! It's about time that businesses started taking responsibility for their impact on the environment and began working to mitigate their negative contributions.

Hopefully, this trend will continue and even more companies will start to adopt sustainable policies and practices. It's the only way to ensure a bright future for our planet.

Do you think Cadbury's initiative is commendable? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
We often associate brands with their iconic packaging. These brands have become so memorable that their packages are now part of our cultural landscape. We see them everywhere we go, and they have become a part of our lives.

For example, Cadbury is known for its purple packaging. This colour has become synonymous with the brand, and it is one of the most recognisable colours in the world. When we see this colour, we immediately think of Cadbury.

While some may see this as a form of marketing, it is also a way for these brands to connect with their customers on a deeper level.

Speaking of iconic labels, did you know that Mondelez International, the owner of the chocolate brand Cadbury, has revealed a 'world first' modification to its signature packaging?

Cadbury recently announced a new environmentally friendly, recyclable version of its distinctive purple packaging.

The chocolate manufacturer claimed that it employed 'emerging advanced recycling technology' to produce soft plastic packaging with up to 30% recycled material, preventing about 120 tonnes of packaging waste from ending up in landfills.

jThWJIxML53leY5msQ9DHuW6ttR4VvhxIQjFvhMsBL7jM8yF2gIXAZsc2JI9Z2uR5p52lhBSGoqS_0im8Aw7FUpMie0fc0EXvrCl-f3DX6eN_CQfHlOWezSiUQnG9ctBWuoqbW2JUR4MvULrl76kl-CIQs4mE6tJUxQ0_DTsJEbgc4o-WhZndYxs

Cadbury unveiled new eco-friendly packaging for its chocolate blocks. Credit: news.com.au via Cadbury.

Mondelēz International chief executive Dirk Van de Put said that the move is a nod to Australia's goal of achieving sustainable living.

He explained: 'Until recently, soft plastic packaging has been considered a single-use material.'

'The development of advanced recycling technology and our significant investment in recycled soft plastic means it’s now possible for Cadbury fans to enjoy their favourite treats more sustainably here in Australia.'

While the new sustainable wrappers, which are initially being used on Cadbury Dairy Milk, Caramilk, and Old Gold family blocks, are being tested for the first time in Australia, the company claimed that it is 'committed' to implementing the environmentally friendly packaging across the full Cadbury line in the upcoming years.

Mr Van de Put noted: 'This is just the beginning of our journey to use more recycled plastic in our packaging.'

'We started this process by targeting our larger packaging sizes to maximise our impact, but we’re committed to using more recycled plastic in our packaging in the coming years, as access and availability of advanced recycling technology increases.'

UMKSdb3mANKgZCKVmjnJLMBK2sCO4jQM10eD8sYAYVNDFsiXJ6voAZ0IJrASIEbCtvtAu-iQWm7_EXNJ5wNhBScGzkQ6Oni7PJ2zfvIpXyMevjQMIxMpSb5OndjlUF1NX1okP0xPdnLtezxsEUM0W1LmkXfIOUyiMjNrWMRSOmjeTpRTAEkTD1ch
8n_eQaP5s79_fceFZ9EywsKG_67XIOLzMCTNC7_qs-vw6WLTfV2QRq00Udk7S52ka4m_vdMMtGkdnJOgLY4VmFeJkfDnmXSfsFpbc8lRGhKQQbvAQ32OcWLa7rbZJP7NUDUQSNwohb1zpR5Cb5CM0NcUOZIaxKrgLvlGxsbAUhqCvlEXOG6pyIIh

The new packaging will feature 30% recycled content. Credit: news.com.au via Cadbury.

Cadbury also anticipates that its announcement will show that recycled content is in demand in Australia.

The first batch of Cadbury family blocks in their new packaging will be distributed to major retailers this week.

We're thrilled that so many corporations are beginning to adopt more sustainable practices! It's about time that businesses started taking responsibility for their impact on the environment and began working to mitigate their negative contributions.

Hopefully, this trend will continue and even more companies will start to adopt sustainable policies and practices. It's the only way to ensure a bright future for our planet.

Do you think Cadbury's initiative is commendable? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
I'm not bothered about the wrapping.

It's the taste of the Australian version of the chocolate that I'm more bothered about. Don't know why the taste is so different from the much better UK version? I last ate it a few years ago, when I came from the UK, and haven't bought any since. Good for losing weight anyway. 🙂 You can't beat the original UK Cadbury's chocolate taste.👍

Reactions: Maurie7 and Ezzy

It's the taste of the Australian version of the chocolate that I'm more bothered about. Don't know why the taste is so different from the much better UK version? I last ate it a few years ago, when I came from the UK, and haven't bought any since. Good for losing weight anyway. 🙂 You can't beat the original UK Cadbury's chocolate taste.👍
Chocolate in Europe is of a different consistency to that in warmer climes, hence the difference in taste. UK chocolate does not store well in warmer climes.

Reactions: Ezzy

Well done Cadbury's. How many blocks of their chocolate are sold daily world wide? I don't know but the move appears to be in the right direction.

I expect these wrappers, made in part from recycled materials, can be recycled again making for a greater saving in refuse.

I agree 100%, i will stock my suitcase up with chocolate and frey bentos pies. English chocolate seems to have that extra something,

Reactions: freedy50

I think it's what you are use too.

Chocolate in Europe is of a different consistency to that in warmer climes, hence the difference in taste. UK chocolate does not store well in warmer climes.
That's very true. Being so used to the UK version I can certainly taste the difference with whatever it is they have to add to the chocolate here.

I agree 100%, i will stock my suitcase up with chocolate and frey bentos pies. English chocolate seems to have that extra something,
Although as someone replied to me they have to add something to it here so it keeps longer in the heat. Changes the taste too much for me though.

I'm not used to the additive they have to add in it here to help it keep longer in the heat.
I just read that Cadbury chocolate in the UK has a higher fat content and more cocoa.
Also Australian cadbury chocolate is made in Tasmania and from Tasmanian cows so again a different taste than cows milk in the UK

I stopped buy Cadbury's when they declared it was Halel, and will never buy it while it's Halel, just sell it to Moslem countries and make your chocolate to suit us Australians and. It bloody foreigners

I stopped buy Cadbury's when they declared it was Halel, and will never buy it while it's Halel, just sell it to Moslem countries and make your chocolate to suit us Australians and. It bloody foreigners
It's not actually halal, it's just approve for consumption for Moslem people, approved as in saying there is no meat in it.

Cadbury has done nothing different to the chocolate to accommodate the Moslem faith, Cadbury just certified that there is no meat or pork in it

Halal is just the way they kill an animal and bless it .

They drink normal milk ect. Only food with meat/ blood products need to be halal

If a product has meat in it then it has to be halal. Again meaning that the animal was killed a certain way and blessed.

No Offense but You come across a little racist.

I'm 4th generation Aussie, with Irish , English and Scottish descendants, my ancestors came Here around 1890.

If we look back we are all foreigners

I'm married to a Greek who was born here and who's parents came here in the 1950s

I know there are a large number of so called foreigners on here so please be mindful and respectful.

Last edited:
It's not actually halal, it's just approve for consumption for Moslem people, approved as in saying there is no meat in it.

Cadbury has done nothing different to the chocolate to accommodate the Moslem faith, Cadbury just certified that there is no meat or pork in it

They drink normal milk ect. Only food with meat/ blood products need to be halal

If a product has meat in it then it has to be halal. Again meaning that the animal was killed a certain way and blessed.

I'm 4th generation Aussie, with Irish , English and Scottish descendants, my ancestors came Here around 1890.

I'm married to a Greek who was born here and who's parents came here in the 1950s

I know there are a large number of so called foreigners on here so please be mindful and respectful.
I am not a foreigner, i was born and bred in Australia so I'm Australian regardless of where my descendants came from. And i don't think Johns comment was implying racism.

I am not a foreigner, i was born and bred in Australia so I'm Australian regardless of where my descendants came from. And i don't think Johns comment was implying racism.
I totally agree I'm as Aussie as they come and proud of it but I think he was being a little racist, his tone said he was ' bloody Foreigners '
He mentioned Moslems which is a religion and bloody foreigners

Reactions: Ezzy and Maurie7

Not sure how any person could even infer that there are meat products in chocolate.

The first white Australians were convicts sent from England. I guess that means some of us may be able to trace our roots back to them & l am sure records would not say where they were born or if they emigrated to England & committed a crime for which they were imprisoned. Why would authorities care, they were convicts?

As stated, people have migrated to Oz from many nations & Australian born people have married them & which possibly means a DNA test would confirm we all have many nationalities in our past.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Not sure how any person could even infer that there are meat products in chocolate.

The first white Australians were convicts sent from England. I guess that means some of us may be able to trace our roots back to them & l am sure records would not say where they were born or if they emigrated to England & committed a crime for which they were imprisoned. Why would authorities care, they were convicts?

As stated, people have migrated to Oz from many nations & Australian born people have married them & which possibly means a DNA test would confirm we all have many nationalities in our past.
So we'll said. I actually want to do one if those DNA test.

My grandfathers mother came from Ireland as a baby his father's was first generation from Ireland.

My grandmothers mother was from England and her father from Scotland.
All came around 1890.

I love looking at family history, my mother and her cousin did a lot of research.

Someone I know did a DNA test and actually matched her with her biological father,

So we'll said. I actually want to do one if those DNA test.

My grandfathers mother came from Ireland as a baby his father's was first generation from Ireland.

My grandmothers mother was from England and her father from Scotland.
All came around 1890.

I love looking at family history, my mother and her cousin did a lot of research.

Someone I know did a DNA test and actually matched her with her biological father,
I think you have much to look forward to given what you already know Suzanne rose.
I hope you are able to do this. Something to share with your children too.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Not unusual for products that distributed internationally to be tweaked differently for different countries. An example a friend went to America where he was given a snack which was supposed to be hot but to him it was not but it was delicious and he ate it to their amazement as though it was candy. He found the same product here when he came back but it just about blew his head of it was so hot so he bought several jars and sent it back to his American friends to let them know what hot really was and in contacting the company they admitted they made their products differently depending on where they were going and it can also depend in which country they are made and the sourcing of the products required.