Cadbury releases latest temptation: Could this be the ‘treat of the year’?

Amid whispers of anticipation, a new chocolate creation has captured the attention of dessert enthusiasts everywhere.

With mouths watering and imaginations ignited, chocolate lovers eagerly await the moment they can unwrap and indulge in this delicious new treat, poised to elevate their taste experience to new heights of delight.

Cadbury, a household name synonymous with chocolatey goodness, is set to tantalise taste buds across the nation with a brand-new flavour that's stirring up quite the excitement.

The Dairy Milk Mudcake ($6) is already heralded as the 'treat of the year', and chocoholics are marking their calendars for its July release.

The anticipation for this new treat is palpable, with the news spreading like wildfire across social media platforms and foodie circles.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 084603.png
Aussies expressed their excitement over the new Cadbury Dairy Milk flavour online. Image Source: TikTok / @russ.eats

The Grocery Geek AU, a social media page and website for the latest in food trends, was among the first to share the announcement, and the response has been nothing short of ecstatic.

Imagine the rich, velvety texture of a classic mud cake, now covered in the creamy, melt-in-your-mouth Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate we all know and love.

The details of this decadent creation are enough to make your mouth water.

The block will feature a harmonious blend of Cadbury's signature milk chocolate and white chocolate, with a sumptuous cocoa crème and a surprise crunch from biscuit pieces at its heart.

Fans already expressed their delight and impatience online.

‘Oh my God yes, this is chocolate-flavoured chocolate! I am counting the days,’ one user commented.

Another added, ‘That is peak Cadbury, I can't wait to try it…I'm putting it in my calendar.’

Online personality Russ Eats couldn't contain his enthusiasm either, he proclaimed, 'This has treat of the year potential! It's massive—the Woolworths mud cake is an iconic Australian cake.'

His passion was evident, as he boldly stated, ‘F*** the lamington, the chocolate mud cake is the number one dessert we have. Do not f*** this up, Cadbury.’

‘I will be eating ten blocks as soon as it comes out—I am that keen.’

The sentiment is widely shared, with many Australians holding supermarket mud cakes close to their hearts as a beloved dessert staple.

Some even reminisced about past chocolate favourites, one user commented, ‘I wonder if it will be like Wonka's mudslide. I miss that chocolate!'

However, as with any bold new product, there are sceptics.

A few have voiced their concerns, particularly about the inclusion of biscuit pieces, questioning the need to deviate from the pure mud cake experience.

‘Why would they put biscuits in mud cake?’ one asked, while another pondered the logic behind such collaborations, ‘If you want a mud cake, get a mud cake. If you want Cadbury, get Cadbury.’

Source: TikTok / @russ.eats

Despite these apprehensions, the overall mood is one of eager anticipation.

At $6 a block, it's not cheap, but it can be a luxury that promises to bring a little extra joy into the lives of Australians during the cooler months.

Cadbury has a history of pushing the envelope with innovative flavours, and this latest offering seems poised to continue that tradition.

Can’t wait until July for a taste of Cadbury’s new and exciting treat? You can check out another new release from them in the meantime! Read about one of their delectable new flavours already on the shelves here!
Key Takeaways
  • Cadbury is preparing to release a new Dairy Milk Mudcake flavour in Australia.
  • The new chocolate block is expected to be available in supermarkets starting in July, priced at $6.
  • On social media, fans and food enthusiasts have expressed excitement and anticipation for the 'treat of the year'.
  • While many consumers are looking forward to the launch, some have reservations about the inclusion of biscuit pieces in the chocolate block.
Share your thoughts and expectations in the comments below—will you be one of the first to try Cadbury's latest creation?

Reactions: Littleboy8
Sponsored
😋 yum decadent.$6.00 a block that’s cheap I pay $7.00 for a plain block of chocolate.

Reactions: PattiB
No I probably won’t try it because it’s not dark chocolate. Milk chocolate doesn’t agree with me. I’m still cross at them for taking away my absolutely fave one, ‘Breakaway’ in dark chocolate. I bought up as many as I could but I’ve run out now. 😢 I’ve switched to Aldi Choceur, the mint is fabulous.

Reactions: Littleboy8
me too and must be DARK plus I don't eat cake or biscuits so it's no good to me. I'll stick to plain dark or rum and raisin.
Now your talking I love rum and raisin and dark chocolate Yum😋Now Where’s my shop list😊

• Love
Reactions: PattiB