Buyers share disappointment over Kmart's $10 product: 'These are rubbish'

Savvy shoppers always look out for bargains that can make life easier and more organised.

However, a deal that seems too good to be true just might be.

This is the case with a popular item that's caused quite a stir among shoppers and travellers.

Kmart's Set of 4 Space Bags Combo with Pump ($10) was a storage solution item that could shrink clothes, blankets, and other cloth items down to half their original size by vacuum sealing.

Perfect for people on the go, the bags could protect clothes from dust and pests while saving precious closet space.

A video posted on social media touted the bags as an 'insane storage solution', but some customers say otherwise.

compressed-kmart (2).jpeg
Kmart's Space Bags Combo with Pump has 4.4-star reviews on the retailer's website. Image Credit: Kmart

Despite its price point and promise of convenience, shoppers took to social media to voice their dissatisfaction.

'These are rubbish and don't work. I have used a vacuum to help seal it, and it never stays sealed,' one shopper wrote.

Another shopper replied, saying, 'Never had any trouble; maybe you overfilled.'

The shopper responded with, 'I originally thought that, but I tried with less stuff in them, and it still didn't work.'

Another shopper agreed with the complainant.

'The air is back in them within days. They don't work and don't seal very well, and I didn't overfill them,' they wrote in the comment.

Other complaints about the item included a musty odour emanating from stored items.

However, some users shared their good experiences with the bags.

'I can confirm these are a winner!' one shopper exclaimed.

'I have used these Kmart ones because they are a lot cheaper. I have stored all my kids' clothes and mine,' a mum shared in the comments.

A shopper and frequent user of the bags shared their tips on how to use them properly.

'When you take the vacuum cleaner off, press your finger on the silicone nozzle before you screw the white cap on. Sometimes, this can move slightly, and if you listen carefully, you can hear air releasing from here,' they wrote.

'Second, don't rely on the tab that you slide across to close the bag. Use your fingers to run across it and ensure it's sealed.

'Third, always wash before you store stuff, and lastly, lay everything open and flat, so don't put your T-shirts folded like you would have them in your wardrobe. I hope this helps,' they concluded.

In a previous article, online content creator Jess Ricci gave a similar product a positive review for helping her save almost 30 per cent of luggage space.

For those who want to save space at home or while outdoors, Kmart's space bags should be worth a try.

If you're not satisfied with a purchase, feel free to reach out to the retailer for a refund or exchange.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers expressed their dissatisfaction with the retailer's $10 Space Bags Combo with Pump, stating the product does not seal effectively.
  • A video advertising the space-saving bags received mixed reviews, with some users describing them as 'rubbish'.
  • Some customers defended the product, while others shared tips to improve the sealing process.
  • Online content creator Jess Ricci shared a similar experience with space-saving bags, which helped her clear 30 per cent of space.
What do you think of Kmart's space bags? Do you have any space-saving tips you'd like to share with us? Let us know in the comments section below!

Reactions: SEAN
Sponsored
What's all the fuss about? Just take the back & get a refund.
Admittedly they should work,but sometimes they don't.