Butterscotch coffee cake this is really nice

Enjoy the smell of cinnamon coming from your oven while it bakes! I wish I could magically wake up to this kind of breakfast every morning.

Although this recipe is delicious warm from the oven, I also think it is one of those recipes that gets more mouth-watering as it sits. Don’t be afraid to make this up ahead of time. It will still be soft and moist.

Ingredients
• 1 box yellow cake mix (dry)
• 4 large eggs
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup canola oil
• 1 small package instant butterscotch pudding (100 ml)
• 1 small package instant vanilla pudding (100 ml)

TOPPING

• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 cup chopped pecans

Instructions

• Mix the dry cake mix, eggs, water, oil and dry pudding mixes in a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes.

• In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans to make the streusel.

• Grease a 9x13" pan and pour in ½ the cake batter. Sprinkle ½ of the streusel topping over the cake batter. Repeat the layers.

• Bake at 160 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
I see these recipes with different pudding mixes, eg this one butterscotch pudding mix. I shop at both Coles and Woolworths but have never seen any other pudding mix except vanilla. Am I missing something or are these American recipes?

Where’s the Coffee in the recipe,the cake mix would be any plain flavoured cake like Madeira, Angel Delight Butterscotch pudding for $3.60 for 59gms is sold at Coles, I googled.

Where’s the Coffee in the recipe,the cake mix would be any plain flavoured cake like Madeira, Angel Delight Butterscotch pudding for $3.60 for 59gms is sold at Coles, I googled.
Oh yeah no coffee good pickup🤔

Reactions: Babybird
Coffee cake refers to the type of cake and not that it contains coffee. Quite often served for afternoon tea served with coffee or tea.
An example could be a sponge cake. It’s a type of cake, doesn’t contain sponges in the recipe. 😉

Reactions: Littleboy8
Coffee cake refers to the type of cake and not that it contains coffee. Quite often served for afternoon tea served with coffee or tea.
An example could be a sponge cake. It’s a type of cake, doesn’t contain sponges in the recipe. 😉
I gues you could always add a spoonful of coffee 😊yum I love coffee.

Reactions: DLHM and Babybird