JeweloftheSea

Jul 11, 2022
Gilston
Butcher Crowd

I have investigated having Butcher Crowd meat/seafood delivered but found for the quantities I wanted to order the cost was very expensive. I watch every dollar I spend per kg. weight and know the prices of the meat I buy whether it be at a butcher or supermarket. For the cost of $159 for 2 people I calculated the same quantity of meat (for 2 adults) would cost me approx. $89. I even added in the cost of an extra $12 for 1Kg. of FREE beef mince. If you are not living hand to mouth on the pension and only just paying your bills then this service is just for the rich who may be incapacitated and cannot or prefer not to do their own shopping.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Hi @JeweloftheSea! I appreciate your post and the research you've done for fellow members!

It's totally fine if you are not interested in this offer; we're not trying to trick you into buying anything you don't want or need.

Regarding the price, here is some information ButcherCrowd provided:
'You can choose your own cuts via our Custom Box. Our prices aren't to be compared with supermarkets, or regular butchers, as you simply can't purchase our products from these locations. Our prices include FREE delivery, offering the convenience of having it delivered to your door. We offer grass-fed and grass-finished, pasture-raised products, free of "nasties". Our products are humanely raised and handled, making the effort to ensure our farmers & fishers, are paid fairly for the work they do, in providing the highest quality meat and wild-caught seafood.'

As you mentioned, it might not be something everyone is interested in but hopefully, the offer will help a few members who are interested.

I do really appreciate the feedback, though!

Thanks so much!
April.