Busy mum slams Woolworths home delivery service: “To say I’m annoyed is an understatement”

Uh oh, it seems like supermarket home delivery services have been under fire recently, with more and more shoppers complaining of disappointing and unacceptable customer service.

A few weeks ago, one shopper complained that the delivery driver from Woolies had left his grocery packages just outside his front door. Since his screen door opens outwards, it was very difficult for him to go out and get his groceries since the bags were blocking the door from opening.

And just earlier this week, a woman also complained about Woolies’ home delivery service.

Apparently, the delivery person simply left her 84-year-old mother’s groceries somewhere else. When they managed to find the grocery bags, they looked like they had been smashed or run over.

Several of the grandmother’s items were badly damaged; the loaf of bread and tin cans were destroyed.

Now, one mum is complaining about another disappointing experience with Woolies’ delivery service.

af6nEnV98wmh-CwWQ8OfmwhBYSdL0APGVJwhaESlbm1eI-qisusjGJg6RMDyFU7CyiCrURHPsgoFCszZ9WU3pksJvRc3wct5_NJ8FT5u94mXGch92f8a71xONTzzhEFT0xVzRRxs

A busy mum was outraged after finding her Woolworths order left on the street. Credit: Facebook.

Sharing her frustrations on Facebook, one mum from Sydney revealed her unpleasant experience after ordering her groceries online from Woolworths.

Apparently, the delivery driver simply left all of her grocery bags – which amounted to almost $200 worth – on the end of her property’s footpath, despite there being an open gate and a clear path to her front door where it would have been much safer for the items.

The unhappy customer snapped photos of the incident, showing her shopping bags piled together out there on the street.

“There were double the amount of bags before I took the photo,” she added. Meaning, it also took her several trips back and forth just to get everything inside.

While this may not be an issue to some, the mum said she was living in a pretty public neighbourhood and anyone could have “helped themselves” to her groceries if she didn’t get the bags inside sooner.

Now, she’s calling out Woolworths and other supermarkets offering online home delivery services.

“I think your partner delivery driver service needs to be reconsidered or given appropriate training on how to deliver groceries to the front door,” wrote the mum.

“To say I’m annoyed is an understatement.”

“Between a screaming baby, cooking dinner, cleaning and being lucky I hadn’t left yet to pick my eldest son up from childcare, I find this,” she added.

Safe to say, several users on Facebook rallied behind the mum and called out the supermarket for the disappointing customer service.

“This is an absolute joke,” one user said. “In the middle of the footpath for people to trip over. Are they okay?”

Besides the disappointing delivery service, another user pointed out another glaring problem.

“All these plastic bags and this was only half?” they asked.

“If supermarkets don't use plastic bags for those buying in-store and we are supposed to be reducing the use of plastic bags, they are really going to have to rethink the packaging of home delivery as it is huge!”

Woolworths Australia has already responded and is said to be reaching out to the affected customer.

It is understood that the supermarket chain delivers thousands of online orders to customers around the country every single day, and may not always provide the best experience for everyone.

To contact them regarding an online order or online shopping experience, reach out through this link.

Have you had any bad experiences with supermarket online home deliveries? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Busy mum slams Woolworths home delivery service: “To say I’m annoyed is an understatement”

Uh oh, it seems like supermarket home delivery services have been under fire recently, with more and more shoppers complaining of disappointing and unacceptable customer service.

A few weeks ago, one shopper complained that the delivery driver from Woolies had left his grocery packages just outside his front door. Since his screen door opens outwards, it was very difficult for him to go out and get his groceries since the bags were blocking the door from opening.

And just earlier this week, a woman also complained about Woolies’ home delivery service.

Apparently, the delivery person simply left her 84-year-old mother’s groceries somewhere else. When they managed to find the grocery bags, they looked like they had been smashed or run over.

Several of the grandmother’s items were badly damaged; the loaf of bread and tin cans were destroyed.

Now, one mum is complaining about another disappointing experience with Woolies’ delivery service.

af6nEnV98wmh-CwWQ8OfmwhBYSdL0APGVJwhaESlbm1eI-qisusjGJg6RMDyFU7CyiCrURHPsgoFCszZ9WU3pksJvRc3wct5_NJ8FT5u94mXGch92f8a71xONTzzhEFT0xVzRRxs

A busy mum was outraged after finding her Woolworths order left on the street. Credit: Facebook.

Sharing her frustrations on Facebook, one mum from Sydney revealed her unpleasant experience after ordering her groceries online from Woolworths.

Apparently, the delivery driver simply left all of her grocery bags – which amounted to almost $200 worth – on the end of her property’s footpath, despite there being an open gate and a clear path to her front door where it would have been much safer for the items.

The unhappy customer snapped photos of the incident, showing her shopping bags piled together out there on the street.

“There were double the amount of bags before I took the photo,” she added. Meaning, it also took her several trips back and forth just to get everything inside.

While this may not be an issue to some, the mum said she was living in a pretty public neighbourhood and anyone could have “helped themselves” to her groceries if she didn’t get the bags inside sooner.

Now, she’s calling out Woolworths and other supermarkets offering online home delivery services.

“I think your partner delivery driver service needs to be reconsidered or given appropriate training on how to deliver groceries to the front door,” wrote the mum.

“Between a screaming baby, cooking dinner, cleaning and being lucky I hadn’t left yet to pick my eldest son up from childcare, I find this,” she added.

Safe to say, several users on Facebook rallied behind the mum and called out the supermarket for the disappointing customer service.

“This is an absolute joke,” one user said. “In the middle of the footpath for people to trip over. Are they okay?”

Besides the disappointing delivery service, another user pointed out another glaring problem.

“If supermarkets don't use plastic bags for those buying in-store and we are supposed to be reducing the use of plastic bags, they are really going to have to rethink the packaging of home delivery as it is huge!”

Woolworths Australia has already responded and is said to be reaching out to the affected customer.

It is understood that the supermarket chain delivers thousands of online orders to customers around the country every single day, and may not always provide the best experience for everyone.

To contact them regarding an online order or online shopping experience, reach out through this link.

Have you had any bad experiences with supermarket online home deliveries? Share your stories with us in the comments below!
No
Been getting woolies deliveries for as long as been available
Never never had a problem
Excellent service

I'm bucking the trend. The drivers that deliver to me are friendly, helpful and considerate. If I'm home they will put the bags inside the front door and will tell me which are the heavy ones. In fact, I've got a delivery coming this afternoon and have already had messages from Woolies letting me know of the progress of my order. One happy shopper here!!:)

I am a believer in going to the source first of all and making my complaint in person if possible. If not in person then a phone call requesting to speak to the Manager. Then if nothing is done in a satisfactory manner it is time to look at alternatives. I don't really agree with making complaints on social media anyway but if all else fails, do it honestly and with integrity.

I have never used delivery but in this case I would say the customer had full right to complain - leaving shopping on a public pathway for anyone to pick up is wrong, wrong, wrong - would woolies have reimbursed her if part or all of it had been stolen. Obviously it was a pain for her having to carry all of that shopping in as it would have been for the driver to deliver it properly but it is their job and they need to do it properly even when it is a pain after all the gate was open so I would assume there was no possibility of a dog attack or other obvious reason for not doing the delivery properly.

Reactions: KatKop and Ricci
My main gripe is you order what need/want shows in stock then next day you get a refund as is out of stock, out of necessity I went to the supermarket day before delivery and store had heaps and I mean heaps of the items that were supposedly out of stock, items were mini Cadbury Easter eggs ( buckets and buckets in local store) and yoghurt luckily I brought some from the store.
Also I know it can sometimes not be drivers fault but you book and pay for a set time and they can be over an hour out, which normally would not matter but we live in gated retirement village, and know from previous experience that they will not try to contact us they just turn around and say undeliverable

• Wow
Reactions: Ricci
I'm bucking the trend. The drivers that deliver to me are friendly, helpful and considerate. If I'm home they will put the bags inside the front door and will tell me which are the heavy ones. In fact, I've got a delivery coming this afternoon and have already had messages from Woolies letting me know of the progress of my order. One happy shopper here!!:)
The majority are excellent like anything it’s the few who give them a bad rap

Would like to see copy of invoice for this order as I totally agree that Woolworths do NOT use these PLAIN plastic bags...calling bullsh!t on this!

Would like to see copy of invoice for this order as I totally agree that Woolworths do NOT use these PLAIN plastic bags...calling bullsh!t on this!
Um... sorry, they do use plain plastic bags. My delivery today came in them.:)

The majority are excellent like anything it’s the few who give them a bad rap
My husband was contracted by Safeway (Woolworths) for over 20 years doing their grocery deliveries......this was when customers did their own shopping in store and then had them delivered for a small fee. Hubby would carry bags in for the elderly and undo the tied bags as they found it difficult to do so themselves. Some customers had refrigerators on back verandahs and he would put cold/frozen bags in it for them. He was also trusted by a number of his customers to know where the house key was stashed and he would take the bags inside the house before they got home. and put them on the kitchen table. He even would give the occasional customer a ride home to save a taxi fare for them. He was very well respected and would go out of his way to help any of his regular customers. We were astounded to discover after the death of one of his regulars that he had been included in her will as she was so grateful for his service to her over many years. I suppose with todays rules and regulations this sort of service would be an OHS nightmare. I might add that most of these customers had not known him before he started in the job.......those days of trust appear to be long gone now and I am so proud of him for the extra help he gave that was not expected of him.

• Love
Reactions: KatKop and Ricci
My main gripe is you order what need/want shows in stock then next day you get a refund as is out of stock, out of necessity I went to the supermarket day before delivery and store had heaps and I mean heaps of the items that were supposedly out of stock, items were mini Cadbury Easter eggs ( buckets and buckets in local store) and yoghurt luckily I brought some from the store.
Also I know it can sometimes not be drivers fault but you book and pay for a set time and they can be over an hour out, which normally would not matter but we live in gated retirement village, and know from previous experience that they will not try to contact us they just turn around and say undeliverable
delivery store is not your local

delivery store is not your local
The reason you get an out of stock notification and then find it on the shelves is because at the time of picking your order there was no stock on the shelf and it had not been restocked at that time. I find if the staff are not super busy they will go back later and fill my order if possible. I do click and collect so can go into the store to check if stock has been replaced......a bit harder I know for delivered orders but so be it.