Broccoli and Sweet Potato Soup

june-18_broccoli-sweet-potato-soup-137702-1.jpg
Credits: Taste.com.au
Nothing beats a bowl of warm, comforting soup on a cold night. And this Broccoli and Sweet Potato Soup recipe is the perfect blend of healthy and hearty. Packed with vitamins and antioxidants, this soup is not only good for you, but it’s also super delicious. Plus, it only requires five ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make! With just $3 per serving, this soup is an affordable and easy weeknight meal.

Ingredients:
1 brown onion, finely chopped
500g broccoli (stems finely chopped and florets coarsely chopped)
500g sweet potato, peeled, finely chopped
4 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup Greek-style yoghurt

Instructions:

1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add onion, broccoli stems, and sweet potato. Cook stirring for 5 minutes until the onion is softened.

2. Add the vegetable stock and 2 cups of 500mL water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat.

3. Add broccoli florets and cook for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.

4. Blend the soup until smooth using a stick blender. Transfer into serving bowls.

5. Place yoghurt in a small bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of water. Add to the soup and gently swirl. Season.6. Serve with some crusty bread, and enjoy!

To make this dish extra special, you could:
-Add some shredded chicken or bacon
-Swap out the yoghurt for light cream
-Top with some grated cheeseThis soup is the perfect comfort food for cold nights. It is hearty and healthy.

So why not give it a try tonight and let us know what you think?

Sponsored
Nothing beats a bowl of warm, comforting soup on a cold night. And this Broccoli and Sweet Potato Soup recipe is the perfect blend of healthy and hearty. Packed with vitamins and antioxidants, this soup is not only good for you, but it’s also super delicious. Plus, it only requires five ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make! With just $3 per serving, this soup is an affordable and easy weeknight meal.

Ingredients:
1 brown onion, finely chopped
500g broccoli (stems finely chopped and florets coarsely chopped)
500g sweet potato, peeled, finely chopped
4 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup Greek-style yoghurt

Instructions:

1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add onion, broccoli stems, and sweet potato. Cook stirring for 5 minutes until the onion is softened.

2. Add the vegetable stock and 2 cups of 500mL water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat.

3. Add broccoli florets and cook for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.

4. Blend the soup until smooth using a stick blender. Transfer into serving bowls.

5. Place yoghurt in a small bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of water. Add to the soup and gently swirl. Season.6. Serve with some crusty bread, and enjoy!

To make this dish extra special, you could:
-Add some shredded chicken or bacon
-Swap out the yoghurt for light cream
-Top with some grated cheeseThis soup is the perfect comfort food for cold nights. It is hearty and healthy.

So why not give it a try tonight and let us know what you think?
I love healthy recipes and would appreciate any for cancer patients. My son very sadly has Stage 4, inoperable cancer. The hospitals are not good with nutrition, so I have been sourcing myself. It is just the two of us, he is 35 and my entire world, We have no family so to speak. Just the two of us. I immediately changed our diet to non-dairy and sugar free. No meat. I steam a lot of greens, broccoli, kale, spinach etc. I use bottled water only, even for cooking. He drinks alkaline water. I cook hormone and anti-biotic free chicken. I am sure he gets fed up with my recipes as not many at all. We use oat milk now. Also do omelets. hope you don't mind me asking. Best wishes, Marian

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
I love healthy recipes and would appreciate any for cancer patients. My son very sadly has Stage 4, inoperable cancer. The hospitals are not good with nutrition, so I have been sourcing myself. It is just the two of us, he is 35 and my entire world, We have no family so to speak. Just the two of us. I immediately changed our diet to non-dairy and sugar free. No meat. I steam a lot of greens, broccoli, kale, spinach etc. I use bottled water only, even for cooking. He drinks alkaline water. I cook hormone and anti-biotic free chicken. I am sure he gets fed up with my recipes as not many at all. We use oat milk now. Also do omelets. hope you don't mind me asking. Best wishes, Marian
Hi Marian
Try the apricot recipe my friend saw his father cured from stage 4 and enjoyed another 10 yrs of healthy life.
Take 10 apricot kernels or seeds.
Blend in 600 mls of filtered water
with 2 carrots juice, an apple, some green leafy vege such as spinach.
Dose is three times daily, but start with one and build up to 3 times daily.
It is strong tasting, but is extremely effective m!
After 3 weeks my friends father saw a big improvement!
You may get apricot kernels from
buyorganicsonline.com.
Another recipe is the baking soda one which is similar to what you are doing with your change in diet to alkaline your sons ph!
Look up
myjourneytoacure.com.au it has the testimony and the recipe.
God Bless and all the best. Ross

Hi Marian
Try the apricot recipe my friend saw his father cured from stage 4 and enjoyed another 10 yrs of healthy life.
buyorganicsonline.com.
Another recipe is the baking soda one which is similar to what you are doing with your change in diet to alkaline your sons ph!
Look up
Forgot to add the .au on the first web site sorry

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Hi Marian
buyorganicsonline.com.
Look up
Hi Immanuel, thank you so very much for this recipe. Bless you. Does it matter if the apricot kernels are from fresh apricots or do they need to be dried first. I tried the website link you sent but couldn't access it. Best wishes, Marian

Reactions: Ricci and Ezzy
Hi Marian
buyorganicsonline.com.
Look up
Hi Marian
It should be buyorganicsonline.com.au
No it shouldn’t make any difference if fresh or dry.
Cheers. Ross

Reactions: Marian M and Ricci