British ex-pat mocks Aussies' reaction to winter weather in Bondi: "What is wrong with you?"

A British ex-pat has made light of the fact that people in Sydney are braving temperatures below 10 degrees Celsius by going out in similar-looking dark-coloured puffer jackets.

Daniel Olaniran, better known by his TikTok handle, @olantekkers, is originally from the United Kingdom but has called Australia home for more than two years.

It is clear that the former professional footballer has plenty of experience with the chilly training sessions that are common in England. This is probably why he finds it amusing that Australians are so obsessed with mountain wear brands like North Face and Kathmandu as soon as the weather starts to turn cold.

0ElkrpUZeBwbD0f-XQus4mGLmGmdp8FVfHuvoj85TLaZcsPtyIaUMiDQtjgXj_0IIcMapYKURD9UKDjGTz4mivv9GLmNQ57UZ6xHyR35humYAmdkSpAzsgyKxH1DqJ8WyDHjV9Il2CgeR35kFQ

Olan couldn't help but wonder if there was something 'wrong' with Aussies. Credit: TikTok/@olantekkers.

When Olan was filming some unsuspecting locals in Bondi on a sunny winter day, he brought attention to the fact that many of them had chosen to wear a North Face puffer or windbreaker in order to protect themselves from the chilly breeze.

Olan then continues, speaking with his best attempt at an Australian accent: "Honestly, mate, chuck on a North Face. Sun's out, chuck on a North Face."

"You know what? I'm near the beach but it's sunny, I'll put a North Face jacket on as well," he goes on to say.

Olan makes another hilarious remark while the camera is zoomed in on a man who is out enjoying a coffee and a stroll by Bondi beach: "Ooh, coffee? North Face."

Following that, the TikTok video displays a clip of a man jogging along the shore, and Olan can be heard saying, "Ooh, I just want to go for a quick jog. North Face again."

Olan, perplexed by his own observations, poses a question to his viewers: "What is wrong with you Australians?"

yneJ-pWXD3h_kKUV5R6VV_x8zS6sCGGwOBKg-AGLCTAmWWgvYk8SqOaaemR9CZ2c9VO26zLAEhJea5B5DG2vNe0BcsSrcwmFKiHSESnmSbhYxh8J_AdogJJGF2j5g-wPoj2W_d-twY815rnFlQ

While out for a morning stroll and coffee, one cosy man was unknowingly targeted for wearing a North Face jacket. Credit: TikTok/@olantekkers.

On the other hand, it appears that his audience does not think there is anything wrong or inappropriate about the selection of clothing.

"We're used to 30 degrees, but it's like 19 degrees out here," one person commented, with a second one adding, "The sun makes no difference; if the temperature is below 25 degrees, it is COLD."

A third user reasoned out, "I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you're cold, you're cold, whether you're in Sydney, Hawaii, or London. Northface jackets are known for their warmth."

As winter sets in, there will be a long cold spell across the country. Last weekend, temperatures began dropping in some states to as low as 2 degrees.

The Bureau of Meteorology said that Canberra has some of the coldest weather in all of Australia. On Saturday morning, the lowest temperature was 2 degrees. Over the weekend, the temperature in Sydney dropped to at least 10 degrees.

The Bureau said that the cold front would keep moving through NSW and Victoria into next week. By Thursday of next week, it will reach Queensland.

Stay safe and warm, folks!

Sponsored
Sunshine Coast,
British ex-pat mocks Aussies' reaction to winter weather in Bondi: "What is wrong with you?"

A British ex-pat has made light of the fact that people in Sydney are braving temperatures below 10 degrees Celsius by going out in similar-looking dark-coloured puffer jackets.

Daniel Olaniran, better known by his TikTok handle, @olantekkers, is originally from the United Kingdom but has called Australia home for more than two years.

It is clear that the former professional footballer has plenty of experience with the chilly training sessions that are common in England. This is probably why he finds it amusing that Australians are so obsessed with mountain wear brands like North Face and Kathmandu as soon as the weather starts to turn cold.

0ElkrpUZeBwbD0f-XQus4mGLmGmdp8FVfHuvoj85TLaZcsPtyIaUMiDQtjgXj_0IIcMapYKURD9UKDjGTz4mivv9GLmNQ57UZ6xHyR35humYAmdkSpAzsgyKxH1DqJ8WyDHjV9Il2CgeR35kFQ

Olan couldn't help but wonder if there was something 'wrong' with Aussies. Credit: TikTok/@olantekkers.

When Olan was filming some unsuspecting locals in Bondi on a sunny winter day, he brought attention to the fact that many of them had chosen to wear a North Face puffer or windbreaker in order to protect themselves from the chilly breeze.

Olan then continues, speaking with his best attempt at an Australian accent: "Honestly, mate, chuck on a North Face. Sun's out, chuck on a North Face."

"You know what? I'm near the beach but it's sunny, I'll put a North Face jacket on as well," he goes on to say.

Olan makes another hilarious remark while the camera is zoomed in on a man who is out enjoying a coffee and a stroll by Bondi beach: "Ooh, coffee? North Face."

Following that, the TikTok video displays a clip of a man jogging along the shore, and Olan can be heard saying, "Ooh, I just want to go for a quick jog. North Face again."

Olan, perplexed by his own observations, poses a question to his viewers: "What is wrong with you Australians?"

yneJ-pWXD3h_kKUV5R6VV_x8zS6sCGGwOBKg-AGLCTAmWWgvYk8SqOaaemR9CZ2c9VO26zLAEhJea5B5DG2vNe0BcsSrcwmFKiHSESnmSbhYxh8J_AdogJJGF2j5g-wPoj2W_d-twY815rnFlQ

While out for a morning stroll and coffee, one cosy man was unknowingly targeted for wearing a North Face jacket. Credit: TikTok/@olantekkers.

On the other hand, it appears that his audience does not think there is anything wrong or inappropriate about the selection of clothing.

"We're used to 30 degrees, but it's like 19 degrees out here," one person commented, with a second one adding, "The sun makes no difference; if the temperature is below 25 degrees, it is COLD."

A third user reasoned out, "I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you're cold, you're cold, whether you're in Sydney, Hawaii, or London. Northface jackets are known for their warmth."

As winter sets in, there will be a long cold spell across the country. Last weekend, temperatures began dropping in some states to as low as 2 degrees.

The Bureau of Meteorology said that Canberra has some of the coldest weather in all of Australia. On Saturday morning, the lowest temperature was 2 degrees. Over the weekend, the temperature in Sydney dropped to at least 10 degrees.

The Bureau said that the cold front would keep moving through NSW and Victoria into next week. By Thursday of next week, it will reach Queensland.

Sunshine Coast, frost on the grass, cold wind (3 degrees ), clear skies and sunshine. Think I’ll wear my shorts and thongs today.

Things have changed since I came to Australia over 39 years ago. We thought Aussies were totally mad for wearing jumpers, ugg boots ...and shorts!! The first year we were here there was a dusting of snow in the south of WA and people were flocking down to see it dressed in their thongs!! I have since acclimatised and now rug up with the best of them!!:)

Reactions: Big G

I have to ask myself , wearing a “North Face” jacket but nothing on the legs? 🤔

Boy, these people must be supporters of Dan Andrews - North Face !!!!!!! - we have trouble purchasing a basic jacket - well, good ad for them, also take into account - Bondi Beach, Sydney - money !!!!!!!

Reactions: Ricci