Bride-To-Be Saves Hundreds On ‘Stunning’ Engagement Party With Amazing Kmart Tricks!

Weddings are a timeless celebration of love, bringing together families and friends to witness two individuals commit to spending their lives together.

For some of our members, their wedding day may have been years ago, but their memories of that special day remain vivid.

As they look back on their preparations for the big day, they may marvel at how much has changed and reflect on the customs and traditions that have withstood the test of time.

Once upon a time, weddings were celebrated in a simple and modest way, with families and friends gathering to bless the couple.

There were no extravagant venues or fancy catering services. Instead, the focus was on the union of two people and the joy of sharing the moment with loved ones.
However, things have changed drastically over the years.

In recent years, weddings have become extravagant, with couples spending huge amounts of money on engagement parties, receptions, and other ceremonies.

Everyone desires an aesthetically pleasing and chic celebration, but not every budget can accommodate such lavishness.

Luckily, genius money-savers who know their way around a budget shop can pull off amazing features for a fraction of the cost.

358d7660-b70b-11ed-bfea-07af030b2865

A bride-to-be organised a ‘posh-looking’ engagement party using Kmart items. Credit: Instagram/@thisisgenevieve.

Take this Kmart fan, who managed to save hundreds of dollars off her engagement party but still has a sophisticated and beautiful event!

Genevieve from Canberra took to Instagram to share her ‘do it yourself’ engagement party setup, and we were stunned at how chic and elegant it looked – especially knowing how much it cost.

Starting her decor with basics like candles and vases, Genevieve saved money with Kmart items starting from only $6.50.

Her go-to Kmart items included the Glass Tealight Holder (for $6.50) and Unscented Candles (12 pack, $7). She also used the Brass Look Glass Pillar Candle Holder ($8) to create a unique look along her table setting.

The Urn Shaped Vase ($15) was also a favourite of Genevieve’s and truly polished off the look. With a little extra creativity, Genevieve even used the two-tier Rimmed Pillar Serving Stand ($29) to hold her custom cookies and party favours.

She wrote in a post on Instagram: ‘Honestly can someone take me back to this night, please?! So grateful to finally celebrate our engagement with our friends and family.’

‘Also couldn't do it without my @kmartaus fam, going above and beyond to help me style it!’

Other users were equally impressed, with many commenting about how ‘stunning’ the setup was.

One person raved: ‘Everything was incredible!’

‘I love everything about this!’ another wrote.

Genevieve isn’t the only party host using Kmart goodies to save huge cash.

One woman reported she had managed to create amazing bouquets and decorate an entire wedding reception for a mere $38 worth of Kmart items!

358d4f50-b70b-11ed-bf75-97f3f1d171d9

Others shared similar experiences of saving money and decorating their wedding venue using Kmart items. Credit: Facebook.

‘I thought I would share what my matron of honour and I did with $38 worth of flowers from Kmart,’ she wrote in a post.

‘We pulled apart six bunches, made two bouquets, and decorated the cake and the reception.’

Key Takeaways
  • Weddings and celebrations have become more extravagant affairs, with couples spending huge amounts of money on them.
  • Kmart fan Genevieve saved hundreds of dollars off her engagement party with basic items starting from $6.50.
  • Other Kmart fans have created bouquets and decorations for an entire wedding reception for a mere $38 worth of items.
  • If you need to plan a budget-friendly event, be creative, and you will be surprised at the things you can do on a limited budget.

Members, this is just another great example of how you can get the look you want without breaking the bank!

If you ever need to plan a party or event, get creative, and you'll be surprised at the gorgeous things you can do on a limited budget.

Do you have other tips on how to plan a budget-friendly event? Better yet, do you remember how much you spent on your engagement or wedding back in the day? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Weddings are a timeless celebration of love, bringing together families and friends to witness two individuals commit to spending their lives together.

For some of our members, their wedding day may have been years ago, but their memories of that special day remain vivid.

As they look back on their preparations for the big day, they may marvel at how much has changed and reflect on the customs and traditions that have withstood the test of time.

Once upon a time, weddings were celebrated in a simple and modest way, with families and friends gathering to bless the couple.

There were no extravagant venues or fancy catering services. Instead, the focus was on the union of two people and the joy of sharing the moment with loved ones.
However, things have changed drastically over the years.

In recent years, weddings have become extravagant, with couples spending huge amounts of money on engagement parties, receptions, and other ceremonies.

Everyone desires an aesthetically pleasing and chic celebration, but not every budget can accommodate such lavishness.

Luckily, genius money-savers who know their way around a budget shop can pull off amazing features for a fraction of the cost.

358d7660-b70b-11ed-bfea-07af030b2865

A bride-to-be organised a ‘posh-looking’ engagement party using Kmart items. Credit: Instagram/@thisisgenevieve.

Take this Kmart fan, who managed to save hundreds of dollars off her engagement party but still has a sophisticated and beautiful event!

Genevieve from Canberra took to Instagram to share her ‘do it yourself’ engagement party setup, and we were stunned at how chic and elegant it looked – especially knowing how much it cost.

Starting her decor with basics like candles and vases, Genevieve saved money with Kmart items starting from only $6.50.

Her go-to Kmart items included the Glass Tealight Holder (for $6.50) and Unscented Candles (12 pack, $7). She also used the Brass Look Glass Pillar Candle Holder ($8) to create a unique look along her table setting.

The Urn Shaped Vase ($15) was also a favourite of Genevieve’s and truly polished off the look. With a little extra creativity, Genevieve even used the two-tier Rimmed Pillar Serving Stand ($29) to hold her custom cookies and party favours.

She wrote in a post on Instagram: ‘Honestly can someone take me back to this night, please?! So grateful to finally celebrate our engagement with our friends and family.’

‘Also couldn't do it without my @kmartaus fam, going above and beyond to help me style it!’

Other users were equally impressed, with many commenting about how ‘stunning’ the setup was.

One person raved: ‘Everything was incredible!’

‘I love everything about this!’ another wrote.

Genevieve isn’t the only party host using Kmart goodies to save huge cash.

One woman reported she had managed to create amazing bouquets and decorate an entire wedding reception for a mere $38 worth of Kmart items!

358d4f50-b70b-11ed-bf75-97f3f1d171d9

Others shared similar experiences of saving money and decorating their wedding venue using Kmart items. Credit: Facebook.

‘I thought I would share what my matron of honour and I did with $38 worth of flowers from Kmart,’ she wrote in a post.

‘We pulled apart six bunches, made two bouquets, and decorated the cake and the reception.’

Key Takeaways

• Weddings and celebrations have become more extravagant affairs, with couples spending huge amounts of money on them.
  • Kmart fan Genevieve saved hundreds of dollars off her engagement party with basic items starting from $6.50.
  • Other Kmart fans have created bouquets and decorations for an entire wedding reception for a mere $38 worth of items.
  • If you need to plan a budget-friendly event, be creative, and you will be surprised at the things you can do on a limited budget.

Members, this is just another great example of how you can get the look you want without breaking the bank!

If you ever need to plan a party or event, get creative, and you'll be surprised at the gorgeous things you can do on a limited budget.

Do you have other tips on how to plan a budget-friendly event? Better yet, do you remember how much you spent on your engagement or wedding back in the day? Share them with us in the comments below!
My daughter loves entertaining whether it’s her friends for a high tea or for our family Christmas and Easter Days. And it’s all done with mostly Kmart decorations for tables and drink station.