Bride’s outrageous plan to fund wedding shocks internet

We’ve all heard tales of couples going to extreme lengths to pay for their dream wedding.

But this bride’s plan to fund hers has raised more than a few eyebrows…and the ire of many online.

So, what exactly did she do?

In a post shared on a popular wedding Facebook group, the bride requested ‘stress-relieving tips’, explaining that she and her fiancé had been forced to turn to some unconventional methods in order to fund their upcoming ceremony.

The couple tried to use a side hustle to cover costs and decided to ‘breed their dog and sell the puppies’. In Australia, it is illegal to breed dogs without a licence. Though the requirements and application process vary by state, many organisations offer help so people can become ethical breeders.

bride1.jpg
The couple asked for some ‘stress-relieving tips’ online. Credit: Oleksandr Pidvalnyi/Pexels

‘Does anyone have any tips for wedding stress? We decided to breed our dog and use the sale of puppies to fund our wedding,’ the bride explained before adding that the couple has been very ‘budget-friendly’ the entire time.

She added that their wedding now costs $14,000 and they still owe $6,000 to the venue, but the puppies haven’t been sold yet.

‘We’re less than three months out and I’m stressing to the point my hair is literally falling out and I’ve got an actual bald patch.’

Her post was met with outrage and criticism online, and she was quickly labelled as ‘disgusting’ and ‘exploitative’.

‘This just upsets me. They are animals. Make something else to sell to pay for the wedding or budget accordingly,’ shared one.

wedding.jpg
The couple said they still owed their venue $6,000. Credit: Asad Photo Maldives/Pexels

Another commented: ‘Here’s a tip: Don’t use living things as a means of funding your wedding unless you know what you’re doing. Get a job. Leave the breeding of animals to the professionals.’

Another wrote that they felt like ‘puking’.

‘I hate people,’ they added.

Someone else suggested that the pair stop spending money they don’t have.

Others couldn’t help but take a jab at how the bride was losing her hair over the situation.

‘I’m not an animal person but this is disgusting! Her hair falling out is karma,’ one commented.

Another admitted they felt happy the bride has a bald patch due to stress. ‘Is this feeling wrong?’ The same person added.

‘Not at all,’ someone responded. ‘I hope all her hair falls out,’ a third wrote.

Someone even wished that the bride’s stress would get worse. ‘That’s how much I hate people who exploit animals,’ they said.

While your stance on the couple’s issue may vary, what’s important is to be aware of the implications that overbreeding or overpopulation of animals can bring to your local community. When an animal is bred and continues to reproduce, the population of animals can quickly increase. This makes it harder for people to control their population, as stray dogs or cats can freely roam about and reproduce.

Also, puppy farming is highly controversial. Dogs are kept in intensive breeding facilities and may be subjected to abuse, such as over-breeding, overcrowding, and other health complications.
Key Takeaways

• A bride has come under fire for attempting to use a side hustle of 'breeding their dog' to cover their wedding costs.
  • The bride's request for sympathy and 'stress-relieving tips' in a popular wedding Facebook group, was labelled as 'disgusting and exploitative'.
  • Group members were outraged by the bride's decision to use her dog in this cruel manner, with many highlighting how the bride deserved the stress she was under.
  • Several group members expressed that they were glad the bride was experiencing negative consequences, with one person suggesting they hoped ‘all her hair falls out’.
What are your thoughts on this story? Do you think the bride went too far? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
A Canadian friend of mine says over there they do a pre-wedding party as a fund raiser for the wedding. I was really amused when she said the party is called a shag. Imagine here in Australia telling everyone .... my daughters getting married, come on round for a shag before her wedding next Saturday.

a shag - Urban Dictionary

https://www.urbandictionary.com › define › term=a shag

Shag. A party held befor a wedding in order to raise money. This term is mainly used in northern Ont. Canada (thunder Bay).

We’ve all heard tales of couples going to extreme lengths to pay for their dream wedding.

But this bride’s plan to fund hers has raised more than a few eyebrows…and the ire of many online.

In a post shared on a popular wedding Facebook group, the bride requested ‘stress-relieving tips’, explaining that she and her fiancé had been forced to turn to some unconventional methods in order to fund their upcoming ceremony.

The couple tried to use a side hustle to cover costs and decided to ‘breed their dog and sell the puppies’. In Australia, it is illegal to breed dogs without a licence. Though the requirements and application process vary by state, many organisations offer help so people can become ethical breeders.

View attachment 12342
The couple asked for some ‘stress-relieving tips’ online. Credit: Oleksandr Pidvalnyi/Pexels

‘Does anyone have any tips for wedding stress? We decided to breed our dog and use the sale of puppies to fund our wedding,’ the bride explained before adding that the couple has been very ‘budget-friendly’ the entire time.

She added that their wedding now costs $14,000 and they still owe $6,000 to the venue, but the puppies haven’t been sold yet.

‘We’re less than three months out and I’m stressing to the point my hair is literally falling out and I’ve got an actual bald patch.’

Her post was met with outrage and criticism online, and she was quickly labelled as ‘disgusting’ and ‘exploitative’.

‘This just upsets me. They are animals. Make something else to sell to pay for the wedding or budget accordingly,’ shared one.

View attachment 12343
The couple said they still owed their venue $6,000. Credit: Asad Photo Maldives/Pexels

Another commented: ‘Here’s a tip: Don’t use living things as a means of funding your wedding unless you know what you’re doing. Get a job. Leave the breeding of animals to the professionals.’

Others couldn’t help but take a jab at how the bride was losing her hair over the situation.

‘I’m not an animal person but this is disgusting! Her hair falling out is karma,’ one commented.

Another admitted they felt happy the bride has a bald patch due to stress. ‘Is this feeling wrong?’ The same person added.

‘Not at all,’ someone responded. ‘I hope all her hair falls out,’ a third wrote.

Someone even wished that the bride’s stress would get worse. ‘That’s how much I hate people who exploit animals,’ they said.

While your stance on the couple’s issue may vary, what’s important is to be aware of the implications that overbreeding or overpopulation of animals can bring to your local community. When an animal is bred and continues to reproduce, the population of animals can quickly increase. This makes it harder for people to control their population, as stray dogs or cats can freely roam about and reproduce.

Also, puppy farming is highly controversial. Dogs are kept in intensive breeding facilities and may be subjected to abuse, such as over-breeding, overcrowding, and other health complications.
Key Takeaways

• A bride has come under fire for attempting to use a side hustle of 'breeding their dog' to cover their wedding costs.
  • The bride's request for sympathy and 'stress-relieving tips' in a popular wedding Facebook group, was labelled as 'disgusting and exploitative'.
  • Group members were outraged by the bride's decision to use her dog in this cruel manner, with many highlighting how the bride deserved the stress she was under.
  • Several group members expressed that they were glad the bride was experiencing negative consequences, with one person suggesting they hoped ‘all her hair falls out’.
What are your thoughts on this story? Do you think the bride went too far? Let us know in the comments!
Yes I am disgusted on how they want to cover their wedding.
I married in my back yard, only close friends & family (15) in total, didn't want presents, BYO spirits & nothing over the top in total cost of our beautiful day including my dress, food in which we did & plenty of it /music/celebrant was under $1000. They could do the same or similar......

View attachment 12342

View attachment 12343

Key Takeaways

Here is a suggestion . What is more important ? A big , flashy wedding , a holiday or a home . My wife and I had a $2500 wedding , stopped going out all the time for coffee , etc , and in 2 years , had a deposit for a house . when we moved in , we began building a fence , levelling the yard and digging gardens , concreting driveways etc , we started to have fun . After we got on our feet , we renewed our wedding vows and had a lovely wedding reception . We now own our home after 15 years , and are reaping the benefit of our hard work .

Here is a suggestion . What is more important ? A big , flashy wedding , a holiday or a home . My wife and I had a $2500 wedding , stopped going out all the time for coffee , etc , and in 2 years , had a deposit for a house . when we moved in , we began building a fence , levelling the yard and digging gardens , concreting driveways etc , we started to have fun . After we got on our feet , we renewed our wedding vows and had a lovely wedding reception . We now own our home after 15 years , and are reaping the benefit of our hard work .
There should be more of them.

That is a shocking thing to even think of doing,,,,obviously they don't care about their dog to much,,,weddings cost an arm and a leg today and every couple is entitled to a memorable one but if you can't afford it don't do heartless things like this girl,,,,there are many ways to overcome costs,,,hire a wedding dress ,bridesmaid dresses,mens suits,,ask friends if they would use their cars for the wedding party ,,,do table centres and decorations yourself,,

These days, a wedding is all about “Image”………expensive gown, venue, the best to be compatible to their peers!!
If the couple can afford, that’s their choice, but going to the extent of something like breading dogs to pay for the wedding or anything similar makes no sense to me.
That’s the love and the union between two people that matters, not the party or food or place. Today all is a show of display and some people get in big debt to make sure of that!! What a start of a marriage 😩😩

Do only what you can afford. Why use animals like this

My daughters wedding is in June and
my daughter is peeved off due to her inlaws adding all these extra friends plus RSVP from aunts RSVP for not just them and their daughter but they added a name to the RSVP their daughters boyfriend. This was two of my daughters aunts .

She is paying the wedding herself at $240 a head , she wanted 80 people and it's blown out to 120 because of inlaws and fiance .

View attachment 12342

View attachment 12343

Key Takeaways

If you can't afford the dress than buy a cheaper one. No one really needs a $14000 wedding dress. Stop using your dog as an ATM. It's a living animal and probably still loves you despite your mistreatment. Grow up and be real.

View attachment 12342

View attachment 12343

Key Takeaways

my daughter is peeved off due to her inlaws adding all these extra friends plus RSVP from aunts RSVP for not just them and their daughter but they added a name to the RSVP their daughters boyfriend. This was two of my daughters aunts .

She is paying the wedding herself at $240 a head , she wanted 80 people and it's blown out to 120 because of inlaws and fiance .
Maybe she needs to give the future in laws the bill for the extra guests she neither wants or can afford.

I've got a tip.
It you can't afford a ridiculously expensive wedding, DON'T HAVE ONE.
I paid for much of my wedding, back in the days of the bride's parents covering the cost. If I could not afford something, then I changed my approach. It ended up a great event at a reasonable price.
All this stuff about coming up with black market puppy selling is something worthy of everyone's indignation and should be swiftly dealt with by authorities. I hate the idea of people using innocent animals in that way and if I knew her personally, she would most likely regret the day I met her. There must be a way of stopping this.
I am at a loss to comprehend any justification for spending the kind of money that is in the mix here. Good luck coming up with the deposit on a house.

Reactions: Ricci
These days, a wedding is all about “Image”………expensive gown, venue, the best to be compatible to their peers!!
If the couple can afford, that’s their choice, but going to the extent of something like breading dogs to pay for the wedding or anything similar makes no sense to me.
That’s the love and the union between two people that matters, not the party or food or place. Today all is a show of display and some people get in big debt to make sure of that!! What a start of a marriage 😩😩
Yep, you've said it.
What a start to a marriage.
You wonder as to why so many marriages (UNLIKE IN THE OLD DAYS. for richer for poorrer inlcuded), don't last that long.

That is a shocking thing to even think of doing,,,,obviously they don't care about their dog to much,,,weddings cost an arm and a leg today and every couple is entitled to a memorable one but if you can't afford it don't do heartless things like this girl,,,,there are many ways to overcome costs,,,hire a wedding dress ,bridesmaid dresses,mens suits,,ask friends if they would use their cars for the wedding party ,,,do table centres and decorations yourself,,
So true. Well said but that "USED TO" apply once upon a time.

Good luck to her. She lives with principles by the sound of things.

Reactions: Ricci