Breaking: iCloud outage affects Apple users worldwide

In a world where we rely heavily on technology, a sudden disruption can cause a ripple effect of inconvenience and frustration.

This was the case on Wednesday morning when Apple's iCloud Mail crashed, causing a global outage that left many users unable to send, receive, or access their emails.

Apple, the tech giant known for its sleek and innovative technology, confirmed the outage at 6:31 am.

'Users may be unable to send, receive or access mail,' the company stated in a notice.

SDC 20.png
Apple's iCloud Mail reportedly crashed, causing a global outage of the service. Image source: Shutterstock.

The issue was reportedly resolved by 8:38 am, but not before causing a wave of frustration among its users.

But it wasn't just the iCloud Mail that was affected.

Apple also reported issues with iCloud Web Apps, which impacted some users.

The outage sparked a flurry of complaints on social media platforms, with users expressing their irritation and concern.

'iCloud is down, and I'm expecting an important email. This is so irritating,' one user lamented.

Another pointed out: 'iCloud services are currently down, marking the third outage in just four days. Users are reporting issues with iCloud Mail and the iCloud website.'

For those unfamiliar with the term, iCloud is Apple's cloud storage and cloud computing service.

Launched in 2011, it allows users to store data such as documents, photos, and music on remote servers for download to iOS, macOS, or Windows devices.

It also enables users to share and send data to other users and manage their Apple devices if lost or stolen through Find My.

From personal to professional use, iCloud plays a crucial role in storing and securing data.

An outage not only disrupts communication but also raises concerns about data security.

In similar news, scammers are taking advantage of the outage anger by targeting Optus customers with a new phishing scam.

The recent nationwide Optus outage left millions of Aussies without phone and internet service for over 13 hours.

With widespread disruptions to triple zero emergency services, small businesses, and more, demand for compensation from the telco giant is rapidly growing.

However, authorities have warned all Optus users to beware of a text message claiming to offer compensation for the disruption.

You can read more about this here.
Key Takeaways
  • Apple iCloud Mail experienced a global outage, affecting users' ability to send, receive, or access mail.
  • The issue began on January 31, Wednesday morning, and was resolved by Apple as of 8:38 am the same day.
  • iCloud Web Apps also faced issues during this time, but these were subsequently resolved as well.
  • Frustrated users voiced their complaints on social media, with some reporting it was the third outage in just four days, causing issues with iCloud Mail and the iCloud website.
Have you experienced any issues with iCloud recently? Share your experiences and tips for dealing with outages in the comments below.

• Angry
Reactions: Petra and BJM
Sponsored
I have an Apple phone and iPad. Am going to be buying an Apple Watch in the next few days. Yay for Apple! 😉
But that’s the beauty of choice. 👍🏻
Silly you. Crapple products are over priced, over rated piece of rubbish. You are wasting your money and buying products designed to spy on you. Good luck with that one!

• Angry
Reactions: PattiB
Silly you. Crapple products are over priced, over rated piece of rubbish. You are wasting your money and buying products designed to spy on you. Good luck with that one!
I don’t think I’m silly at all. I’ve had android products before and have had Apple products for about 8 years now. I base my decisions on personal experience and not follow the crowd or whatever is trendy. I’ve not had any reason to believe that I’m being spied on and have only had genuinely good experiences with Apple.
Can you claim the same that you’ve used Android and Apple products to base your personal opinion? Or have you jumped on the anti-Apple bandwagon? No reply necessary. It really doesn’t matter to me.

• Love
I find it very interesting that those of us with iPhones etc have simply stated that we like Apple products whereas android users have done nothing but attack us for our choices. Obviously you don’t agree with our right to have whatever we prefer. if you believe Apple are spying on us (I don’t) you can guarantee all of the others will be also, and have you ever compared prices of iPhones & some android’s, eg. Samsung? Read some comments out to my son (TECHNOLOGY EXPERT) & I bet he’s still laughing and will again when he shares with his work colleagues.

Reactions: DLHM
I don’t think I’m silly at all. I’ve had android products before and have had Apple products for about 8 years now. I base my decisions on personal experience and not follow the crowd or whatever is trendy. I’ve not had any reason to believe that I’m being spied on and have only had genuinely good experiences with Apple.
Can you claim the same that you’ve used Android and Apple products to base your personal opinion? Or have you jumped on the anti-Apple bandwagon? No reply necessary. It really doesn’t matter to me.
You’re not silly at all DLHM and neither am I! My boy is still laughing about some of the comments made by android users who probably have never had the luxury of using an iPhone, iPad etc. he loved the spying one & said if one does it so will the rest. I love how they firmly believe in free choice. Like you I don’t care what others have but I have friends & family who are constantly complaining about their phones & tablets being difficult to use especially when they get a new one. Don’t you love how our Apple things all sync together? We certainly do. Good luck with your new watch, I don’t have one yet but my husband loves his.

• Love
Reactions: DLHM
You’re not silly at all DLHM and neither am I! My boy is still laughing about some of the comments made by android users who probably have never had the luxury of using an iPhone, iPad etc. he loved the spying one & said if one does it so will the rest. I love how they firmly believe in free choice. Like you I don’t care what others have but I have friends & family who are constantly complaining about their phones & tablets being difficult to use especially when they get a new one. Don’t you love how our Apple things all sync together? We certainly do. Good luck with your new watch, I don’t have one yet but my husband loves his.
Thank you @PattiB. 👍🏻

You’re generalising again @gamiry. Not everyone using mobile phones in public are speechless zombies.
No not everyone but at least 60% of people with mobiles walk around not looking where ther going.Talk far too loud in supermarkets you can heat them 3 aisles away,and at a coffee or lunch break time nobody talks to each other.Saw that in a cafe the other day -----Sad

No not everyone but at least 60% of people with mobiles walk around not looking where ther going.Talk far too loud in supermarkets you can heat them 3 aisles away,and at a coffee or lunch break time nobody talks to each other.Saw that in a cafe the other day -----Sad
People don’t need to be using mobile phones to speak loudly. Most of the loud people I’ve observed have not been speaking on phones.

• Haha