85 grams rolled oats - Note #1
45 grams shredded coconut - Note #2
85 grams self raising flour - sifted
175 grams dried apricots - chopped
70 grams brown sugar

Note #1 Do not use instant oats
Note #2 Do not use desiccated coconut - will make slice dense

Method:

1. Preheat oven to moderate 180.C Fan Forced. Lightly grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of oan.
2. In a small saucepan, combine butter, dates and honey. Bring to boil on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 minute.
3. In a large bowl, combine cornflakes, oats, coconut, flour, apricots and sugar. Pour butter mixture over cornflake mixture, blending until combined.
4. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 15 - w20 minutes, until golden.
5. Cool in pan. Cut into squares. Store in airtight container.

Top Tip
This slice is best cut while still slightly warm!!

I personally cut into large oblongs, have also made them the size of a muesli bar..
Great for breakfast on the run…

Recipe is originally from The Woman’s Day, September 8th 2008

35935-IMG_3834.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Ingredients:

125 grams unsalted butter
175 grams dates - chopped
2 tablespoons honey
35 grams cornflakes
70 grams brown sugar

Method:

1. Preheat oven to moderate 180.C Fan Forced. Lightly grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of oan.
2. In a small saucepan, combine butter, dates and honey. Bring to boil on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 minute.
3. In a large bowl, combine cornflakes, oats, coconut, flour, apricots and sugar. Pour butter mixture over cornflake mixture, blending until combined.
4. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 15 - w20 minutes, until golden.

Top Tip

I personally cut into large oblongs, have also made them the size of a muesli bar..

View attachment 35977
Looks really yummo Bullwinkle. Well done. I have put the ingredients already on my shopping list. Thank you. Take care.

How do you know people don’t make thier recipes just because they don’t skite like some people.🤣
Spell check it's spelt their , sorry only because you were rude to me.

There is only one person on here that post recipes which I'm sure she has NEVER made and loads of people agree.

Please more recipes from @Bullwinkle @Penny4 and all the other amazing home cooks on here

Ingredients:

125 grams unsalted butter
175 grams dates - chopped
2 tablespoons honey
35 grams cornflakes
70 grams brown sugar

Method:

Top Tip

View attachment 35977
Thanks Bullwinkle, it is nice to read a delicious recipe written suitably for its market. Something not every contributor manages.

I sent this recipe to my daughter on Tuesday and she cooked it yesterday and said hubby and her 16 year old daughter loved it.
She said to say thank you !