Breakfast Egg Muffins (Frittata

spinach and feta egg muffins on blue plate with berries in background.

Image & Recipe Source: Sally's Baking Addiction
Do you meal prep? I try to when I can, but life usually gets in the way. When I have time (and my act together!), I usually bake a batch of chicken meatballs, breakfast cookies, and today’s egg muffins. That way, we have a lunch option, plus a couple of healthy breakfast/snack options on hand. Today’s egg muffins keep really well, and just like when you make a breakfast casserole or frittata, you can customize the flavour by choosing different add-ins. Make the spinach and pepper version in the recipe card below, try the ham and cheese version detailed in the recipe Notes, or mix things up to discover your own favourite version!

You’ll Love These Egg Muffins Because:​

• Quick & easy meal prep recipe that makes for quicker and easier breakfasts all week
  • Protein-packed, healthy

egg muffins in white serving dish.

How to Make the Best Egg Muffins (Trust Me, I Tested!)​

• Seasonings: Salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder are the flavour enhancers!
  • Add-Ins: I included bell peppers, tomatoes, and spinach in the recipe below, but you can choose whatever vegetables you like. I also have a ham and cheese version detailed in the recipe Notes.
  • Cheese: Use whatever type of cheese you enjoy best with eggs. My favourite is crumbled feta, followed closely by shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

feta cheese, red pepper, and spinach piled in muffin pan.

See below: spinach, pepper, tomato, + feta version on the left and ham + cheddar version on the right.

egg mixture poured in cupcake pan with various add-ins in each.

The egg muffins take about 20 minutes to bake. Expect them to rise up really tall while they bake, like a soufflé, and look kind of uneven and wonky. Embrace the wonkiness; I promise it’s ok. 😉 The egg muffins deflate as they cool.

frittata muffins shown in muffin pan.

What to Serve With Egg Muffins​

These breakfast bites are egg-cellent on their own, or alongside fresh fruit or a smoothie. I also love them served with salsa and avocado, or sprinkled with chopped parsley and chives, grated parmesan cheese, or a pinch of red pepper flakes.

Breakfast Egg Muffins (Frittata)​

• Prep Time: 15 minutes
  • Cook Time: 20 minutes
  • Total Time: 35 minutes
  • Yield: 12

Description​

If it’s healthy grab-and-go morning fuel you’re after, try these easy breakfast egg muffins. Have fun using different add-ins and cheeses, and see recipe Notes for make-ahead, freezing, and reheating details.

Ingredients​

• 8 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup (80ml) whole milk or half-and-half (or nondairy milk)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3/4 cup (120g) finely chopped bell pepper (any color)
  • 1/2 cup (83g) finely chopped tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup (15g) finely chopped fresh spinach (or kale)
  • 3/4 cup (100g) crumbled feta cheese
  • optional for garnish: chopped parsley or chives, grated parmesan cheese, or red pepper flakes

Instructions​

1. Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Spray a 12-count muffin pan generously with nonstick spray. I don’t recommend using muffin liners, but if you’d like to, spray them generously with nonstick spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, preferably one with a pour spout, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder just until combined. Try not to over-mix, or too much air will be incorporated. You will have about 2 cups.
  3. Spoon the chopped bell pepper, spinach, and/or other add-ins into each greased muffin cup—about 2 Tablespoons in each. Spoon 1 Tablespoon of cheese on top of each.
  4. Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup, filling about 3/4 full (just over the top of the add-ins and cheese).
  5. Bake for 18–20 minutes or until puffy and golden brown around the edges. The muffins rise up tall while baking, and don’t be alarmed if they are rising unevenly—that’s ok.
  6. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. The muffins deflate as they cool.
  7. Remove the egg muffins from the pan, and either serve immediately or cool completely and store in the refrigerator or freezer (see Notes). Add optional garnishes when serving, if desired.
My mango salsa should go well with this was posted on here by me

Attachments

• breakfast-egg-muffins-2.jpg
    breakfast-egg-muffins-2.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ham-egg-muffins-1024x1536.jpg
    ham-egg-muffins-1024x1536.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sponsored

Do you meal prep? I try to when I can, but life usually gets in the way. When I have time (and my act together!), I usually bake a batch of chicken meatballs, breakfast cookies, and today’s egg muffins. That way, we have a lunch option, plus a couple of healthy breakfast/snack options on hand. Today’s egg muffins keep really well, and just like when you make a breakfast casserole or frittata, you can customize the flavour by choosing different add-ins. Make the spinach and pepper version in the recipe card below, try the ham and cheese version detailed in the recipe Notes, or mix things up to discover your own favourite version!

• Quick & easy meal prep recipe that makes for quicker and easier breakfasts all week

• Seasonings: Salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder are the flavour enhancers!
  • Add-Ins: I included bell peppers, tomatoes, and spinach in the recipe below, but you can choose whatever vegetables you like. I also have a ham and cheese version detailed in the recipe Notes.
  • Cheese: Use whatever type of cheese you enjoy best with eggs. My favourite is crumbled feta, followed closely by shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

See below: spinach, pepper, tomato, + feta version on the left and ham + cheddar version on the right.

The egg muffins take about 20 minutes to bake. Expect them to rise up really tall while they bake, like a soufflé, and look kind of uneven and wonky. Embrace the wonkiness; I promise it’s ok. 😉 The egg muffins deflate as they cool.

These breakfast bites are egg-cellent on their own, or alongside fresh fruit or a smoothie. I also love them served with salsa and avocado, or sprinkled with chopped parsley and chives, grated parmesan cheese, or a pinch of red pepper flakes.

Description​

If it’s healthy grab-and-go morning fuel you’re after, try these easy breakfast egg muffins. Have fun using different add-ins and cheeses, and see recipe Notes for make-ahead, freezing, and reheating details.

Ingredients​

• 8 large eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • optional for garnish: chopped parsley or chives, grated parmesan cheese, or red pepper flakes

Instructions​

1. Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Spray a 12-count muffin pan generously with nonstick spray. I don’t recommend using muffin liners, but if you’d like to, spray them generously with nonstick spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, preferably one with a pour spout, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder just until combined. Try not to over-mix, or too much air will be incorporated. You will have about 2 cups.
  3. Spoon the chopped bell pepper, spinach, and/or other add-ins into each greased muffin cup—about 2 Tablespoons in each. Spoon 1 Tablespoon of cheese on top of each.
  4. Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup, filling about 3/4 full (just over the top of the add-ins and cheese).
  5. Bake for 18–20 minutes or until puffy and golden brown around the edges. The muffins rise up tall while baking, and don’t be alarmed if they are rising unevenly—that’s ok.
  6. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. The muffins deflate as they cool.
  7. Remove the egg muffins from the pan, and either serve immediately or cool completely and store in the refrigerator or freezer (see Notes). Add optional garnishes when serving, if desired.
Thank you Babybird, looks so yumy. Definitely be making these. Take care.

Reactions: Babybird

Description​

Ingredients​

• 8 large eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions​

These are great. And probably freeze well too. Lots of good protein. I make meat muffins with mince, cheese, bacon and eggs.

Thank you Lizzie1149. I really appreciate you sharing this one. I haven't added mince before. So good to see what other members cook with eggs and muffin trays.
I eat mostly meat and eggs these days. Don't buy much junk anymore. Spend my money on good food. With the meat ones you can do so much. Put whatever herbs and spices into the mix. Sauces too like a dash of Worcestershire or tomato or bbq for flavour

I eat mostly meat and eggs these days. Don't buy much junk anymore. Spend my money on good food. With the meat ones you can do so much. Put whatever herbs and spices into the mix. Sauces too like a dash of Worcestershire or tomato or bbq for flavour
I have on my calendar everyday until I remember it. When I go shopping stick to the outside of the aisle. It's the only way for me to remember to follow my shopping list. I am at the point of my life walking pass junk food that is so much easier except one thing. Boysenberry icecream. Still working on that one. 🙂

I have on my calendar everyday until I remember it. When I go shopping stick to the outside of the aisle. It's the only way for me to remember to follow my shopping list. I am at the point of my life walking pass junk food that is so much easier except one thing. Boysenberry icecream. Still working on that one. 🙂
Yes I know about that one. I don't buy ice cream for me. Just for hubby. The ones I don't like. My weakness is the boysenberry one with choc shards in it.