Brace yourselves: Apple is hiking its subscription prices! Are you ready?

Apple fanatics have already been feeling the squeeze from recent price increases across the tech giant's portfolio of subscription services.

But now, with Apple TV+ set to raise the bar yet again, budget-minded streamers have something new to worry about.

Aussie subscribers will have to fork out extra dollars each month to remain updated with their favourite shows—pushing the monthly cost from $9.99 to $12.99.

This marks the second time in just one year that the streaming service's prices have been bumped up, and it's part of a broader shift in Apple’s subscription services pricing in the region.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 093050.png
Apple is increasing its various subscription services. Credit: Apple TV/Facebook

The company claimed this move is all to improve user experience and the quality of its content.

Apple is quick to point out the success of Apple TV+ over the past four years—referring to its extensive selection of award-winning series, feature films, documentaries, and family entertainment.

The tech titan also called attention to the growth of Apple Arcade and the addition of over 100 newspapers and magazines to Apple News Plus as further evidence of its progress.

Apple TV+ isn’t the only platform to push through price hikes lately, either. Amazon Prime raised its monthly rate from $6.99 to $9.99 last June, while Paramount and Binge joined the bandwagon in August and October, respectively.

Although some streaming services are slowly rolling out cheaper ad-supported plans to counter budget constraints, Apple is yet to jump on the ad-supported train, leaving its subscribers with no other choice but to accept the extra charges.

The streamer has also opted to keep its free trial offering untouched, unlike some of its competitors (like Disney, Kayo, and Binge), which have all decided to ditch the service in recent months. Stan is even considering a similar move.

That said, the 30-day notification window before your plan renews remains, giving you time to make any price-related adjustments to your subscription.

But what other changes have come along with the Apple TV+ price hike? Here’s the scoop:

Updated pricing for various Apple services.jpg

The takeaways from all this are clear—make sure to keep track of your payments and be prepared for unexpected price hikes.

Key Takeaways

• Apple TV+ has implemented a price increase, charging subscribers $12.99 per month, up from the previous rate of $9.99.
  • This is the second price increase for the popular streaming service in one year.
  • Apple has also adjusted the pricing for their other subscription services in Australia.
  • Apple has described these price hikes as essential for improving user experiences and increasing content offerings.

What are your thoughts on Apple's recent subscription changes, members? How do you think it will affect you? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: NotNats
Sponsored
I don’t use any of those Apple products but I think it’s a bit much putting the prices up twice in a year ! As usual another greedy big company boosting their profits in a cost of living crisis. I hope they lose customers.

Apple fanatics have already been feeling the squeeze from recent price increases across the tech giant's portfolio of subscription services.

But now, with Apple TV+ set to raise the bar yet again, budget-minded streamers have something new to worry about.

Aussie subscribers will have to fork out extra dollars each month to remain updated with their favourite shows—pushing the monthly cost from $9.99 to $12.99.

This marks the second time in just one year that the streaming service's prices have been bumped up, and it's part of a broader shift in Apple’s subscription services pricing in the region.

View attachment 33690
Apple is increasing its various subscription services. Credit: Apple TV/Facebook

The company claimed this move is all to improve user experience and the quality of its content.

Apple is quick to point out the success of Apple TV+ over the past four years—referring to its extensive selection of award-winning series, feature films, documentaries, and family entertainment.

The tech titan also called attention to the growth of Apple Arcade and the addition of over 100 newspapers and magazines to Apple News Plus as further evidence of its progress.

Apple TV+ isn’t the only platform to push through price hikes lately, either. Amazon Prime raised its monthly rate from $6.99 to $9.99 last June, while Paramount and Binge joined the bandwagon in August and October, respectively.

Although some streaming services are slowly rolling out cheaper ad-supported plans to counter budget constraints, Apple is yet to jump on the ad-supported train, leaving its subscribers with no other choice but to accept the extra charges.

The streamer has also opted to keep its free trial offering untouched, unlike some of its competitors (like Disney, Kayo, and Binge), which have all decided to ditch the service in recent months. Stan is even considering a similar move.

That said, the 30-day notification window before your plan renews remains, giving you time to make any price-related adjustments to your subscription.

But what other changes have come along with the Apple TV+ price hike? Here’s the scoop:

The takeaways from all this are clear—make sure to keep track of your payments and be prepared for unexpected price hikes.

Key Takeaways

• Apple TV+ has implemented a price increase, charging subscribers $12.99 per month, up from the previous rate of $9.99.
  • This is the second price increase for the popular streaming service in one year.
  • Apple has also adjusted the pricing for their other subscription services in Australia.
  • Apple has described these price hikes as essential for improving user experiences and increasing content offerings.

What are your thoughts on Apple's recent subscription changes, members? How do you think it will affect you? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!

I don’t use any of those Apple products but I think it’s a bit much putting the prices up twice in a year ! As usual another greedy big company boosting their profits in a cost of living crisis. I hope they lose customers.
I don't subscribe to any pay TV services, but watch what I want for free on my "smart" TV. That's more than enough - who needs all those extras draining pockets?

I don't subscribe to any pay TV services, but watch what I want for free on my "smart" TV. That's more than enough - who needs all those extras draining pockets?
Me too. I have other things to spend hard-earned cash on.