Bizarre, new fashion trend causes massive controversy – ‘This is beyond stupid!’

The youngsters are always up to no good… And that includes their fashion taste. The world of fashion was left in shambles after a new trend popped up, leaving thousands utterly bewildered and deeming the look ridiculous.

But fashionistas shamelessly embraced the new trend, with more influencers taking part in it and flooding our Instagram feeds with the strange accessory – or rather, half pants (we’re not quite sure what it is either).

Popular clothing retailer Shein has certainly turned heads with its recent launch. A pair of high-waisted denim shorts with matching denim leg warmers has garnered the most attention. The set costs $31.95 as part of the store’s plus-size range.

While some admired the bold and quirky fashion statement, others were quick to describe it as ‘weird’ and ‘dumb’.

The unconventional set was featured on a Facebook page and quickly garnered hundreds of reactions and comments.

NoHJrPA1TERsxzL_7tWQpY67f_cCpkVznRWIPWzKrbMGUS42RU8pc02dSxmXGupKlgSAn37sPCc1cWwdEcxVYHzPSxe_w8Cv6ylViNCjQPgxlHX_eJDg2Q1lMv62Oul0YdrtyacAQwAIVrw0aZhpCDs
rS1BAnhnaMk3L37pGfvEP5YOC_UeQDDFUYqZkYMDWIf7SUtY5d_rkXAjvix5Lux-cq-R4cI5Tn6VPIvsjez7QBIe3I3CD30iKxbGwCuvYwOKM4MQ2a2LWHhfSXEX_efsQjeOjPC3yZZz8iY5krlbwIQ

The controversial denim leg warmers. Source: news.com.au

‘Apparently, leg warmers are coming back… But in the worst way. I can’t think of anything more uncomfortable.’ the post read, alongside the hashtag ‘#weirdsheinproducts’.

‘What season are you supposed to wear them in?’ asked one.

‘What is this? Either wear shorts or pants… Did they run out of fabric in between?’ slammed another.

Source: @thisisburul

‘I don’t understand fashion. People wear coat hangers and call it fashion.’ a third criticised, while a fourth chimed: ‘Seriously, fashion is getting beyond stupid.’

‘For those days when you just don’t feel like shaving your legs but it’s also hot outside.’ another teased.

‘Awesome! I hate having hot thighs and cold calves!’ one more said sarcastically.

But a few weren’t shy about being fans of the set.

eZolrMhMdpN8dWBiIefOFc5w2GWh3LlfcvriIbr8DRgxfdEH7lMX76qnjkf_veLTt3n5OxGFzEA3sk9UKyV-5P917FpNien3P5ritfK9tWyBHgs_C3nWDmd-SRiDNvBJ46nfCrX-sYBKEGS95acKaCs
Xu89CyUqZ4qirR3_fphkr6SKtih1M0UNrFAAyaRM5xM4UZG0pQ3l8IhzxM1E1wYRzoXGozIiw-mOyNxQxN_4g3l8sa7gPAdsOYcRk2wwmZqsDtsJ0ddIw4alvQCathY9TbQaXkLu-4FdWU1qDs6DsBM

Influencers have been spotted wearing a similar look. Source: @revice_denim

‘Finally! I can show off my thigh tattoo again.’ a user wrote.

‘I actually quite like the look,’ praised another. ‘Adding to cart!’

Although it has caused quite the stir, denim leg warmers have risen in popularity after making the rounds on social media.

Several big-time fashion influencers have flaunted the unique look. Some even DIY-ed their own set by cutting an old pair of jeans with scissors just to hop in on the trend.

Source: @bibijaneangelica

This isn’t the first time Shein caused an uproar. They previously left thousands of eyebrows raised after releasing an ‘outrageous’ bikini set.

What are your thoughts on Shein’s denim leg warmers? Is it a yay or a nay? Dare we ask if YOU would ever be seen wearing them? Would you have rocked this look back in the day? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
The youngsters are always up to no good… And that includes their fashion taste. The world of fashion was left in shambles after a new trend popped up, leaving thousands utterly bewildered and deeming the look ridiculous.

But fashionistas shamelessly embraced the new trend, with more influencers taking part in it and flooding our Instagram feeds with the strange accessory – or rather, half pants (we’re not quite sure what it is either).

Popular clothing retailer Shein has certainly turned heads with its recent launch. A pair of high-waisted denim shorts with matching denim leg warmers has garnered the most attention. The set costs $31.95 as part of the store’s plus-size range.

While some admired the bold and quirky fashion statement, others were quick to describe it as ‘weird’ and ‘dumb’.

The unconventional set was featured on a Facebook page and quickly garnered hundreds of reactions and comments.

NoHJrPA1TERsxzL_7tWQpY67f_cCpkVznRWIPWzKrbMGUS42RU8pc02dSxmXGupKlgSAn37sPCc1cWwdEcxVYHzPSxe_w8Cv6ylViNCjQPgxlHX_eJDg2Q1lMv62Oul0YdrtyacAQwAIVrw0aZhpCDs
rS1BAnhnaMk3L37pGfvEP5YOC_UeQDDFUYqZkYMDWIf7SUtY5d_rkXAjvix5Lux-cq-R4cI5Tn6VPIvsjez7QBIe3I3CD30iKxbGwCuvYwOKM4MQ2a2LWHhfSXEX_efsQjeOjPC3yZZz8iY5krlbwIQ

‘Apparently, leg warmers are coming back… But in the worst way. I can’t think of anything more uncomfortable.’ the post read, alongside the hashtag ‘#weirdsheinproducts’.

‘What is this? Either wear shorts or pants… Did they run out of fabric in between?’ slammed another.

‘I don’t understand fashion. People wear coat hangers and call it fashion.’ a third criticised, while a fourth chimed: ‘Seriously, fashion is getting beyond stupid.’

‘For those days when you just don’t feel like shaving your legs but it’s also hot outside.’ another teased.

‘Awesome! I hate having hot thighs and cold calves!’ one more said sarcastically.

eZolrMhMdpN8dWBiIefOFc5w2GWh3LlfcvriIbr8DRgxfdEH7lMX76qnjkf_veLTt3n5OxGFzEA3sk9UKyV-5P917FpNien3P5ritfK9tWyBHgs_C3nWDmd-SRiDNvBJ46nfCrX-sYBKEGS95acKaCs
Xu89CyUqZ4qirR3_fphkr6SKtih1M0UNrFAAyaRM5xM4UZG0pQ3l8IhzxM1E1wYRzoXGozIiw-mOyNxQxN_4g3l8sa7gPAdsOYcRk2wwmZqsDtsJ0ddIw4alvQCathY9TbQaXkLu-4FdWU1qDs6DsBM

Although it has caused quite the stir, denim leg warmers have risen in popularity after making the rounds on social media.

Several big-time fashion influencers have flaunted the unique look. Some even DIY-ed their own set by cutting an old pair of jeans with scissors just to hop in on the trend.

This isn’t the first time Shein caused an uproar. They previously left thousands of eyebrows raised after releasing an ‘outrageous’ bikini set.

What are your thoughts on Shein’s denim leg warmers? Is it a yay or a nay? Dare we ask if YOU would ever be seen wearing them? Would you have rocked this look back in the day? Let us know in the comments below!

My late mother once made a statement that I think is appropriate, “To see ourselves as others see us”. Imagine looking at your photos on 40 years time.

A couple of weeks ago a friend and I were talking about fashions making a come back and we talked about leg warmers and here they are. OMG the worst fashion item ever

I remember going to work in the cbd and going up the escalator near myers and there was a lady wearing denim shorts and both her pockets were hanging right out and I asked her did she know her pockets were completely sticking out she gave me a look that could kill

I found out later apparently this was a new fashion trend

Last edited:
I expect our parents thought we looked equally ridiculous in the getups we wore. I say let the kids go at it, no one is getting hurt and it's a bit of fun for them. Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in them but then they're not designed for pensioners.:)

I expect our parents thought we looked equally ridiculous in the getups we wore. I say let the kids go at it, no one is getting hurt and it's a bit of fun for them. Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in them but then they're not designed for pensioners.:)
I never looked ridiculous in my brown satin pants, stagger flair jeans and boobtube top. 70s fashion was the best🙃

I am sure the fashions of my youth (1960-1970's) were viewed as ridiculous by other generations. I have to say, however, at least they were comfortable and suitable to the season. The jeans pictured don't look comfortable to wear nor would they keep you warm in winter or cool in summer. I guess as the years progress, it gets harder and harder to be original so desperate designers come up with these outlandish concoctions and there are enough idiots out there who will buy it. Grandma used to say "If you nail two things together that have never been nailed together before, some schmuck will buy it".

OMG how ridiculous.
I have always loved clothes and would hate to think how much I have spent. At 75 I have to admit I am still guilty, but you couldn't have paid me to go out in that getup even when I was 17.
I have likened my love of clothes to an addiction and like you, would not be seen dead in that new fashion; I would also hate to think of how much I have spent since first becoming aware of how good new clothing made me feel after blowing my first pay packet on a new outfit that I probably only wore once. I still spend too much on clothing now and still get excited about wearing something new, on-line shopping has facilitated my addiction I often find an item that I did not know that I needed until I saw it, I hate shopping for new clothes in the stores, racks are too crowded it is hard to find what you are looking for from among all the items on offer and the majority of assistants only want to sell you more, not being interested in what you are actually looking for, apologies to those assistants who do genuinely care, you are worth your weight in gold)

Reactions: Ezzy
"I hate shopping for new clothes in the stores, racks are too crowded it is hard to find what you are looking for from among all the items on offer and the majority of assistants only want to sell you more, not being interested in what you are actually looking for, apologies to those assistants who do genuinely care, you are worth your weight in gold)"

Actually finding an assistant can be a real challenge too as shop owners try to operate with a skeleton crew. It's not unusual to go into a store like Target or Kmart and not be able to find anyone on the floor to help you.

Not what l would cal l fashionable. Fashion gone mad, perhaps? (A bit like 'witches britches'?). I hope a wearer would wear something reasonable under their mimi, mini skirt in case they needed to bend over. (might give us old blokes a coronary otherwise). Weren't leg warmers worn over the top of outfits for aerobics? So how can these be called leg warmers in the true sense of the word? Would people wear these in very cold weather as shown or would they cover up better? Time will tell.

As a teen l never was one to get caught up in new fashions. Besides the fact this didn't interest me l was buying a car.

Last edited:
I have likened my love of clothes to an addiction and like you, would not be seen dead in that new fashion; I would also hate to think of how much I have spent since first becoming aware of how good new clothing made me feel after blowing my first pay packet on a new outfit that I probably only wore once. I still spend too much on clothing now and still get excited about wearing something new, on-line shopping has facilitated my addiction I often find an item that I did not know that I needed until I saw it, I hate shopping for new clothes in the stores, racks are too crowded it is hard to find what you are looking for from among all the items on offer and the majority of assistants only want to sell you more, not being interested in what you are actually looking for, apologies to those assistants who do genuinely care, you are worth your weight in gold)
Hi Ezzy,. You are definitely a clone of me, guilty of all the same things.
Still if you have an addiction I can think of lot worse things to be addicted to and if you can afford it then you are not hurting anybody.
Just bought on line 12 t-shirts, 4 pants and a jumpsuit to take on an upcoming holiday to Bali.I would have thought by 75 I would have slowed down on the clothes buying , but here I go again.
Have a good day, it's a beautiful day here in Perth.

"I hate shopping for new clothes in the stores, racks are too crowded it is hard to find what you are looking for from among all the items on offer and the majority of assistants only want to sell you more, not being interested in what you are actually looking for, apologies to those assistants who do genuinely care, you are worth your weight in gold)"

Actually finding an assistant can be a real challenge too as shop owners try to operate with a skeleton crew. It's not unusual to go into a store like Target or Kmart and not be able to find anyone on the floor to help you.
You were spot on , customer service is definitely a thing of the past. The only staff at kmart are the very few at the registers

Hi Ezzy,. You are definitely a clone of me, guilty of all the same things.
Still if you have an addiction I can think of lot worse things to be addicted to and if you can afford it then you are not hurting anybody.
Just bought on line 12 t-shirts, 4 pants and a jumpsuit to take on an upcoming holiday to Bali.I would have thought by 75 I would have slowed down on the clothes buying , but here I go again.
Have a good day, it's a beautiful day here in Perth.
Hi mylittletibbies. Not sure if being a clone is good or bad but certainly nice to have your opinion. Thankyou.
Not much between us in age, you 75 & me 70. Yes it is a beautiful day in Perth but then l think everyday here is.
Certainly the best clothing for Bali. Enjoy your holiday & hope to see further comments from you in the future.

Reactions: Ricci