Jul 1, 2023
Beware of the FINE PRINT

Being a Member of the RAC and having some Transmission Issues with my car, I called the RAC for Advise and was told that I was entitled to have a 30 Minute Free Diagnostic Check.
I duly booked for an appointment which was due last Monday the 18th September 2023.
I received confirmation of my booking and thought how good are the RAC to assist with a Free Check.
I then noted that in the Fine Print it stated on my Booking Form that if the Diagnostic Check took longer than 30 Minutes I would have to pay.
I rang the RAC and asked if they could give me an indication of what the cost would be and was Shocked when I was told OH YES that will be $ 100 Dollars per hour if the 30 Minutes is expired.
I duly Cancelled the Booking but Wait There's More, I sent in a Complaint to the RAC and was almost blown over with a feather when the RAC Representative confirmed in writing that in fact the extra cost's could be anything up to $ 153 Dollars an Hour.
I am still waiting to hear back after I sent another note to say that in my opinion The RAC have got this so called Free Offer All Wrong and that they need to State Clearly and Advise People of such Hikes in Cost's.
Now Here's The Best Bit, I rang Supercheap Auto in Joondalup having noted that they too did Diagnostic Vehicle Checks and was invited to bring my car to them immediately which I did and they undertook a Full Diagnostic Check and then said NO CHARGE because there was no faults found.
Moral of the Story is CHECK THE FINE PRINT AND SHOP AROUND BEFORE YOU COMMIT and YOU too SHOUT OUT IF YOU COME ACROSS ANYTHING THAT'S NOT RIGHT

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Beware of the FINE PRINT

Being a Member of the RAC and having some Transmission Issues with my car, I called the RAC for Advise and was told that I was entitled to have a 30 Minute Free Diagnostic Check.
I duly booked for an appointment which was due last Monday the 18th September 2023.
I received confirmation of my booking and thought how good are the RAC to assist with a Free Check.
I then noted that in the Fine Print it stated on my Booking Form that if the Diagnostic Check took longer than 30 Minutes I would have to pay.
I rang the RAC and asked if they could give me an indication of what the cost would be and was Shocked when I was told OH YES that will be $ 100 Dollars per hour if the 30 Minutes is expired.
I duly Cancelled the Booking but Wait There's More, I sent in a Complaint to the RAC and was almost blown over with a feather when the RAC Representative confirmed in writing that in fact the extra cost's could be anything up to $ 153 Dollars an Hour.
I am still waiting to hear back after I sent another note to say that in my opinion The RAC have got this so called Free Offer All Wrong and that they need to State Clearly and Advise People of such Hikes in Cost's.
Now Here's The Best Bit, I rang Supercheap Auto in Joondalup having noted that they too did Diagnostic Vehicle Checks and was invited to bring my car to them immediately which I did and they undertook a Full Diagnostic Check and then said NO CHARGE because there was no faults found.
Moral of the Story is CHECK THE FINE PRINT AND SHOP AROUND BEFORE YOU COMMIT and YOU too SHOUT OUT IF YOU COME ACROSS ANYTHING THAT'S NOT RIGHT
Thank you so much for keeping us informed, @A Friend from Joondalup! We appreciate you.