Best Man's hilarious 'joke' about the bride is going VIRAL for all the right reasons: "And here we are!"

As the best man, it is up to you to deliver the toast, which will likely go down in the event's history as one of the most memorable of the night. Your speech and jokes have the power to set the tone for the evening, which is why it's important to have some funny bits here and there.

But giving a great speech that sticks in people's minds can be a really difficult task especially because you have to use humour carefully. You can make someone laugh by being funny about them, but if you go too far, you might end up making fun of them instead...

Luckily for this one happy couple, the Best Man at their wedding was prepared with a hilarious joke that might just go down in history as the funniest joke ever told during a Best Man's speech.

When Todd McPherson was asked to be the Best Man at his cousin's wedding, he knew exactly what joke to tell for his big speech.

zHHlhH2HbKo9cmcvD4Xv1jGuNXERBqn_09NtTdsQI58DSlV7XHlRfrO7HdVghUyIRiEsAjee7gKqEU4-gTbbCU0OgvvFBEt_U4wh9kW8U0yZB4G9xPLtwP_lwAkhaSffURrI-AutK8kChVyqQ24

The joke delighted and shocked the couple, as well as the wedding party. Credit: Instagram/@twofolkfilms.

Todd is the groom's younger cousin and also one of his best mates growing up. Both of them graduated from the same high school, which also happened to be the same school that the bride attended.

Because of this, in his Best Man speech, he made sure to talk about a certain "high school moment" that he felt was the perfect memory to share with everyone.

"A lot of you may not believe this but I somewhat saw this day happening back in 2009," said Todd. "When I was in Year 7 trying to navigate the halls of E block, there was a group of senior girls walking towards me."

"I remember seeing Kirb [the bride] and thinking to myself one day she's gonna have my last name. And here we are!"

A sure sign that the Best Man did his job and gave a speech that was absolutely top-notch was when the bride, the groom, and all of the guests started laughing hysterically at the joke.

The funny speech was captured on camera by the wedding videographer, who then panned to the bride and groom as the wedding party laughed out loud in surprise.

The moment was then shared by the team on Instagram, where it quickly went viral, amassing over 25 million views since it was posted.

"Cousin of the groom, I mean, he's not wrong…" the videographer wrote in the caption.

The audience at the wedding were not the only ones who thought the speech was excellent; tens of thousands of users on social media did as well, with many of them saying this is the "funniest" Best Man joke they have ever heard.

"This made me chuckle, bless him. Maybe not his wife, but she carries the family name," one man wrote in the comments section. A second user agreed and added, "Funniest one ever, short, simple, and hilarious!"

Others made fun of the young man as well, saying that he should have been more specific about his dreams that day in the school hall. "This is why it is important to manifest the specifics," wrote a third user.

Some even quipped about the speech being a "last-minute attempt" to steal the bride's attention. "Clever boy is just letting her know she still has options," a fourth user joked, to which many others laughed and agreed as well.

Have a look at the video below, members, and if it makes you laugh too, let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
As the best man, it is up to you to deliver the toast, which will likely go down in the event's history as one of the most memorable of the night. Your speech and jokes have the power to set the tone for the evening, which is why it's important to have some funny bits here and there.

But giving a great speech that sticks in people's minds can be a really difficult task especially because you have to use humour carefully. You can make someone laugh by being funny about them, but if you go too far, you might end up making fun of them instead...

Luckily for this one happy couple, the Best Man at their wedding was prepared with a hilarious joke that might just go down in history as the funniest joke ever told during a Best Man's speech.

When Todd McPherson was asked to be the Best Man at his cousin's wedding, he knew exactly what joke to tell for his big speech.

zHHlhH2HbKo9cmcvD4Xv1jGuNXERBqn_09NtTdsQI58DSlV7XHlRfrO7HdVghUyIRiEsAjee7gKqEU4-gTbbCU0OgvvFBEt_U4wh9kW8U0yZB4G9xPLtwP_lwAkhaSffURrI-AutK8kChVyqQ24

The joke delighted and shocked the couple, as well as the wedding party. Credit: Instagram/@twofolkfilms.

Todd is the groom's younger cousin and also one of his best mates growing up. Both of them graduated from the same high school, which also happened to be the same school that the bride attended.

Because of this, in his Best Man speech, he made sure to talk about a certain "high school moment" that he felt was the perfect memory to share with everyone.

"A lot of you may not believe this but I somewhat saw this day happening back in 2009," said Todd. "When I was in Year 7 trying to navigate the halls of E block, there was a group of senior girls walking towards me."

"I remember seeing Kirb [the bride] and thinking to myself one day she's gonna have my last name. And here we are!"

A sure sign that the Best Man did his job and gave a speech that was absolutely top-notch was when the bride, the groom, and all of the guests started laughing hysterically at the joke.

The funny speech was captured on camera by the wedding videographer, who then panned to the bride and groom as the wedding party laughed out loud in surprise.

The moment was then shared by the team on Instagram, where it quickly went viral, amassing over 25 million views since it was posted.

"Cousin of the groom, I mean, he's not wrong…" the videographer wrote in the caption.

The audience at the wedding were not the only ones who thought the speech was excellent; tens of thousands of users on social media did as well, with many of them saying this is the "funniest" Best Man joke they have ever heard.

"This made me chuckle, bless him. Maybe not his wife, but she carries the family name," one man wrote in the comments section. A second user agreed and added, "Funniest one ever, short, simple, and hilarious!"

Others made fun of the young man as well, saying that he should have been more specific about his dreams that day in the school hall. "This is why it is important to manifest the specifics," wrote a third user.

Some even quipped about the speech being a "last-minute attempt" to steal the bride's attention. "Clever boy is just letting her know she still has options," a fourth user joked, to which many others laughed and agreed as well.

Have a look at the video below, members, and if it makes you laugh too, let us know in the comments!

Please tell me when to laugh!!