Benefit's of seeds and nuts to your health

View attachment 25242
Oh we knew that years ago. We had flaxseed every morning. And Cod liver oil. Revolting. Dad would eat the sunflower seeds from the bird mix. And the feasts we'd have of conkers. you missed on nut though- the acorn- the oak nut. You can eat them- but they need leaching. Dad taught us acorn coffee, parboiled acorns, acorn Welsh oatcakes- he knew "hard times food" from the Depression and his service. I later learnt this again in the Army. Oh and pine needles- pine needle tea. Oh yes Sloe seed- how could I forget a summer of sloe picking for sloe gin.

Reactions: Babybird
Oh we knew that years ago. We had flaxseed every morning. And Cod liver oil. Revolting. Dad would eat the sunflower seeds from the bird mix. And the feasts we'd have of conkers. you missed on nut though- the acorn- the oak nut. You can eat them- but they need leaching. Dad taught us acorn coffee, parboiled acorns, acorn Welsh oatcakes- he knew "hard times food" from the Depression and his service. I later learnt this again in the Army. Oh and pine needles- pine needle tea. Oh yes Sloe seed- how could I forget a summer of sloe picking for sloe gin.
Remember my father his acorn and pine nuts and pine needles, dad used roast them on potbelly stove. Dad knew lot about foraging too.