Beloved soft drink is making a comeback—did you miss it?

For many, the iconic Halls soft drink brand evokes fond childhood memories.

The classic flavours of Halls Lemonade, Lemon Twist and Fruita in those nostalgic glass bottles can instantly take people back to simpler times.

First founded in 1849 by George Hall in Marryatville, Halls drinks were a local staple for over a century before being discontinued in 2000, much to the disappointment of generations of loyal drinkers.

But now, after years of hoping for its return, Halls is finally coming back!

SDC Images (11).png
Halls soft drinks will soon be back on shelves after its discontinuation in 2000. Image source: Facebook/Halls Soft Drinks.

Production has restarted on those cherished old favourites, which will hit shelves again in the coming months. The 330mL varieties are currently being made, with 1L bottles soon to follow after.

To help revive this iconic local brand, the South Australian state government has contributed $500,000 in funding through the Thriving Regions Fund for the Halls bottling facility in Willunga.

Premier Peter Malinauskas shared his enthusiasm, saying 'I, like many South Australians, have fond memories of Halls soft drinks, and I know many will leap at the chance to get another taste of Fruita, Lemon Twist or Halls Lemonade.'

In other news, fans of soft drinks are excited over Coca-Cola’s latest innovation.

Their cutting-edge artificial intelligence (AI) technology was used to craft their limited-edition Y3000 Zero Sugar flavour by processing huge datasets of consumer preferences, regional tastes and ingredient combinations being analysed by AI algorithms.

This data-driven approach allowed Coca-Cola’s engineers to determine the most promising flavour profiles for customers.

The AI technology ran countless simulations and iterations to develop the perfect concoction. Factors such as sweetness, fizziness and aftertaste were all considered when crafting this unique flavour.

Coca-Cola's representative said this was 'an experience designed to cater to the ever-evolving tastes of consumers'.
You can read more about this innovative flavour here.
Key Takeaways
  • Iconic South Australian soft drink brand Halls is back in production and will return to supermarket shelves soon.
  • Founded in 1849 and discontinued in 2000, the brand's old favourites like Halls Lemonade, Lemon Twist and Fruita are back in production, complete with classic glass bottles.
  • The South Australian government has contributed $500,000 to the Thriving Regions Fund for the brand’s Willunga bottling facility.
  • The products will be available in stores in the coming months, with Premier Peter Malinauskas expressing his fondness and anticipation for the return of the Halls soft drinks.
Will you be trying Halls when it returns? Let us know your memories of this iconic brand in the comments!

Sponsored
In 1965 l attended a camp with THE BOY'S BRIGADE staying at a showground in Queensland & wanted to try a different cool drink. Not knowing anything about it l asked the leader in the canteen what Sarsaparilla was. I still remember his words, 'Tastes like the fruits of the earth'. Opening it & taking a sip it wasn't what l expected & gave the bottle of drink away. 😵‍💫😆😉
It does have an acquired taste but I love it it grows on you.😋😋

Reactions: Ezzy
I was strictly a water drinker, with the odd cup of tea thrown in during the day. Then one day my partner brought me home a can of Sunkist and I was hooked, but it loaded on the kilos and the price wasn't too attractive either so I swapped it for the Woolies brand orange soda, it took a bit to get used to but I soon became addicted and at $1.10 for a 1.25ltr it was within my budget, but the kilos were still packing on so I tried Sunkist Zero Sugar and soon got addicted to them, but i'm only having two a day, one in the afternoon and one in the evening with dinner because of the amount of Caffeine..
Sorry, I got off track, as for the Halls drinks coming back I think my partner will love them, he's from FNQ and they would probably suit his taste, especially the ginger beer..

And speaking of ginger beer who remembers making a ginger beer plant in your youth and making your own drinks, you'd end up having to halve the plant so you'd give it to a friend who in turn gave it to another friend, and the cycle went on, I really don't know why I made it, I couldn't stand the stuff lol..

Reactions: Ezzy
I was strictly a water drinker, with the odd cup of tea thrown in during the day. Then one day my partner brought me home a can of Sunkist and I was hooked, but it loaded on the kilos and the price wasn't too attractive either so I swapped it for the Woolies brand orange soda, it took a bit to get used to but I soon became addicted and at $1.10 for a 1.25ltr it was within my budget, but the kilos were still packing on so I tried Sunkist Zero Sugar and soon got addicted to them, but i'm only having two a day, one in the afternoon and one in the evening with dinner because of the amount of Caffeine..
Sorry, I got off track, as for the Halls drinks coming back I think my partner will love them, he's from FNQ and they would probably suit his taste, especially the ginger beer..

And speaking of ginger beer who remembers making a ginger beer plant in your youth and making your own drinks, you'd end up having to halve the plant so you'd give it to a friend who in turn gave it to another friend, and the cycle went on, I really don't know why I made it, I couldn't stand the stuff lol..
Yes, remember the ginger beer plants & everything that went with them well. From memory l thought they used what l deemed, a lot of sugar, but tasty when ready. I think the occasional bottle explosion was common or if they were corked, the cork blew out.

Thanks for sharing the memory.

Reactions: deni67