Beckenham local goes on a rampage onboard a bus and assaults an elderly man and two women

Content warning: This article explicitly mentions physical assault and violence on women and the elderly, which may be distressing for some readers. Discretion is advised.

Commuters were left shaken after an alleged violent outburst onboard a Transperth bus.

The incident occurred just after 10:30 am on Tuesday, when 28-year-old Precious Osemwekhae, a resident of Beckenham, allegedly harassed a 53-year-old woman and her 23-year-old daughter on board the bus.

The situation escalated when both women exited the bus, with Osemwekhae allegedly spitting on the older woman and kicking her daughter in the lower back.

An 84-year-old man, who wished to remain anonymous, intervened in an attempt to protect the women.

Unfortunately, his courageous act was met with violence as Osemwekhae allegedly turned his attention towards him.

SDC 2.png
A man allegedly went on a rampage onboard a Transperth bus. Image source: Howard Pulling on Flickr.

The elderly man sustained multiple injuries, including a lost tooth and an inability to close his lower jaw due to the severity of the alleged assault.

'There was blood everywhere … and at the end of the day I couldn't close my lower jaw, but now I can,' he said.

Reports also said that the man got off the bus and allegedly assaulted a transport officer before being restrained and taken into custody.

The elderly man initially thought that his age could have made intervening safer.

'That's the reason I was silly to stand up and go to him, I thought the fact that I looked old would dissuade him,' he recalled.

'I don't think age mattered to him.'

Despite the traumatic experience, the elderly man shared that he harbours no anger towards his alleged assailant.

'Except that I would like to know whether he is getting out of his situation, I want to see things improving,' he added.

'I wouldn't mind to see some consequences…but I know he had no control, he may have a situation where things are not easy for him.'

Despite his ordeal, he said he found comfort when the two women and their brother came to thank him for his brave intervention.

Osemwekhae has since been charged with two counts of common assault, aggravated assault occasioning bodily harm, and assault of a public officer.

He was denied bail due to the risk he posed to the community and is scheduled to appear in court again on February 21.

The police prosecutor said that Osemwekhae’s alleged assault of a public officer included punching the female transit guard in her face before kicking her in the abdomen.

He also reportedly needed to be sedated once he was in custody due to continued violence.

WA Premier Roger Cook condemned the violent behaviour, stating that antisocial behaviour on public transport would not be tolerated.

'Violent behaviour is absolutely unacceptable,' he said.

If you, or anyone you know, is experiencing abuse, call triple zero (000) to quickly contact the police and ambulance services.
Key Takeaways
  • An 84-year-old man was allegedly assaulted on a Transperth bus after intervening in a harassment incident involving two women.
  • The accused, 28-year-old Precious Osemwekhae from Beckenham, has been charged with multiple assault offences.
  • The elderly man suffered significant injuries but expressed no major anger towards his alleged attacker, hoping instead for improvement in the man's situation.
  • Osemwekhae was denied bail due to risk to the community, with the incident drawing comments from WA Premier Roger Cook condemning violent behaviour on public transport.
What are your thoughts on this incident, members? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
Hmm, I am wondering if this person is a refugee, rehoused in this country, without first being vetted, regarding their criminal history. Whilst we are a generous country and offer asylum and safe haven to those from other countries, I am wondering if we are creating a problem here?

Hmm, I am wondering if this person is a refugee, rehoused in this country, without first being vetted, regarding their criminal history. Whilst we are a generous country and offer asylum and safe haven to those from other countries, I am wondering if we are creating a problem here?
With a name like Precious, which he isn't, and that surname I'm wondering the same thing. Send that animal back where he came from. We have enough thugs of our own.

There is no deterrent to any crime in Australia any more, whether it's white collar, blue collar, opportunistic, deliberate or alcohol/drug induced. THEY DON'T GET PUNISHED. The penalties dished out by our judicial system are laughable, the ones that actually do go to gaol get treated better than Pensioners.

With a name like Precious, which he isn't, and that surname I'm wondering the same thing. Send that animal back where he came from. We have enough thugs of our own.
I agree with you LMW1!! Most offenders in this country come from other countries. Make it a condition to anyone who stays here that any offence committed send them back asap, no questions asked, where they can do whatever they want!!! Saves us a lot of problems.
That will make them think twice knowing this “ condition “ !

Content warning: This article explicitly mentions physical assault and violence on women and the elderly, which may be distressing for some readers. Discretion is advised.

Commuters were left shaken after an alleged violent outburst onboard a Transperth bus.

The incident occurred just after 10:30 am on Tuesday, when 28-year-old Precious Osemwekhae, a resident of Beckenham, allegedly harassed a 53-year-old woman and her 23-year-old daughter on board the bus.

The situation escalated when both women exited the bus, with Osemwekhae allegedly spitting on the older woman and kicking her daughter in the lower back.

An 84-year-old man, who wished to remain anonymous, intervened in an attempt to protect the women.

Unfortunately, his courageous act was met with violence as Osemwekhae allegedly turned his attention towards him.

View attachment 39923
A man allegedly went on a rampage onboard a Transperth bus. Image source: Howard Pulling on Flickr.

The elderly man sustained multiple injuries, including a lost tooth and an inability to close his lower jaw due to the severity of the alleged assault.

'There was blood everywhere … and at the end of the day I couldn't close my lower jaw, but now I can,' he said.

Reports also said that the man got off the bus and allegedly assaulted a transport officer before being restrained and taken into custody.

The elderly man initially thought that his age could have made intervening safer.

'That's the reason I was silly to stand up and go to him, I thought the fact that I looked old would dissuade him,' he recalled.

Despite the traumatic experience, the elderly man shared that he harbours no anger towards his alleged assailant.

'Except that I would like to know whether he is getting out of his situation, I want to see things improving,' he added.

'I wouldn't mind to see some consequences…but I know he had no control, he may have a situation where things are not easy for him.'

Despite his ordeal, he said he found comfort when the two women and their brother came to thank him for his brave intervention.

Osemwekhae has since been charged with two counts of common assault, aggravated assault occasioning bodily harm, and assault of a public officer.

He was denied bail due to the risk he posed to the community and is scheduled to appear in court again on February 21.

The police prosecutor said that Osemwekhae’s alleged assault of a public officer included punching the female transit guard in her face before kicking her in the abdomen.

He also reportedly needed to be sedated once he was in custody due to continued violence.

WA Premier Roger Cook condemned the violent behaviour, stating that antisocial behaviour on public transport would not be tolerated.

If you, or anyone you know, is experiencing abuse, call triple zero (000) to quickly contact the police and ambulance services.
Key Takeaways

• An 84-year-old man was allegedly assaulted on a Transperth bus after intervening in a harassment incident involving two women.
  • The accused, 28-year-old Precious Osemwekhae from Beckenham, has been charged with multiple assault offences.
  • The elderly man suffered significant injuries but expressed no major anger towards his alleged attacker, hoping instead for improvement in the man's situation.
  • Osemwekhae was denied bail due to risk to the community, with the incident drawing comments from WA Premier Roger Cook condemning violent behaviour on public transport.
What are your thoughts on this incident, members? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
We all know the Court will hit him with a wet lettuce and release him to do it all over again imo.

View attachment 39923

Key Takeaways

It's a SHAME that this has happened. I'm only sorry that he didn't get to meet a friend of mine who is a Transit officer as the outcome would have been slightly different, given that this officer is a Martal Artist the perp would not have hurt anyone else.

View attachment 39923

Key Takeaways

What was the bus driver doing while the guy was harassing the ladies on the bus?

View attachment 39923

Key Takeaways

Diversity and immigration enhancement of the Australian community, are these people vetted before being allowed asylum, looks like they're not.

Diversity and immigration enhancement of the Australian community, are these people vetted before being allowed asylum, looks like they're not.
You only need to look at the youth gang problems being experienced in Melbourne - sorry to say, the predominance seems to be from African nations experiencing civil wars. Bred from violence - they import it with them when they are given refuge not only in Australia but throughout Europe also. Bad apples don't make good cider!

There is no deterrent to any crime in Australia any more, whether it's white collar, blue collar, opportunistic, deliberate or alcohol/drug induced. THEY DON'T GET PUNISHED. The penalties dished out by our judicial system are laughable, the ones that actually do go to gaol get treated better than Pensioners.
I agree.

I agree with you LMW1!! Most offenders in this country come from other countries. Make it a condition to anyone who stays here that any offence committed send them back asap, no questions asked, where they can do whatever they want!!! Saves us a lot of problems.
That will make them think twice knowing this “ condition “ !
And saves about 150k per year keeping them in jail, send em back.

And saves about 150k per year keeping them in jail, send em back.
As l understand the Law as it currently stands:- Someone who commits a serious crime such as murder WILL SERVE A PRISON SENTENCE FIRST & THEN BE DEPORTED. The sentence may be reduced due to good behaviour but deportation in imminent for them.

THE COURTS WILL NEVER MAKE THE SENTENCE SUIT THE CRIME. I THINK THEY FEAR A BACKLASH FROM THE GOODY GOODIES IN OUR POPULATION.

I WONDER WHAT OUR POLICE FORCE FEEL WHEN THEY HAVE DONE THEIR UTMOST BEST, ARE SURE OF A GOOD OUTCOME & A MAGISTRATE THROWS THE CHARGES OUT OR GIVES A RAP OVER THE KNUCKLES?

WHY DON'T WE JUST GET RID OF OUR LAW ENFORCERS & COURT SYSTEM & ALLOW COMPLETE ANARCHY TO EXIST??? (Just like the Caveman perhaps?).