Beat the heatwave: Aussies are turning to Kmart’s $99 ‘Dyson dupe’!

As we swelter through another scorching Australian summer, remaining ever grateful for air conditioning, fans, and anything else that can provide some much-needed relief, many of us are on a quest for the most efficient and cost-effective way to cool down our homes.

Luckily, relieving ourselves from the heat doesn't have to be expensive.

Just this week, the Bladeless Floor Fan from Kmart has been making waves—not only in terms of circulating the hot air—but also in terms of popularity among shoppers gushing over how much it reminds them of the much pricier Dyson!

Shoppers agree that the Anko Bladeless Fan, retailing at just $99, offers great value for money as it not only looks like the Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool (which usually retails for around $999!), but it also operates well.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 101521.png
Anko’s Bladeless Floor Fan got people raving to beat the heat in Australia! Image: TikTok

One enthusiastic shopper wrote: 'It was $99 and it’s actually not bad when it comes to the noise. And it also has four fan speeds on it, a timer, and an LED light. Pretty cool.'

Meanwhile, another commented: 'I love my knock off Dyson, I got it last year and I love it.'

A third agreed: 'It’s so good. Finally, a Kmart product that looks decent.'

It turns out, Kmart did, in fact, make a few tweaks to this product since its initial launch in 2020.

According to a spokesperson, the fan can also now be found in a more attractive design along with independently developed technology and new specifications, prompting the price to go up from the original $89 to the $99 it costs today.

However that hasn't stopped customers from searching for the fan and snapping it up, with Kmart having reported ‘strong sales’ amid soaring temperatures in NSW and WA.

The consumer advocacy organisation CHOICE also took this fan through its paces and determined it to have been 'better performing' than the Dyson Cool Tower Fan (which, at around $399, is the cheapest of the range Dyson offers).

'There’s nothing in particular wrong with the Dyson Cool Tower Fan, and it admittedly comes with added features you don’t get with the cheaper models, such as a timer and remote control,' CHOICE fan tester Matthew Tung said.

'But, it’s more than six times the price for something that essentially does the same job.'

Kmart's $99 Bladeless Fan might not have the convenient air purifying quality, timer, and remote control that comes with other Dyson products, but it offers a great option for those who don't want to pay for the more expensive versions.

Although some customers have found the fan noisier than expected, many still deemed it a fantastic purchase.

One shopper commented: 'It is a little louder than I expected but it makes the whole room cool unlike a pedestal fan.’

Another shopper expressed: ‘It's the best fan I ever had—a little noisy, but if you don't mind white noise—well worth it.'

Key Takeaways
  • A popular $99 Kmart product, known as a 'Dyson dupe,' has seen a resurgence of interest due to the recent heatwave in Australia.
  • The Anko Bladeless Floor Fan, praised for its similarities to the Dyson cooling system, has four fan speeds, a timer, and an LED light.
  • Sales of the Kmart fan have been strong, especially in response to high temperatures in NSW and WA.
  • Consumer advocacy organisation CHOICE stated that Kmart’s Anko Bladeless Floor Fan performed better than the Dyson Cool Tower Fan.

What do you think of this story? Would you prefer a more affordable bladeless fan than a more costly one that does the same thing? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
As we swelter through another scorching Australian summer, remaining ever grateful for air conditioning, fans, and anything else that can provide some much-needed relief, many of us are on a quest for the most efficient and cost-effective way to cool down our homes.

Just this week, the Bladeless Floor Fan from Kmart has been making waves—not only in terms of circulating the hot air—but also in terms of popularity among shoppers gushing over how much it reminds them of the much pricier Dyson!

Shoppers agree that the Anko Bladeless Fan, retailing at just $99, offers great value for money as it not only looks like the Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool (which usually retails for around $999!), but it also operates well.

View attachment 37404
Anko’s Bladeless Floor Fan got people raving to beat the heat in Australia! Image: TikTok

One enthusiastic shopper wrote: 'It was $99 and it’s actually not bad when it comes to the noise. And it also has four fan speeds on it, a timer, and an LED light. Pretty cool.'

Meanwhile, another commented: 'I love my knock off Dyson, I got it last year and I love it.'

It turns out, Kmart did, in fact, make a few tweaks to this product since its initial launch in 2020.

According to a spokesperson, the fan can also now be found in a more attractive design along with independently developed technology and new specifications, prompting the price to go up from the original $89 to the $99 it costs today.

However that hasn't stopped customers from searching for the fan and snapping it up, with Kmart having reported ‘strong sales’ amid soaring temperatures in NSW and WA.

The consumer advocacy organisation CHOICE also took this fan through its paces and determined it to have been 'better performing' than the Dyson Cool Tower Fan (which, at around $399, is the cheapest of the range Dyson offers).

'There’s nothing in particular wrong with the Dyson Cool Tower Fan, and it admittedly comes with added features you don’t get with the cheaper models, such as a timer and remote control,' CHOICE fan tester Matthew Tung said.

'But, it’s more than six times the price for something that essentially does the same job.'

Kmart's $99 Bladeless Fan might not have the convenient air purifying quality, timer, and remote control that comes with other Dyson products, but it offers a great option for those who don't want to pay for the more expensive versions.

Although some customers have found the fan noisier than expected, many still deemed it a fantastic purchase.

One shopper commented: 'It is a little louder than I expected but it makes the whole room cool unlike a pedestal fan.’

Another shopper expressed: ‘It's the best fan I ever had—a little noisy, but if you don't mind white noise—well worth it.'

Key Takeaways

• A popular $99 Kmart product, known as a 'Dyson dupe,' has seen a resurgence of interest due to the recent heatwave in Australia.
  • The Anko Bladeless Floor Fan, praised for its similarities to the Dyson cooling system, has four fan speeds, a timer, and an LED light.
  • Sales of the Kmart fan have been strong, especially in response to high temperatures in NSW and WA.
  • Consumer advocacy organisation CHOICE stated that Kmart’s Anko Bladeless Floor Fan performed better than the Dyson Cool Tower Fan.

What do you think of this story? Would you prefer a more affordable bladeless fan than a more costly one that does the same thing? Let us know in the comments below!
sounds interesting but does it have an air cleaner which I need?

So the big question is does it also purifies the air like the dyson ?
If it's just a fan then us expensive but if it's a purifier and works as well as the dyson then it's a bargain.

Time for me to go and research

View attachment 37404

Key Takeaways

How long will it last?

It is just a fan. Most Reviews said it's a good fan but noisy.

Definitely not a purifier like the dyson and the purifier is the expensive part.

So this fan can't be compared to the dyson, they are two different things

Screenshot_20231213_091650_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Ezzy
It is just a fan. Most Reviews said it's a good fan but noisy.

Definitely not a purifier like the dyson and the purifier is the expensive part.

So this fan can't be compared to the dyson, they are two different things

View attachment 37439
Yes, it is just a fan and the author actually said that it does not have a purifier in the article, so you did not have to research that. It also said at the beginning of the article, that people are looking for air cons, fans or anything that will cool them down in this sweltering heat. Not everyone needs or wants to pay for a purifier if it is not required. Some of us just want a fan and are happy with a little bit of noise in our car sheds, patios or inside.

Yes, it is just a fan and the author actually said that it does not have a purifier in the article, so you did not have to research that. It also said at the beginning of the article, that people are looking for air cons, fans or anything that will cool them down in this sweltering heat. Not everyone needs or wants to pay for a purifier if it is not required. Some of us just want a fan and are happy with a little bit of noise in our car sheds, patios or inside.
It's comparing this fan to the dyson one which is a fan and air purifier. Ofccourse, you are not paying $999 for just a fan with the dyson one.
The article stated it was a duped of the dyson one, NOTE HIW IT SAYS DYSON PURIFIER. MAYBE READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN
Anko Bladeless Fan, retailing at just $99, offers great value for money as it not only looks like the Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool (which usually retails for around $999!), but it also operates well.

It's comparing this fan to the dyson one which is a fan and air purifier. Ofccourse, you are not paying $999 for just a fan with the dyson one.
The article stated it was a duped of the dyson one, NOTE HIW IT SAYS DYSON PURIFIER. MAYBE READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN
Anko Bladeless Fan, retailing at just $99, offers great value for money as it not only looks like the Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool (which usually retails for around $999!), but it also operates well.
Yes, it did compare this fan to the Dyson FAN! Read the word fan. As I said, it stated no purifier, but you could not read that bit. It is about the fan part. Grow up!...... Just to clarify the Author's words!...... Kmart's $99 Bladeless Fan might not have the convenient air purifying quality, timer, and remote control that comes with other Dyson products, but it offers a great option for those who don't want to pay for the more expensive versions.

Last edited:
So the big question is does it also purifies the air like the dyson ?
If it's just a fan then us expensive but if it's a purifier and works as well as the dyson then it's a bargain.

Time for me to go and research
No it does not. The 10th paragraph from the picture, 'Kmarts $99 Bladeless Fan may not have .......
Stick with something you know well @ Suzanne rose.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Yes, it did compare this fan to the Dyson FAN! Read the word fan. As I said, it stated no purifier, but you could not read that bit. It is about the fan part. Grow up!...... Just to clarify the Author's words!...... Kmart's $99 Bladeless Fan might not have the convenient air purifying quality, timer, and remote control that comes with other Dyson products, but it offers a great option for those who don't want to pay for the more expensive versions.
Seriously!!! You are a bit rude

View attachment 37404

Key Takeaways

I bought this fan and it is great, it comes with a remote control, various speeds, has a rotating action and led light, definitely a winner from Kmart, does a great job cooling and looks and feels like a million bucks.

As far as I can see this is not a cooling fan. It will just move the air and not change its temperature.
The only benefit is if you sit in front of the fan in a sweaty condition. The evaporation of your sweat is what will cool a person.

Given that Dyson spends $12 Million per week w about 4/5 thou scientists & researchers working on their products, I would say comparing the 2 are like chalk & cheese!
It’s a good looking fan but nowhere near in the league of the Dyson!!