Basket trick with Woolworths trolley changes your way of shopping

As we navigate the aisles of our local Woolworths, many of us are on autopilot, grabbing a trolley and tossing in our groceries without much thought to the order or arrangement.

But what if I told you there's a simple yet ingenious method to revolutionise your shopping experience? It's a trick circulating on social media, and it's so straightforward that you'll wonder why it never crossed your mind.

The trick, shared by the multi-talented social media user who juggles the roles of lawyer, author, and mum—involves placing one of Woolworths' hand baskets inside your trolley before you begin your shopping spree.

This isn't just a quirky way to use the basket; it's a strategic move to protect your fruits and vegetables from being crushed under the weight of heavier items.

Let's paint a picture: You enter Woolworths, greeted by the vibrant colours of the fresh produce section.

1719272854567.png
The simple trick let you keep delicate items separate in your trolley. Credit: @fidan_tok / TikTok

You select the ripest tomatoes, the crispest lettuce, and perhaps some soft fruits like bananas or peaches.

But as you continue through the store, piling in canned goods, dairy products, and maybe a bottle of olive oil, those delicate items at the bottom of your trolley are at risk.

When you reach the checkout, your fresh produce might have turned into a less-than-appetizing squash salad.

This is where the basket-in-trolley trick comes into play. Keeping your fruits and veggies in the basket creates a separate compartment that safeguards them from being squished.

It's a simple solution to a common problem and is gaining traction among savvy shoppers.

The social media video showcasing this trick begins with a relatable scenario:

‘Sunday night grocery shop, we’re at Woolworths,’ she said.

‘Basket, trolley — basket in trolley.’

‘We’re not starting with fruit and veg because then it’s all gonna get squashed.’

‘We’re starting at the very end—aisle 13.’

The reaction online has been a mix of surprise and admiration.

Some users were initially puzzled, asking, 'What’s the basket inside the trolley trick?’ and ‘Basket in the trolley? I don’t get it’.

However, others were amazed.

‘Just watched this; it's such a good idea to have a basket in your trolley. Keeps your delicate items separate and you can move it around if need be,’ one shared.

‘Why have I never thought to do this? Genius.’ another said.

'I am doing this now. Thanks!’ a third one shared.

In a related story, a mom revealed her trick for simpler grocery shopping at ALDI by placing a laundry basket in the bottom of her cart to skip the bagging process.

This tip, shared on social media, has been viewed over 400,000 times. Read more about it here.

Key Takeaways
  • A social media personality shared a trolley trick that involves placing a handbasket inside a Woolworths trolley.
  • The trick intended to separate fruit and vegetables and prevent them from being squashed by heavier grocery items.
  • The tactic was met with confusion and amazement among social media users.
  • Some shoppers commented that they were impressed by the idea and planned to adopt it during grocery shopping.
Have you tried the trolley trick? Did it make a difference? We’d love to hear your experiences in the comments below.

• Haha
Reactions: NotNats
Sponsored
I keep my items separate in the trolley, frozens and refrigerated, fruit and veg, bread, eggs etc etc. It’s easier than just throwing them on top of each other.
Easier at checkout so they can be packed in appropriate bags, cooler etc , then straight into fridge , cupboards when I get home, win for the sales assistant and win for me. ❤️

I keep my items separate in the trolley, frozens and refrigerated, fruit and veg, bread, eggs etc etc. It’s easier than just throwing them on top of each other.
Easier at checkout so they can be packed in appropriate bags, cooler etc , then straight into fridge , cupboards when I get home, win for the sales assistant and win for me. ❤️
Same here - have always separated my shopping - been doing this for over 50 yrs.

I do the same. I wondered if it was a throwback from my checkout chick days lol

Reactions: Julie1946
I put my veggies and fruits in the small caged in front area of the trolley and use common sense. All the heavy hard stuff goes on the bottom and the rest goes on the top of it as per heaviness and pliability. And if I need to swap it around to accommodate other veggies etc, that what I do. They are always in top condition when I get home. Just common sense really.🙂

Buy the fruit and veggies from the green grocer then you don't need to have the basket in the trolley
Good luck finding a green grocer. There isn't one in my local area at all. If you are unable to drive for medical reasons it is not really feasible to carry F&V on a bus, and some taxi drivers aren't careful with your shopping either.

I put my veggies and fruits in the small caged in front area of the trolley and use common sense. All the heavy hard stuff goes on the bottom and the rest goes on the top of it as per heaviness and pliability. And if I need to swap it around to accommodate other veggies etc, that what I do. They are always in top condition when I get home. Just common sense really.🙂
I put my frozen, cold perishable etc, then other groceries on the console. They pack the frozen and perishable food in cooler bags first, then F&V and other food goes in other bags. I keep and re-use my bags until the either split or fall to bits. One thing you need to check is that they are not supposed to pack non-food in the same bags as food.

Reactions: Julie1946