Observer

Sep 21, 2022
Baseball In Heaven

Baseball In Heaven

Two old men, Abe and Sol, sit on a park bench feeding pigeons and talking about baseball.

Abe turns to Sol and asks, “Do you think there's baseball in Heaven?”

Sol thinks about it for a minute and replies, “I dunno

But let's make a deal — if I die first, I'll come back and tell you if there's baseball in Heaven, and if you die first, you do the same.”

They shake on it and sadly, a few months later, poor Abe passes on.

Soon afterward, Sol sits in the park feeding the pigeons by himself and hears a voice whisper, “Sol… Sol… .” Sol responds, “Abe! Is that you?”

“Yes it is, Sol,” whispers Abe's ghost.

Sol, still amazed, asks, “So, is there baseball in Heaven?”

“Well,” says Abe, “I've got good news and bad news.”

“Gimme the good news first,” says Sol

Abe says, “Well, there is baseball in Heaven.”

Sol says, “That's great! What news could be bad enough to ruin that?” Abe sighs and whispers, “You're pitching on Friday.”

Join the conversation

News, deals, games, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.

Seniors Discount Club

The SDC searches for the best deals, discounts, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.
  1. New members
  2. Jokes & fun
  3. Photography
  4. Nostalgia / Yesterday's Australia
  5. Food and Lifestyle
  6. Money Saving Hacks
  7. Offtopic / Everything else

Latest Articles

• We believe that retirement should be a time to relax and enjoy life, not worry about money. That's why we're here to help our members make the most of their retirement years. If you're over 60 and looking for ways to save money, connect with others, and have a laugh, we’d love to have you aboard.
  • Advertise with us

User Menu

Enjoyed Reading our Story?

• Share this forum to your loved ones.
Change Weather Postcode×
Change Petrol Postcode×