Bargain hunters: The BEST days and times to shop at major supermarkets

It's no secret everyone loves a good bargain.

And when it comes to shopping for the best deals and prices, we already know that it's important to know where to look. It's still a competition between major retailers, after all, and some have better prices than others.

But, folks, did you know that if you want to score fantastic bargain finds in retail stores, you should also consider the time and the day you go there?

Here are the best times to shop to score amazing deals in our favourite retail stores and supermarkets:

j9X285EW07BWfwfES4d-qhNQwuowdt9RUL5gDammBOhRVgvF2lPz6qPS-XSdTarUDqzmKaVQpvjrgZPYnSzMN0mf93zb_bA1bgUsXwEaf3Z06fH0aFE9e1DEYemIh0jJC6Q0_xLCv7U7P16taoEb8SfwnKmy_8N4E3o5cA-mVOdAnw5iZJMadzM5dQ

The best day to go shopping at ALDI is Wednesdays. Credit: Shutterstock.

ALDI

According to Queenie Tan, a content creator who regularly posts finance tips and advice on social media, the best day to go shopping at ALDI is Wednesday.

Since the cost of living has been rather overwhelming recently, knowing that the retail giant always marks down its prices on fresh produce, meat, seafood, and pantry food in the middle of the week is a great relief!

If you're wondering why you should go there on Wednesday, a staff member revealed that they usually clear out the shelves on that day to make room for the next shipment of produce.

And when it comes to the best time to go to the store, it is suggested that you do your shopping either right when they open their doors or after 3 pm, as this is when the employees typically restock and rotate the products. This way, you'll have access to the newest and freshest products before anyone else!

O4EoOhth3z7c6LLXD4Li3vdWnbR-5rvy9lF6J116DM9nrS9AQSCY6bW-iogtRNSyjKNOUA6GBtLlgi-8FrcfhB8gGzQF3JSQiCwuEwkkqii9r6pr7WcxrZUITKFqVzmlPfR0620ONFHmAaxKYUE1ZOyBlq7nTB9ycA7AxvaiOMFk4UP1JGJIdv5img

If you want bargain finds, start your week at Kmart. Credit: AAP Image/Paul Miller.

Kmart

A Kmart worker revealed that the store's markdowns occur every Monday, so if you want to pick up the best deals, head there first thing in the week!

Several regular shoppers can confirm that they usually find the best buys every Monday, and some of them even scored amazing items for as low as 20 cents.

'Hit up Kmart; the sales were incredible yesterday,' one shopper wrote in a post on social media, with a second person agreeing and adding, 'I highly recommend going. The things I found were insane, I'm obsessed!'

However, the workers never mentioned anything about whether or not there is a best time to go to Kmart, so we can only believe that it is fine to go there whenever you want on Mondays!

F0SgBc_3EQt2eFbPu7oVQ19-sLe4pmZAaBhhLOJzkv_IYrmJ78cfG4hFPpTPh5JAZow6LWsMPLFKSX396YLX66zLtrk5EwTVcdr-XRPJANKoRJsY21M8mn6KRSgHtf47R054zUBkhPcq2-DJ4Ezdg7piF3RWdX1CxfpL7O6O9RfAubQMLQLA-2buBg

Coles has their best deals on Wednesdays. Credit: AAP/Lukas Coch.

Coles

Several regular customers say that Wednesday is the best day to shop at Coles if you want to make sure you don't miss out on any weekly specials—this is because the shelves are stocked the night before.

'Wednesdays are the best for fully stocked shelves for weekly specials. Weekend late afternoons or evenings are not great because items on shelves and fresh produce sometimes run out,' said the shopper.

However, another customer argued that the best time to go will depend on where you live. 'I wouldn't go anywhere near my Coles between 3-6 pm on any afternoon. It's hectic as the school is right there, and then all the working backpackers come in.'

Instead, she suggested: 'I buy specials on Tuesday right before the sale ends. I get my junk mail so I can see all sales before the next week so I know not to buy and get it on Wednesday when sales change.'

6dGX5xZIxDxP-JtLgaw9bU1mkiFClecRNtK7fy3Ed15w1OLyOr7YbAcEVwJvl0XwQwMKseAw8HntGSOUvAIE03RVmP80GUE5Gk4jDgoIvO0W1k7m0QL0n1bk6BFC7i2aW857NKVVpcSkR8Bs67WtXLjI_zinOSxTtl7oMclpybErSI5uBfBZdZDMrg

The best time to shop at Woolies depends on the location. Credit: Shutterstock.

Woolworths

Although there isn't a particular day of the week that you can count on exceptional savings at Woolies, customers claim that the time of day you visit the store has a huge impact on the prices.

Shoppers claim that the supermarket regularly reduces the prices of all bakery products and certain fresh produce every evening, making it a good opportunity to stock up on meat and bread at a discount.

'I go around 6:30 pm to 7 pm and usually get my shopping done in record time and get some good markdown bargains,' one shopper confirmed, while another added: 'Every Saturday night. Everyone is out partying, and the kids are in bed. Nice and quiet.'

While some people claim to have found the best prices during late afternoons, others swear by early morning shopping.

'I find Tuesday mornings are best where I live. Seem to get good markdowns at that time,' one user said. Another agreed and added: 'I've found my Woolies is good for markdowns early in the morning. Quite often, I go in at around 8:30 am, and they are marking stuff down.'

Here you have it, folks! In most cases, the best days to hit the stores if you're searching for incredible deals are Mondays and Wednesdays.

However, you should keep in mind that these times are never guaranteed and always change based on where you are. You've heard it said: being a bargain hunter requires both luck and perseverance. Good luck with your shopping, everyone!

Sponsored