gkabbara

Nov 21, 2023
Banking or Break-In? The Hilarious Struggle of Online Access!

Dear Wise and Wonderful Friends,

Ever tried logging into your bank account online and felt like you were hacking into the Pentagon? If you've recently found yourself squinting at your phone, muttering at a six-digit SMS code, or wrestling with a two-factor authenticator that seems to have a mind of its own—you're not alone!

I get it; it’s like trying to break into Fort Knox just to check your balance. Who knew online banking could double as a brain workout? Wouldn't it be lovely if accessing your money was as simple as finding your glasses (when they’re not on top of your head, of course)?

Hang in there, because one day(maybe not in my lifetime), this whole process might just get as easy as flipping through a good old-fashioned checkbook. Until then, may your passwords be strong, your codes be correct, and your patience be endless!

Warm regards,

GUSS

IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY HAD A FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE KINDLY JUST COMMENT BELOW. IF YOU WISH TO SHARE NATURE OF THE PROBLEM PLEASE DO MENTION BRIEFLY BUT DO NOT REVEAL ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION.

I have had to change my password 18 times in the last twelve months as try as i may i cannot remember all the passwords i have for various other apps and websites so when i change my password because the bank do's not recognise the one i have just changed to i am thrown into this time consuming and quite mind boggling situation of trying to find a password that i have not used in the past and one that i can remember and it stinks !

• Wow
Reactions: SylviaK and Dynamo
I have had to change my password 18 times in the last twelve months as try as i may i cannot remember all the passwords i have for various other apps and websites so when i change my password because the bank do's not recognise the one i have just changed to i am thrown into this time consuming and quite mind boggling situation of trying to find a password that i have not used in the past and one that i can remember and it stinks !
Have you considered using a password saving system on your computer? I certainly wouldn’t cope without mine.

I’ve never had problems logging in to check my account balance & love the extra security of code to get in. It’s not that hard to memorise a 6 digit code.
Nor is it that hard to crack a code of solely 6 numbers. Yes 10 000 000 possible numbers might take a few computing hours given the appropriate computer and program, but....and just wait till quantum computing gets going. Two-factor authentication is probably the best secure system today, apart from a paper cheque-book and no internet banking. Or a sniffer dog to detect one's armpit smell.

Nor is it that hard to crack a code of solely 6 numbers. Yes 10 000 000 possible numbers might take a few computing hours given the appropriate computer and program, but....and just wait till quantum computing gets going. Two-factor authentication is probably the best secure system today, apart from a paper cheque-book and no internet banking. Or a sniffer dog to detect one's armpit smell.
It is a different code each time & isn’t valid for very long besides it’s my account for online shopping so no one is ever to going to be able to steal much. They would be extremely disappointed.