120 grams White Wings plain flour - sifted
395 gram can Nestle condensed milk
100 grams shredded coconut - Note #1
95 grams dried apricots - finely chopped
70 grams dried cranberries
50 grams pistachios - chopped - Note #2
90 grams Nestle milk chocolate baking chips
60 grams baking mallows - mini baking marshmallows
200 gram block Nestle Plaistowe premium milk cooking chocolate - broken into small pieces

Note #1 - desiccated coconut will make slice too dense
Note #2 - I prefer to use flaked almonds

Method

Preheat oven to 180.C or 160.C Fan Forced. Grease and a 20 centimetre square cake pan and line with baking paper.
For the base:
Beat the butter and sugar together in a medium size bowl, until light and creamy. Stir in the flour, and mix with your hands until a soft dough forms. Press into the pan and bake 13 - 15 minutes until pale golden.
For the topping:
Mix condensed milk, coconut, apricots, cranberries, pistachios and chocolate chips together. Gently spread over the base. Bake for 15 minutes. Gently remove from oven and push in the mallow bakes. Bake a further 10 minutes, or until firm and pale golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave following packet instructions and gently spread over the cooled slice with the back of a metal spoon.
Cool completely until the chocolate has set.
Trim the edges, and cut into four lines, then cut each line into five pieces making twenty squares. Keep in refrigerator.
Sweet and quite moorish

This recipe is from Taste, hence the brand names used.
I have made many times and used home brand ingredients with the same results

IMG_3942.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
This looks absolutely delicious 😋 I love Rocky road but sadly I won't be able to make this for awhile as I would be too tempted to eat it and I'm on a strict diet because on diabetes.

I will definitely send this to two if my daughters, who will definitely bake it and love it

Last edited:
I have always enjoyed both….but to be honest Chemistry will always be the winner!!

Hoping you have an amazing Christmas Veggiepatch, it’s just that special time of the year, that brings us together…..

I have always enjoyed both….but to be honest Chemistry will always be the winner!!

Hoping you have an amazing Christmas Veggiepatch, it’s just that special time of the year, that brings us together…..
Sorry but I've been engaged in Kitchen Chemistry for the past 30 minutes.

The best wishes to you Bullwinkle, and do everything you shouldn't....just like me! ♥️ :p

Reactions: Suzanne rose